just_friend

Question about employment?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I have a question/problem. I am not employed and I am a little bit worried about the interview for K1 visa. I read the VJ wiki and the questions they might ask me at the interview and one of the questions is 'what do you do for living?" well it might be strange but I don't work. I help my mom at her job but I don't have any documents for being employed and so on. Do you think that might be a problem? Do you think I should get hired and any job just for the document that shows I receive any kind of income? I just graduated my university and I haven't really looked for a job.The money are not really an issue but I have a denial of a tourist visa because of not being employed and now I am wondering if they will make it a problem again.

Any thoughts or suggestions are wellcome

Thanks

Edited by just_friend

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

employment is not a problem for the benneficiary as it is expected they will emigrate... it could be a problem for the USC

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I have a question/problem. I am not employed and I am a little bit worried about the interview for K1 visa. I read the VJ wiki and the questions they might ask me at the interview and one of the questions is 'what do you do for living?" well it might be strange but I don't work. I help my mom at her job but I don't have any documents for being employed and so on. Do you think that might be a problem? Do you think I should get hired and any job just for the document that shows I receive any kind of income? I just graduated my university and I haven't really looked for a job.The money are not really an issue but I have a denial of a tourist visa because of not being employed and now I am wondering if they will make it a problem again.

Thanks

Yeah darl, your going to have a few probs if you cant prove your making 125% above the poverty line so your going to need to get yourself a job ... Will your mum be willing to co-sponsor, if not your going to need to find a co-sponsor that will meet the requirements ... If money isnt a problem and you have a few $$ stashed away that can be added into the assets side and will help but under the circumstances you will need to get some sort of employment or have mum start paying you for the work you do for her so you can have pay stubs etc that are required ...

I really dont know a 'ell of a lot because my fiance did this side of things but youll get people coming in and giving you advice soon enough ...

Good luck with everything! :)

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
employment is not a problem for the benneficiary as it is expected they will emigrate... it could be a problem for the USC

OHH .. are they the benificiary? I thought they were the petitioner ... If they are the benificary they dont need to be employed ... Im not currently employed in a paid position but Im doing volunteer work so when i got to parts that asked about my employment I just filled in VOLUNTEER RECEPTIONIST put in address etc as normal ...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yes I am the beneficiary. My fiancee (the USC) is making more than the povery line. I was just wondering if they might think it's a problem if I don't have a stable income. Do you think it will be enogh if I show bank statements that I have savings but no income? As I already said I had a denial on a tourst visa just after I graduated when I wanted to visit my fiancee. They said I don't have strong connections or something with my home country?!?!?

I am afraid this might be a problem again. I don't really understand why money are really an ussue. Seriously. When I was interviewed there was a girl who was going to the states just for shopping.????

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Timeline
Yes I am the beneficiary. My fiancee (the USC) is making more than the povery line. I was just wondering if they might think it's a problem if I don't have a stable income. Do you think it will be enogh if I show bank statements that I have savings but no income? As I already said I had a denial on a tourst visa just after I graduated when I wanted to visit my fiancee. They said I don't have strong connections or something with my home country?!?!?

I am afraid this might be a problem again. I don't really understand why money are really an ussue. Seriously. When I was interviewed there was a girl who was going to the states just for shopping.????

they do not care about your financial situation ... they don't care if you have $1 or $100,000.... your finances will not be addressed... This is very different than a tourist visa application.... where your finances are more important

YMMV

Timeline

Benificiary doesnt need to be employed .. there income is never taken into consideration thru the entire process even if they have proof they will be employed when they go to the states and have the appropriate paperwork... The petitioner is the one that needs to prove they can support the fiance/wife during the process ...

I dont know why your tourist visa was denied ..but from what you said you didnt have enough evidence that you had strong ties to your country so in their eyes there was a risk that you would enter and not leave ... the girl on the shopping spree prob had a lot of evidence that she was heading back home when she was done ...

So really at this point you need to concern yourself with getting enough evidence together to prove you and your fiance have a bona fide relationship and that will include phone bills, photoes, letters etc ...

Good luck, youll be just fine! :) just because a tourist visa got rejected doesnt mean your k1 will be .. Just get all the evidence you need for the interview etc.

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks

No, employment is not an issue for the foreign fiancee.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

based from my experience, it was not a problem. I was not working when i had the interview...i put on the form unemployed...i didnt have any bank statements with me as well coz' it was not on the requirements in the first place. Just focus on ur petitioner's affidavit of suppport, 3 years income tax with W2s, certificate of employment and his bank statements. Those are the documents that my consul checked thoroughly. They want to make sure we will be supported by our fiances and we wont be liabilities in the US... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Being that you are going to be entering the USA on a K1 visa this time, you don't need to prove that you have strong connections with your country. You are going to the US to live there. Anyway, YOU don't have to worry about being employed or anything. Your spouse, the USC, is the one who needs to be making the money.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

ask your mom or accountant to put you on 4 hours work contract just in case :) it will be fast and easy i know as i'm in bulgaria too :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.