1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
nothing for over 5 months, then 4 touches in one week annnnnnnnnnddddd....... an RFE. we were pretty meticulous when filling out the petition, so i have no idea what it could be.

for those of you who have dealt with an RFE, how soon did you get your NOA2 after returning the RFE? i thought we were so close before this - we're just tired of dealing with the USCIS.

thanks for your help!!

if you send it through Fed Ex at the actual service center address than the self addressed envelope to the PO box it will get their sooner. It really works!! I am going to do the same with mine.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My guy goes home on Saturday, so I'm feeling pretty miserable today. Trying not to think about it, and just enjoy the time we have left together, but unfortunately he put his back out the other day and he's in agony at the moment. I'm not even sure how he's going to manage the long journey home.

Visa-wise, we're still waiting for our police certificate. I'm starting to get really, really annoyed about the delay now. I wouldn't mind having to wait until January to see him again, if I knew that this really was the last time we'll be apart.

I'm feeling miserable too. I thought getting the visa would be the last big deal before AOS, but I am afraid my fiance is getting cold feet. The plan was for him to come at the end of October (2 months after receiving the visa), but now he is putting off the trip indefinately, doesn't want me buying plane tickets or anything. I can only imagine how hard it must be to leave your family and country behind, and I am sympathetic to his feelings, but I am also scared that he will change his mind about marrying me. Any advice?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
nothing for over 5 months, then 4 touches in one week annnnnnnnnnddddd....... an RFE. we were pretty meticulous when filling out the petition, so i have no idea what it could be.

for those of you who have dealt with an RFE, how soon did you get your NOA2 after returning the RFE? i thought we were so close before this - we're just tired of dealing with the USCIS.

thanks for your help!!

It could be approved in 5 days if you go through a private courier like Fed - Ex. Here is the link that gives you the address.

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/l...php?t12135.html

It really works and that is the best way to go.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for your help!!

if you send it through Fed Ex at the actual service center address than the self addressed envelope to the PO box it will get their sooner. It really works!! I am going to do the same with mine.

I got an RFE before my NOA got approved but as soon as i send the required papers i got approved in 3 days. Then they send it to NVC and got stuck there for less than 2 weeks. Now where just waiting for my fiancee's interview on September 17.

Dont worry if you recieved an RFE as long as you send what they want you have bothing to worry.

Goodluck and god bless

Angel & Joann

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sigh..still no update..other than our approved noa2 is finally back at CSC and under review..lately..i dont feel like getting up out of bed anymore. and i'm extremely bitchy and grumpy and david and i are arguing alot and i dont knwo what to do. the longer we are apart it seems the further we get from each other emotionally. i just had a panic attack the other day when we got in a fight...i miss him so much :(

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got sick last Tuesday, so my guy extended his trip by two weeks.

Sent off our visa forms yesterday, the police check finally arrived and next week I'm going to schedule the medical. Once I've been through the financial support documents and checked they're okay, I'll be sending off my completed checklist to the embassy and awaiting my interview date.

Very sorry to those of you that are still stuck waiting. :( I know it was frustrating enough when the wait was within the estimated timeframe, must be so difficult for you all when you don't know what's holding things up or how long left there is to wait. I hope you hear something back soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
sigh..still no update..other than our approved noa2 is finally back at CSC and under review..lately..i dont feel like getting up out of bed anymore. and i'm extremely bitchy and grumpy and david and i are arguing alot and i dont knwo what to do. the longer we are apart it seems the further we get from each other emotionally. i just had a panic attack the other day when we got in a fight...i miss him so much :(

i know how you feel - i'm so preoccupied at times that it's affecting my job. every conversation we have seems to come back to this stupid k-1 process. we got the RFE notice on sept. 4, but we're still waiting to get the letter in the mail. how long can THAT take? if credit card bills can be sent securely online, why not uscis notices?

i hope you can draw strength from each other and use this opportunity to solidify your relationship. tall order - i know. most people have difficult times at some point in their relationships, but this kind of test this early in a relationship is something that most people can not understand. the worst part is the uncertainty. uscis is so vague in what they're doing, when they're going to finish, etc. i hope you get some positive news soon!!

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.16.09 - RFE response sent

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

09.28.09 - Case received by NVC

10.01.09 - NVC sent case to embassy

10.07.09 - Consulate received case, packet 3 sent via email

10.12.09 - Packet 3 checklist sent to embassy

10.21.09 - Embassy received completed checklist

12.14.09 - Appointment letter issued

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

02.10.10 - Visa in hand!!!

04.01.10 - POE in Chicago

04.23.10 - Marriage

05.11.10 - Filed AOS, EAD, & AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Well, I guess you can add me to the long list of frustrated March 09 K-1 filers with the uscis..... You take your time, fill out the petition, and cross your t's and dot your i's and then just pitch it into a big black hole..... hoping with any luck it will find its way out the other side, so you can get on with your life. :angry:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-07-02

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-15

NVC Received : 2009-10-24

Interview: 2009-12-17

Approval: 2009-12-30

POE (S.F.): 2010-01-06

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, I guess you can add me to the long list of frustrated March 09 K-1 filers with the uscis..... You take your time, fill out the petition, and cross your t's and dot your i's and then just pitch it into a big black hole..... hoping with any luck it will find its way out the other side, so you can get on with your life. :angry:

So sorry to hear about your frustrations, guys. It is insanity that USCIS has so much power over our lives. I know how hard it is to stay strong, but you have made it this far, you can make it still. Kimbear, I went through the same thing with my fiance where we were snapping at each other over every little thing. It is definitely the uncertainty that makes us this way. Hopefully now that they have found your case and it is back at USCIS, they problem can be resolved quickly. Most likely it was some box USCIS forgot to check or something they didn't include. Aeb2009-have you contacted your local officials? Your RFE should have received a response by now! Did they even acknowledge receipt of it? Good luck to you both. Good news is right around the corner. I'm sure of it!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your frustrations, guys. It is insanity that USCIS has so much power over our lives. I know how hard it is to stay strong, but you have made it this far, you can make it still. Kimbear, I went through the same thing with my fiance where we were snapping at each other over every little thing. It is definitely the uncertainty that makes us this way. Hopefully now that they have found your case and it is back at USCIS, they problem can be resolved quickly. Most likely it was some box USCIS forgot to check or something they didn't include. Aeb2009-have you contacted your local officials? Your RFE should have received a response by now! Did they even acknowledge receipt of it? Good luck to you both. Good news is right around the corner. I'm sure of it!

Hi Menina, yes they received it (the RFE), and I have contacted all of my local officials. Thanks for the well wishes..... I wonder how the process would run if people who actually went through the process were running the show over there at uscis?? I bet a lot of the timelines would definitely be shorter! :D

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-07-02

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-15

NVC Received : 2009-10-24

Interview: 2009-12-17

Approval: 2009-12-30

POE (S.F.): 2010-01-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about the trouble some of you have to go through. Hope you have enough energy left to stay strong. I have been waiting for my visa in the mail. Called the embassy endless times and wrote them an email that I have a flight on thursday. Today I get a call that my visa is ready, but won't make it to me in time for my flight if they send it out in the mail tomorrow. So I am going on a litle 6 hour road trip each way to pick up my visa. Was depressed in the beginning but noticed really quickly I should be more than happy to be able to get my visa in time for my flight.

I wish everyone else good luck and hope that we soon can all talk about our weddings and aos.

Fran

age.png

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

well, we got the RFE in the mail today (finally!!). here's what we need to get -

evidence of meeting

- copies of passport pages that show the ID page and admission stamps

not a problem - just might take a little time through the mail. is a fax acceptable?

- airline ticket stubs and receipts

not so easy - not sure what she has kept as far as this goes.

- film dated photos of us together

we have lots of photos, and we sent in a bunch. unfortunately, they didn't have date stamps. anyone know how to get the date stamp added to the photo? photos were taken with an olympus sp-510 uz if that helps

- any evidence that will help the uscis to determine.......

any suggestions for things to submit other than what is listed here?

submit a birth certificate with certified English translation

don't remember this in the instructions, but again, not a problem - mail or fax?

we want to make sure there are NO questions, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.16.09 - RFE response sent

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

09.28.09 - Case received by NVC

10.01.09 - NVC sent case to embassy

10.07.09 - Consulate received case, packet 3 sent via email

10.12.09 - Packet 3 checklist sent to embassy

10.21.09 - Embassy received completed checklist

12.14.09 - Appointment letter issued

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

02.10.10 - Visa in hand!!!

04.01.10 - POE in Chicago

04.23.10 - Marriage

05.11.10 - Filed AOS, EAD, & AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
- any evidence that will help the uscis to determine.......[/i]

any suggestions for things to submit other than what is listed here?

We didn't have film dated photographs, so when we submitted our package, I just wrote the dates on the back and stated who they were with (full names) and where they were taken.

Admittedly, we also had evidance from the passports and ticket stubs too, so maybe that's why USCIS accepted the additional information.

As for any other evidance: how about a letter of support from someone you know? I asked one of my tutors to do that for me. She just wrote a letter saying how long she'd known me, and that I was in a relationship with my guy and that we had met in person many times. She wrote the letter on collage stationary (with my collage's logo, etc) so that it'd look official.

Edited by FrostyMist

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So found out why NVC sent out petition back to USCIS...uscis filing error. they didn't send eveyrthing proper to NVC...grrrr.

so we called spoke to a lvl 2 immigration officer ( btw you have to specifically ask for that..they will not offer to transfer you ), they told us NVC has no authority to send back petitions or take away an NOA2. USCIS received it on september 10th, and yes it was sitting on a shelf doing nothing til now! GRRRRRR.

Because it is a USCIS error they will now expedite it and fix the filing issue and send it back to NVC, however they do not have a time frame.

Good news is that the approval is still valid, bad news, it's been over a month, so we only have just a little under 3 months left.

Here's to hoping when it gets back to NVC we dont get stuck in processing again, cuz this march filer is fed up with this process!

**not sure if it will help, but we told them we are keeping congress and DOS updated on the complications uscis caused us..and that dos and congress will be checking up on our petition. hopefully that will help light a fire under someone's butt. :P

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.