mimimimimi

AOS interview bonafide marriage documents

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Guys, I am gathering documents to show bonafide relationship for our AOS interview next week.

My main question is: we have hundreds of emails and also online chats from when we were dating. I don't want to print it all ($$$)... HOW MANY emails should I print? A few samples for different time periods? HOW MANY? 10? 50? 100?

I also don't really want to print online chats... should I?

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- Joint health insurance (from my hubby's work)

- I just added him to my bank account so we won't have statements together, only a letter from the bank saying we have a joint account together. Is that too bad?

- Pictures of our one year relationship (including a few with him meeting my parents and sibling who visited here, and only 2 of me with his parents, and also civil wedding pictures with one friend only)

- Joint utility bills: electric, gas and cable bills for 1 or 2 months (got married about 3 months ago)

- No joint lease (he moved in to my apartment)

- No joint cellphone

- I have a train ticket from when I visited him one weekend while he was in college...

Do you guys think this is enough evidence? Interview came too fast, we thought we would have more time to gather things.

Edited by mimigrant

12-13-2010....RoC

They are looking for evidence after you were married, so the things used prior to marriage will not be that valuable. If you want, a few examples would be sufficient. Chats? just blank out what you don't want to share.

The other things you have seem more than enough.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

You have plenty of proof. And what was stated already is true. They're not looking for proof of relationship before you came, as much as what you've established together since you arrived. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
Guys, I am gathering documents to show bonafide relationship for our AOS interview next week.

My main question is: we have hundreds of emails and also online chats from when we were dating. I don't want to print it all ($$)... HOW MANY emails should I print? A few samples for different time periods? HOW MANY? 10? 50? 100?

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- I just added him to my bank account so we won't have statements together, only a letter from the bank saying we have a joint account together. Is that too bad?

- Pictures of our one year relationship (including a few with him meeting my parents and sibling who visited here, and only 2 of me with his parents, and also civil wedding pictures with one friend only)

- Joint utility bills: electric, gas and cable bills for 1 or 2 months (got married about 3 months ago)

- No joint cellphone

- I have a train ticket from when I visited him one weekend while he was in college...

Do you guys think this is enough evidence? Interview came too fast, we thought we would have more time to gather things.

Hey mimi :) ,

You guys seem fine to me. Some couples have even less and they do fine. As you already know our IO didn't ask for anything. Maybe one of you have a prepaid cell, so you can print that. You don't have to print every email, we printed probably one email every 4-5 months. Maybe you have some mail coming where it mentions both your names, or cards from others with cristmas and etc. that would show your IO that you live together even if he is not one the lease. Good luck!!! You will be fine!!!!

We will have a real party only end of the year... when we are one year married, and my family and friends will come.

So we just had a quick civil wedding, with one guest friend. No honeymoon yet...

And the only proof of financial co-mingling is the joint tax return this year. That's why I am wondering if it's enough.

What about Wedding/Celebration/birthday/trip/honeymoon photos?

Please give us a report after your interview!

Edited by mimigrant

12-13-2010....RoC

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My main question is: we have hundreds of emails and also online chats from when we were dating. I don't want to print it all ($$$)... HOW MANY emails should I print? A few samples for different time periods? HOW MANY? 10? 50? 100?

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- No joint cellphone

You might want to add to your apartment lease contract, so that you have prove that you live together. Both of you just need to go to the leasing office and ask them to add your husband's name to the lease.

• 1 month later...

hey we are about to go for our interview a few weeks. Just wondering how your interview went and what sort of questions where asked.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- No joint cellphone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's a little discouraging how few business will let you put your spouse on the account.

Electric and water people told me the account has to be in one name only. Same for internet provider. Only the Satellite TV company allowed me to add Svetlana's name.

Still, we do have joint tax return, health insurance card with both names, car insurance card with both names and a joint bank account.

Hope that will be sufficient for May 4 interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- No joint cellphone

You might want to add to your apartment lease contract, so that you have prove that you live together. Both of you just need to go to the leasing office and ask them to add your husband's name to the lease.

I would too - that is what we did and glad we did too cause the IO kept a copy of the lease agreement showing both of our names on there....

RUN to the office to get that done now! :) Cause I am certain that they will probably want to see that document. She also kept electric bill and joint bank account statements - if you do not have the, a letter from your bank stating that he's on your account is a good thing.

Edited by EtherealVocalist

Timeline: I am the USC - my husband is the beneficiary

11-02-05:..........Met online - We are both musicians: him music composer and me vocalist ( visit me at: www.myspace.com/etherealsopranoamethyste )

11-26-08:..........My love comes to see me for a holiday visit.

01-24-09:..........Impromptu Wedding in our little apartment!!! I LOVE you!!!

02-03-09:..........Went to the Civil Surgeon - Enveloppe in hand! Life is good!

02-09-09:..........Mailed ( certified ) the AOS package ( I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131, G-325A + all supporting evidence and more! )

02-11-09:..........Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

02-20-09:..........Money Orders Cashed!

02-23-09:..........We received today our 4 NOAs ( I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 ) - NOAs dated 2-18-09

02-24-09:..........Biometrics apt. Letter: 03-08-09 8AM.

03-09-09:..........Biometrics done - in and out in 10 mins.

03-20-09:..........Received today INTERVIEW LETTER FOR: 04-21-09!!!! ( TOTAL DAYS FROM FILING TO INTERVIEW: 68 DAYS!!! )

04-10-09:..........Received AP in mail!

04-13-09:..........Received EAD in mail! ~~~ WE ARE SO GRATEFUL AND HAPPY!!! ~~~

04-21-09:..........AOS interview in Manchester NH - I-130 approved - I-485 No decision made - Were told to wait for decision letter

04-27-09:.......... ******* WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER RCD! ******* ~~ adjustment from VWP without a problem! ~~

05-01-09:..........GREENCARD IN HAND!!! WOOO!!!

TOTAL TIME FROM AOS REACHING LOCKBOX TO GREENCARD IN HAND: 79 DAYS!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- No joint cellphone

I agree that you should ask that your husband's name be added to the lease. If you cannot get it done then let them know at the interview that you were recently married. Any kind of insurance together?

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my interview date too this july 16,09 all the information is gathered except for my husband kids birth certificate, his kids is grown no costudy thing or child support anymore since his done to all of it. Im so confuse coz theres no way we could get all of his kids birth certificate one of them is not even here in colorado. please if u guys have any idea it might be a big help for us.

Anyway this is how it was stated in the list "If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring

"If either you and your spouse were ever married before, all divorce decrees copies "which we have already have a copy" and birth certificate for all children of this marriage, and costudy papers for your children and for your children not living with you. Do you think this is only applied to kids under 18 or what coz it dont make sense to me his oldest daughter is 22 and the youngest is 19 and this youngest girl have kids already and married too so basically all of them are all grown.

Pls pls i need ur help!!!!!

thanks,

emie

Documents I am taking:

- Joint 2008 tax return

- No joint cellphone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello It varies according to the situation. When you go to your interview, the IO already check your file and make 80 of his/her decision. You can bring as much things as you want but what they want to see a bonafide relationship that can be estabilished by providing, Joint bank accounts, credit card, pictures taken after marriage like trip picture, event picture, hanging around on public places together etc etc. they dont wanna see how u been together before marriage but after marriage life takes into consideration like how are you both living together. Get the leasing papers on both of your names by ur landlord. When you file for AOS, sometimes someone comes up to your house to see if you are living together or what. I have read this thing here on VJ,

Dont worry whatever you have just take them with you except those chats or photos taken before marriage. U will be all fine.

and dont think too much as ur Interview is about to come. Think straight and if your relationship is genuine so why r u worrying for.

Best of Luck

The other things you have seem more than enough.

pheww. really? it looks like not that much compared to things I read here.

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.