Crazy & Mad

AOS FILERS: MARCH 2009

1,230 posts in this topic

Timeline
hey guys just a question: can I study at a college w/the EAD. I already have my SS#.

Also my interview is on the 14th of July :thumbs:

Ours is also July 14th at 8am.

I believe you cannot study with the EAD. But you should check with the particular college you want to study at for their particular requirements. I have the UNLV booklet here somewhere, and if I get a chance tonight I will look it up and see what it says.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
hey guys just a question: can I study at a college w/the EAD. I already have my SS#.

I believe you cannot study with the EAD. But you should check with the particular college you want to study at for their particular requirements. I have the UNLV booklet here somewhere, and if I get a chance tonight I will look it up and see what it says.

UNLV? Wow are you in Vegas? I live in N. Las Vegas. I'm going tomorrow and see what they say. I looked at the UNLV website and it says something about if you're a us citizen, permanent resident, and other. so maybe that other can mean something. I'm going to CSN first and see what's up. CSN for two years and then transfer that's my plan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Hi guys,

Just got home from my interview and i was APPROVED!!! 10min interview he asked me: Where you met? When you arrived in the US? Who went to your wedding ceremony ? That's all.

One thing he wanted to see was join documents which we have a lot. Car insurance, life, health, dental, bank, phones , zoo membership.

He stamped my passport and said that the green card will be mailed soon. Also took my EAD Card.

I asked him if he needed any pictures and he said no thanks you already sent a lot. (I sent a bunch of pictures with my AOS Package )

So that's it.

Good luck everybody, be calm, dont stress out and everything is going to be ok.

See you guys in 2 year :)

Much Love

Leila and Brad

How do you go earlier than your biometric appointment date? Do you need to just show up or write to USCIS prior to your visit?

12/13/07: Met for the first time

1/4/08: Began dating

1/18/09: Got engaged

5/26/09: Holy matrimony

6/3/09: I-130 & AOS sent via FedEx Express Saver

6/5/09: Package received by USCIS Office - signed by A. Ainalakis

6/11/09: Checks for I-130 and I-485 cashed

6/15/09: NoA received were received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (they were all dated 6/10/09)

7/7/09: Biometric date (completed on 7/2/09)

7/21/09: Interview date notice received (notice dated 7/15/09)

7/24/09: EAD card production ordered (whatever it means)

8/6/09: EAD card received in mail at last (it was mailed out on 7/30/09)

9/10/09: Interview passed after 10 minutes!!!

9/14/09: Received Welcome Notice in mail

9/21/09: Finally received the CARD that I have been looking for many many years

6/10/2011: Removal of condition

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got a CRIS email last night stating that june 4th card production was ordered. Hopefully those 8 week delays are over now, I had been hoping that card production had been ordered already and they just had not updated the online status to say so (because that meant the card could show up any day... oh well).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi guys,

Just got home from my interview and i was APPROVED!!! 10min interview he asked me: Where you met? When you arrived in the US? Who went to your wedding ceremony ? That's all.

One thing he wanted to see was join documents which we have a lot. Car insurance, life, health, dental, bank, phones , zoo membership.

He stamped my passport and said that the green card will be mailed soon. Also took my EAD Card.

I asked him if he needed any pictures and he said no thanks you already sent a lot. (I sent a bunch of pictures with my AOS Package )

So that's it.

Much Love

Leila and Brad

How do you go earlier than your biometric appointment date? Do you need to just show up or write to USCIS prior to your visit?

Just walk in and ask nicely if you can do it early. If they are no busy they will do it :)

Brad & Leila's timeline

• Sept 19th, 2008 Arrived in US as tourist
  • Wedding proposal Jan 2sd
  • Jan. 10th - Wedding
  • Feb 26, 2009 - Medical Exam
  • March 12th, 2009 - Medical Exam Result
  • March 13th, 2009 AOS paperwork sent
  • March 16th, 2009 Paperwork in Chicago ( Signed by G. Cano at 10:18AM)
  • March 25, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765, I-130
  • March 30, 2009 Biometric Appointment Letter ( Schedule date April 16th)
  • April 01, 2009 Biometric Done
  • April 25, 2009 Interview Letter ( Schedule data Jun 3rd)
  • May 06, 2009 EAD Card Production Ordered (view online)
  • May 07, 2009 AP Received
  • May 11, 2009 EAD Received
  • Jun 3rd, 2009 Interview - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi guys,

So that's it.

Much Love

Leila and Brad

Just walk in and ask nicely if you can do it early. If they are no busy they will do it :)

According to many prior postings on the subject, it really depends on the office you go to and refusal may not just be on the grounds of how busy they are. In the Bay Area, as far as I know, no one could ever do an early appointment at the San Jose office, but the Salinas office (1 1/2hr drive south) will accept them.

Basically, don't be surprised if they refuse your early biometrics.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Actually this is incorrect.

You CAN study at any time technically. You just may have to pay OUT OF STATE tuition (which is 3 times as much). I called my school and they said I can use my SPOUSES US residency!

So, call the school you are interested in, see if you can use your spouses residency to qualify for IN state tution (note: spouse has to be a state resident for at least a year I believe).

But, EAD has NOTHING to do with schooling.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Got a CRIS email last night stating that june 4th card production was ordered. Hopefully those 8 week delays are over now, I had been hoping that card production had been ordered already and they just had not updated the online status to say so (because that meant the card could show up any day... oh well).

congrats...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
got a CRIS email for an RFE, I'm not sure what it's about but will see next week.

Hi...Pilotayo..

I think now..they asking for whole medical exam report I-693 to submitt..

I got RFE tooo...

I think they lost our Medical Report..

Received 10 yeart Green Card in Mail:10/18/11

N-400 Citizenship Journey

N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX: 03/23/2012

N-400-Delivered: at 3:00 pm on 03/26/2012 in Lewisville, TX. The item was signed for by J CATES

Received Text Message & email: Application received and NOA1 sent on 03/28/2012

Check Cashed: 03/29/2012

NOA1 Received/P.date: 03/26/2012

NOA1 received: 03/31/2012 received in mail

Bio Appt Sent: 04/26/2012 reveived email stating biomertic appt has been scheduled

Biometrics appointment notice received: 04/28/12

Biometric appointment: Schedule on 05/18/12 at Memphis-TN(done early on 05/03/2012)

Schedule for Interview:03/25/2012 Received Email, interview letter will received in 14 days

Interview Letter Received: 06/02/2012 received in mail

Interview: Schedule on 07/02/12 at 7:40am Memphis-TN

PASSES.. Naturalization Interview on 3 year base 07/02/2012 at 8:25am

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: On August 28th Received Email form USCIS, my oath ceremony scheduled.

Waiting for Oath Ceremony letter.

Called USCIS about oath ceremony letter :09/10/2012 (where is my oath letter)

called again USCIS about oath ceremony letter :09/13/2012 (got locaton an time on phone thanks God)

Finally received oath ceremony letter:09/19/2012(was sent on 09/17/2012)

Oathe Ceremony was on: 09/21/2012 at 8:00am (little Rock, Arkansas)

Finally I am U.S. Citizen

Timeline
UNLV? Wow are you in Vegas? I live in N. Las Vegas. I'm going tomorrow and see what they say. I looked at the UNLV website and it says something about if you're a us citizen, permanent resident, and other. so maybe that other can mean something. I'm going to CSN first and see what's up. CSN for two years and then transfer that's my plan

Yep in Las Vegas. Good plan, most of the classes taken at CSN will transfer to UNLV, and it is quite a bit cheaper then taking them at UNLV, plus if you are over in NLV the CSN campus is a lot closer then UNLV.

You CAN study at any time technically. You just may have to pay OUT OF STATE tuition (which is 3 times as much). I called my school and they said I can use my SPOUSES US residency!

So, call the school you are interested in, see if you can use your spouses residency to qualify for IN state tution (note: spouse has to be a state resident for at least a year I believe).

Sorry should have put with JUST an EAD. Technically you CANNOT study at any time. When going to enroll they want proof that you are here in the US legally (ie non-expired I94, Permanent Resident Car, student visa, etc), and will continue to be through out the semester. We were going to enroll my wife in a short term (5 week) summer course at UNLV, however they would not accept it since the I94 would have expired shortly after starting and we had not yet received her PRC, thy would not accept the pending AOS.

Yep in Las Vegas. Good plan, most of the classes taken at CSN will transfer to UNLV, and it is quite a bit cheaper then taking them at UNLV, plus if you are over in NLV the CSN campus is a lot closer then UNLV.

Sorry should have put with JUST an EAD. Technically you CANNOT study at any time. When going to enroll they want proof that you are here in the US legally (ie non-expired I94, Permanent Resident Car, student visa, etc), and will continue to be through out the semester. We were going to enroll my wife in a short term (5 week) summer course at UNLV, however they would not accept it since the I94 would have expired shortly after starting and we had not yet received her PRC, thy would not accept the pending AOS.

Well, I went today and filled out the paper, talked to a counselor, need to take the placement test and that's it. They didn't ask for a permanent resident card or well at least not for now.

Edited by TheGuy

Timeline

Well, I went today and filled out the paper, talked to a counselor, need to take the placement test and that's it. They didn't ask for a permanent resident card or well at least not for now.

We did the same took the test, and then when it was time to enroll is when they requested all the information. Do you have a State ID or DL yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My husband took the placement test and he is currently enrolled in English classes but they are noncredit classes. They told me to enroll him in English classes I just have to show proof that he applied for a visa. I bet if you showed them that you applied for the AOS & you are currently waiting, they would enroll you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.