Imua

Please please tell me this is just a rumor

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just got through chatting with Govi and he told me something very scary which corroborates what malishka said in another thread....

He said that he talked to a friend and he said out of 60 applicants only 2 got the visa. I asked him if this is for family visas as well as work visas, DV, etc. and he said 'all visas'.... I did not ask any more about who this friend was, etc. which makes me a VERY BAD LIBRARIAN - always evaluate your sources.... :whistle: but because malishka also had said in another thread she heard from someone in the KTM visa office that visa were now much harder to get I am scared and I can't just dismiss it... Because of our red flags I am thinking we are not likely to win against those kinds of odds... :crying:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Timeline

I don't knwo about 5% but if you pay attn at Mumbai the % of approval in the NIV section is very very very low. I get the sense that IV section has a somewhat higher approval rate, but I can not quantify.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I just got through chatting with Govi and he told me something very scary which corroborates what malishka said in another thread....

He said that he talked to a friend and he said out of 60 applicants only 2 got the visa. I asked him if this is for family visas as well as work visas, DV, etc. and he said 'all visas'.... I did not ask any more about who this friend was, etc. which makes me a VERY BAD LIBRARIAN - always evaluate your sources.... :whistle: but because malishka also had said in another thread she heard from someone in the KTM visa office that visa were now much harder to get I am scared and I can't just dismiss it... Because of our red flags I am thinking we are not likely to win against those kinds of odds... :crying:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/stat...stics_4391.html

Take a look at this handy link....it is the Report of the Visa Office for 2008 (the last year available) and shows visa issued by type/country. You have to root around the files to see the figures for your country of interest, but it is useful information...and you can go back through previous years, to see any changes.

For Nepal, 2,478 Immigrant Visas and 14,227 Non Immigrant Visas were issued for that year. (77 K visas were issued in 2008) I do not know if these numbers represent only 5% of the totals, but given the numbers, I do think its a little higher than just 5% of the total.

Just my take as I quickly glanced at the numbers.

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

IV Visas are rarely denied if the following is in order:

1) The sponsor is eligible (i.e. having sufficient income and reliable source of income)

2) The paperwork is in order (i.e. no missing PCCs, etc)

3) The CO sees no red flags to doubt the validity of the marriage / relationship.

Mumbai has a very high rate of approval for IV visas. Those with issues are either AP cases or ones with poor paperwork or ineligible sponsor (too little income).

1) The sponsor is eligible (i.e. having sufficient income and reliable source of income)

3) The CO sees no red flags to doubt the validity of the marriage / relationship.

Mumbai has a very high rate of approval for IV visas. Those with issues are either AP cases or ones with poor paperwork or ineligible sponsor (too little income).

Or the USC sponsor wife looks like the Indian guys grandmother.

5% visa approval sounds about right for tourist visas in the Philippines. I saw somwwhere that stated USCIS makes over 1.5 million a year from denied visas in PI.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

:crying:

We're toast....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're toast....

:lol: - remember what you just said - check the source... :)

We're toast....

Oh stop, you don't.

I was thinking of somoene else :innocent:

yes, i remember..the dude, did have a wife that was older than dirt..he was pissy, when you pointed that out..a great thread..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I was kidding... I may be technically old enough to be Govi's mom (especially if I were a member of the Palin family) but I don't think I look that old - at least we never got any strange looks or comments when we were out together...

Anyway, Haole makes a good point about the tourist visas - I would imagine it is nearly impossible for a Nepali to get a tourist visa to the US, so I never even considered they might be included in the bulk of denied visas. I will bring it up to Govi and hopefully ease his mind(and mine).

Edited by Pattu Rani

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.