emma88

co sponsoring cr1

7 posts in this topic

hi vjers

somethin struck my mind tonight, i thought it would be better to have sum opinions about it. to tell frankly right now im not working a REAL job, i am in collee work study which is not that much, my husband works and sends me money o also get food stamps etc (i am the usc). my husbands job isnt a big big one its just a job kinda thing so he actually doesnt hav assets to show. i am going to get someone co sponsor HIM. now my question is, are they goin to raise the topic of who is supportin me??i get help from all over now and there is no particular MAIN source. how many peple should be counted as my co sponsor supportin? he isnt married has no dependents. i am just wondering if my tax papers(which show very little income) make them wonder who is supportin me and put us in RFE or AP????

im very worried.... :bonk:

hi vjers

somethin struck my mind tonight, i thought it would be better to have sum opinions about it. to tell frankly right now im not working a REAL job, i am in collee work study which is not that much, my husband works and sends me money o also get food stamps etc (i am the usc). my husbands job isnt a big big one its just a job kinda thing so he actually doesnt hav assets to show. i am going to get someone co sponsor HIM. now my question is, are they goin to raise the topic of who is supportin me??i get help from all over now and there is no particular MAIN source. how many peple should be counted as my co sponsor supportin? he isnt married has no dependents. i am just wondering if my tax papers(which show very little income) make them wonder who is supportin me and put us in RFE or AP????

Now i'm not an expert but I think since you realize you need a co-sponsor they will be more concerned with the co-sponsors income and where they get it. Since you are in school and don't have a lot of real income, as long as you show the money from a 'job' they wont be too concerned about you, the USC. You can use up to two 'co-sponsors', such as mother and father, or aunt and uncle as long as they can show their income on their tax returns for the passed 3 years meets the requirements, you should be a-ok ;)

~Lainie

Feb. 2002 - met online/started talking

Dec.2002 - met IRL, got engaged!

May 2003 - Moved to Holland to live with fiance

Dec.2008 - Got married!

Feb. 23 2009 - DCF Amsterdam Consulate!

Feb. 27 2009 - 130 Approved!

Mar. 27 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd

April 17 2009 - Medical

April 27 2009 -Final Interview--APPROVED!!

April 29 2009 - Received VISA in mail!

June 22 2009 - Flew to NY

Sept 18 2009 - Moved to NC-WooHoo!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Also make sure you document the fact that you are a student right now. A student right now means you have a way to upgrade yourself in the future, right now you may be earning only 10k a year but once you complete your studies, depending upon whatever you are studying will show that you are on your way to earn 40k or whatever per year.

Do remember that you will also have to file i-134 or i-864 (depending which path you are taking, k-3 or cr-1 respectively). So you will have to document why are you getting yourself a joint sponsor.

Also make sure you document the fact that you are a student right now. A student right now means you have a way to upgrade yourself in the future, right now you may be earning only 10k a year but once you complete your studies, depending upon whatever you are studying will show that you are on your way to earn 40k or whatever per year.

Do remember that you will also have to file i-134 or i-864 (depending which path you are taking, k-3 or cr-1 respectively). So you will have to document why are you getting yourself a joint sponsor.

Will it be like a cover letter saying why i am having a joint co cponsor? do i have to send them my school id and all that, and schedule as prrof that i am in school???????????i am actually trying for teh cr-1 and the form will be the i1864.... :wacko:

i so appreciate your help....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi vjers

ok its not worried as you think all you have to do file all of your income and for sure will not meet them requirements for poverty line then you will find a co-sponsor that will meet what they asking for and make sure that your co-sponsor include all the other people they under his sponsoring like if him and his wife pulse your husband it counts three and so on just have a look for the new guideline for 2009 and ya will figure out how it works

Good Luck

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Will it be like a cover letter saying why i am having a joint co cponsor? do i have to send them my school id and all that, and schedule as prrof that i am in school???????????i am actually trying for teh cr-1 and the form will be the i1864.... :wacko:

i so appreciate your help....

Yes you will have to put a cover letter explaining why you need a joint sponsor. I am not sure if you need to put in your school id or not, someone else might help you with that. But I would suppose that it would be helpful to prove that you indeed are in school. Anyways don't fret so much, if you have someone to be the joint sponsor(who has sufficient income to show) then there isn't anything to worry about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.