JODO

Four kisses a day are key to long-lasting marriage, survey suggests

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Four kisses a day are key to long-lasting marriage, survey suggests

Sharing two hobbies, having three cuddles every 24 hours, saying at least one 'I love you' a day and enjoying two romantic meals a month could also help ensure a lasting liaison.

Researchers also discovered the husband and wife who will stay true to their 'til death us do part' vow will have met through friends – and tied the knot after three and a half years together.

The profile of the perfect marriage was compiled by wedding planning website www.confetti.co.uk

More than 3,000 married adults were polled to discovere the secrets of their success in staying together.

Carol Richardson of confetti.co.uk said: "The research shows just how many components make up the perfect marriage, including the ideal age gap, dating duration and time to get married.

"It also seems couples are getting married older now which could be down to women putting more emphasis on their careers nowadays, resulting in romance and marriage playing second fiddle.

"Yet the perfect age gap for a ideal partnership still consists of the groom being older than the bride which must work due to the husband being more emotionally and financially stable.

"And after wedding hype is over, the study shows how important it is to keep the magic alive with regular kisses, cuddles and romantic nights out."

The study found the longest-lasting marriages involve a man who walked down the aisle at the age of 31 – two years and three months older than their partner.

They should also say 'I love you' to each other at least once every day and have sex three times a week.

The first child will arrive two years and two months after the wedding.

And to keep the spark alive the poll found that married folk should enjoy two romantic meals out each month and spend three nights of the week cuddling on the sofa together.

They will also keep in regular touch – even when they are at work – through at least three phone calls, text messages or emails.

Two surprise weekends away every year, one annual foreign holiday and two UK breaks will also keep the marriage strong.

But while the ideal couple will share two hobbies, the study also revealed it's important to keep some independence by having two separate nights out with friends a month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...y-suggests.html

drinkblink14.gif

I am always kissing Claudeth's butt, does that count :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
They should also say 'I love you' to each other at least once every day and have sex three times a week.

Is that all?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:o

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is that all?

I thought that too, this survey must have been conducted on a group of senior citizens!

Edited by Mina76

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am always kissing Claudeth's butt, does that count :P

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

while kisses and hugs is good, my way of accepting love is more in the form of quality time and acts of service. For Adam it would be the physical touch and words of affirmation.

I know we want children, but I dont see it happening anytime soon.

edited to add: we say I Love You alot each day but I dont find the physical 3 time a week thing realistic for me.

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hugging and cuddling is clearly a good bonding behaviour

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12