1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
So found out why NVC sent out petition back to USCIS...uscis filing error. they didn't send eveyrthing proper to NVC...grrrr.

so we called spoke to a lvl 2 immigration officer ( btw you have to specifically ask for that..they will not offer to transfer you ), they told us NVC has no authority to send back petitions or take away an NOA2. USCIS received it on september 10th, and yes it was sitting on a shelf doing nothing til now! GRRRRRR.

Because it is a USCIS error they will now expedite it and fix the filing issue and send it back to NVC, however they do not have a time frame.

Good news is that the approval is still valid, bad news, it's been over a month, so we only have just a little under 3 months left.

Here's to hoping when it gets back to NVC we dont get stuck in processing again, cuz this march filer is fed up with this process!

**not sure if it will help, but we told them we are keeping congress and DOS updated on the complications uscis caused us..and that dos and congress will be checking up on our petition. hopefully that will help light a fire under someone's butt. :P

Heh Kimbear, don't sweat the 4 month valid period on your NOA2. My approval from CSC was on July 24th...a month later NVC had still not received it so I contacted my Congressman and she contacted USCIS and it was sent the next day to NVC...it had been sitting after approval for 1 month. I then received ANOTHER NOA2 with a new date of August 18. I think that is likely what will happen with you...a new NOA2. Mav

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well at least thats some good news Kim, you're getting there....I just wish that cuz of this you could expedite with the embassy too. *hugs* when/if I ever get my interview, we should have dinner the night before when I'm in MTL :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
So found out why NVC sent out petition back to USCIS...uscis filing error. they didn't send eveyrthing proper to NVC...grrrr.

so we called spoke to a lvl 2 immigration officer ( btw you have to specifically ask for that..they will not offer to transfer you ), they told us NVC has no authority to send back petitions or take away an NOA2. USCIS received it on september 10th, and yes it was sitting on a shelf doing nothing til now! GRRRRRR.

Because it is a USCIS error they will now expedite it and fix the filing issue and send it back to NVC, however they do not have a time frame.

Good news is that the approval is still valid, bad news, it's been over a month, so we only have just a little under 3 months left.

Here's to hoping when it gets back to NVC we dont get stuck in processing again, cuz this march filer is fed up with this process!

**not sure if it will help, but we told them we are keeping congress and DOS updated on the complications uscis caused us..and that dos and congress will be checking up on our petition. hopefully that will help light a fire under someone's butt. :P

Heh Kimbear, don't sweat the 4 month valid period on your NOA2. My approval from CSC was on July 24th...a month later NVC had still not received it so I contacted my Congressman and she contacted USCIS and it was sent the next day to NVC...it had been sitting after approval for 1 month. I then received ANOTHER NOA2 with a new date of August 18. I think that is likely what will happen with you...a new NOA2. Mav

oh that would be nice..although what would be nicer is having my interview by november so i can have xmas with the hubby 2 be :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Well at least thats some good news Kim, you're getting there....I just wish that cuz of this you could expedite with the embassy too. *hugs* when/if I ever get my interview, we should have dinner the night before when I'm in MTL :D

i swear if it's not one thing with us march filers it's another..i mean c'mon!

the stupidity with my petition, you still dont have an interview, 6 months to get an RFE..like ####### why can't these govt agencies get off their damn butts!

growling done :P

o.O definately sounds good..hopefully you get you date soon dangit!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
i swear if it's not one thing with us march filers it's another..i mean c'mon!

the stupidity with my petition, you still dont have an interview, 6 months to get an RFE..like ####### why can't these govt agencies get off their damn butts!

growling done :P

o.O definately sounds good..hopefully you get you date soon dangit!

seriously - after 5.5 months and multiple calls and emails to my congressman we get an RFE - for stuff that is not even in the instructions!! (ie. her birth certificate) doesn't their system tell them if they have outdated unprocessed applications?

kimbear - glad to hear you got some real information on your case. being stuck in the dark is the ABSOLUTE worst part.

we just sent our RFE stuff. besides the birth certificate, we included a stack of photos with obvious landmarks in them along with credit card statements matching those places and dates. we also added boarding passes, passport copies, and some other receipts. if THAT doesn't work, then nothing will.

good luck!! if you can get through this, you can get through anything!

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.16.09 - RFE response sent

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

09.28.09 - Case received by NVC

10.01.09 - NVC sent case to embassy

10.07.09 - Consulate received case, packet 3 sent via email

10.12.09 - Packet 3 checklist sent to embassy

10.21.09 - Embassy received completed checklist

12.14.09 - Appointment letter issued

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

02.10.10 - Visa in hand!!!

04.01.10 - POE in Chicago

04.23.10 - Marriage

05.11.10 - Filed AOS, EAD, & AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just got phone call from Dublin Embassy. Interview on Tuesday :D got no letter from the embassy just the phone call.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Same day as our interview in Panama. Here's hoping it's a really good day for March filers. I fly out tomorrow and, once again the optimist, we have two return tickets for next Friday and pedal-to-the-metal plans for an October 10th wedding.

Just got phone call from Dublin Embassy. Interview on Tuesday :D got no letter from the embassy just the phone call.

---

Patrick (USC) and Ingrith (Panameña)

First met: Oct, 2007

Proposal (and acceptance): 28 Dec, 2008

NOA1: 6 Mar, 2009

NOA2: 13 Aug, 2009

Packet 3: 31 Aug, 2009

Interview: 22 Sept, 2009

POE: 26 Sept, 2009

Married! 10 Oct, 2009

---

AOS/AP/EAD sent: 12 Nov, 2009

NOA1 x 3: 19 Nov, 2009

NOA1 hard copies: 23 Nov, 2009

Biometrics: 15 Dec, 2009

Transfer to CSC: 17 Dec, 2009

I-485 touch: 29 Dec, 2009 & 6 Jan, 2010

Green Card Approved: 22 Jan, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Same day as our interview in Panama. Here's hoping it's a really good day for March filers. I fly out tomorrow and, once again the optimist, we have two return tickets for next Friday and pedal-to-the-metal plans for an October 10th wedding.

Good luck to both of you on your interviews! I'm sure everything will go great! You are almost there...just a couple more days!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Good luck on interviews! :thumbs:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats it seems like you will get the October wedding after all. :)

Timeline

well, i just got an email yesterday informing us that USCIS has received our RFE response. according to the timelines, many applicants get their NOA2 very soon after the RFE response, so we're keeping our fingers crossed!!

just for the sake of record keeping, which dates do we use for the RFEs in our timeline? currently, i used the date printed on the letter as the RFE date, and i used the date that i mailed our response as the reply date. i know it's nitpicky, but good data makes for good stats.

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

04.23.10 - Marriage

Timeline
well, i just got an email yesterday informing us that USCIS has received our RFE response. according to the timelines, many applicants get their NOA2 very soon after the RFE response, so we're keeping our fingers crossed!!

just for the sake of record keeping, which dates do we use for the RFEs in our timeline? currently, i used the date printed on the letter as the RFE date, and i used the date that i mailed our response as the reply date. i know it's nitpicky, but good data makes for good stats.

I used the date I actually got the RFE in the mail. I think that would make more sense. The reply date is the date you mail out which is correct.

Seems like your approval is coming shortly. I am still waiting for someone to pick up mine from the post office. It got delivered on Saturday and they left a notice.

Timeline

I used the date I actually got the RFE in the mail. I think that would make more sense. The reply date is the date you mail out which is correct.

Seems like your approval is coming shortly. I am still waiting for someone to pick up mine from the post office. It got delivered on Saturday and they left a notice.

since the uscis email last sunday, we've had 2 more touches - yesterday and today. i added email and mobile alerts to our case, but i still find myself checking the website nearly every hour. what more do they want???!!! i feel like the last march filer still waiting, and according to the timelines, that's almost true!!

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

04.23.10 - Marriage

Timeline

since the uscis email last sunday, we've had 2 more touches - yesterday and today. i added email and mobile alerts to our case, but i still find myself checking the website nearly every hour. what more do they want???!!! i feel like the last march filer still waiting, and according to the timelines, that's almost true!!

I am so sorry they put you through all this. I am sure the 2nd touch is the approval and they forgot to update their system. My RFE arrived at CSC yesterday morning and I have not recieved a single touch yet. I am also doing the same checking the website for even a touch. They have not even resumed processing on mine yet. This RFE is completely driving me insane, and I am losing my patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Well, don't worry. Your not alone, at least there are 2 of us March filers still hanging around. Totally sucks when you feel singled out. :angry:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-07-02

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-15

NVC Received : 2009-10-24

Interview: 2009-12-17

Approval: 2009-12-30

POE (S.F.): 2010-01-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.