Moosker

Ok now I'm really frustrated.... HELP.

11 posts in this topic

Here's our background....my husband is in school and didn't file taxes being a full time student. His father claimed him on his taxes. His father is our co-sponsor or whatever it's called and makes well over $100,000 which is totally above poverty lines.

So, we sent in info stating why my husband didn't have to file, and proof from the irs.gov web site. My father in law's I-864A package we sent in 2005, 2006, 2007 tax returns and ALL information pertaining to it, also W-2's and last 3 months worth of pay stubs.

You'd think that'd be enough right?

Alright so we received an RFE for the I-864 package stating the following:

Support documents missing or incomplete:

(X) The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete (if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy) (Only Federal returns NOT state or local are acceptable.....)

*Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a letter 1722 issued by the IRS are missing/incomplete for the year(s): (x) 2007 ( ) 2006 ( ) 2005 ( ) 2004

(X) You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recents years (sorry but yes i did....two different proofs!)

Ok so any help here?!??!?

- I sent in W-2 from a part time job showing he made like $50 (b/c he started December 30th! lol) then I sent in TWO pdf proofs from Irs.gov web site proving that he made under a certain amount and did NOT have to file, also proving that he was a student and did NOT have to file.

- I sent in all of his school info proving he was attending school in 2007.

When we called an operator we just wanted to clarify that this info needed was for my husband, and it was, the guy was rude and said "For the petitioner maam!" Sorry but the document isn't that clear :blink:

I really don't know where to go from here! Just called AVR and it says "they need MORE FINANCIAL EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!"

Please help if you've been in this situation or may have additional info I could send in..... :angry:

(Also, my husband and father in law have the SAME exact names except for different middle names. Do you think they could be confusing both?)

Edited by Moosker

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Maybe they want an actual letter from IRS stating that he did not need to file. Contact IRS, they may be able to do it.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Here's our background....my husband is in school and didn't file taxes being a full time student. His father claimed him on his taxes. His father is our co-sponsor or whatever it's called and makes well over $100,000 which is totally above poverty lines.

So, we sent in info stating why my husband didn't have to file, and proof from the irs.gov web site. My father in law's I-864A package we sent in 2005, 2006, 2007 tax returns and ALL information pertaining to it, also W-2's and last 3 months worth of pay stubs.

(X) The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete (if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy) (Only Federal returns NOT state or local are acceptable.....)

*Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a letter 1722 issued by the IRS are missing/incomplete for the year(s): (x) 2007 ( ) 2006 ( ) 2005 ( ) 2004

(X) You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recents years (sorry but yes i did....two different proofs!)

- I sent in W-2 from a part time job showing he made like $50 (b/c he started December 30th! lol) then I sent in TWO pdf proofs from Irs.gov web site proving that he made under a certain amount and did NOT have to file, also proving that he was a student and did NOT have to file.

When we called an operator we just wanted to clarify that this info needed was for my husband, and it was, the guy was rude and said "For the petitioner maam!" Sorry but the document isn't that clear :blink:

I really don't know where to go from here! Just called AVR and it says "they need MORE FINANCIAL EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!"

Please help if you've been in this situation or may have additional info I could send in..... :angry:

(Also, my husband and father in law have the SAME exact names except for different middle names. Do you think they could be confusing both?)

I am guessing your husband is petitioner and he lives with his parents right since your FIL filed I-864A? Also, Did your husband send I-864 even though he didnt have enough income or filed for tax return?

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am guessing your husband is petitioner and he lives with his parents right since your FIL filed I-864A? Also, Did your husband send I-864 even though he didnt have enough income or filed for tax return?

I think you have a point. The petitioner has to file I-864 and sign it.

Yes my husband filed the I-864 and his father filed the I-864A. They both live in the same household and that's what the directions said to do! My husband didn't have to file for the past 4 years b/c he was in school and his father claimed him.

My father in law makes over the poverty line easily so it's not like I won't be "sponsored". I'm really at a loss as to what they want? I will try and contact the IRS to see if we can get 2007's proof of 'not having to file' information.

I'll keep trying to get through to NVC and talk to an operator....any other suggestions out there?

It seems like NVC either whips ya through the process or takes their sweet ole' time!!!

Ooooh Eeee! :blink:

Well, a little update here (and I think AVR messages should be changed to not cause furthur confusion) but I called NVC and spoke with an operator. I told her "we sent in our I-864 RFE package and today the AVR is telling me I have another RFE! Can you please clarify that for me so I can prepare for what documents are needed?"

And she says..."Oh that message is up there because we haven't had time to go through the papers yet. We just got the package yesterday! So that just means give it a few weeks...."

Gee whiz NVC...maybe they should put a message up there that says "we're in the process of going through your papers...please give us 6-8 weeks..." :P

Thanks everyone...I'll keep you all updated!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:D I was starting to wonder if someone at nVC is on drugs or something....

If you read the NVC Shortcut Guide, you'll see it says the AVR is "not reliable" beause it's not always updated. It's always better to verify with an operator if they got your package at what date.

I'm sure this resend wil be all clear. You're going to make it!

--------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Before my case was completed I would call the NVC all the time to get updates on the case. I hated the AVR, it takes forever to update, I never relied on it. I would talk to a live operated. Good luck with your case.

I-130 VSC

06-26-2008 - I-130 Sent

07-07-2008 - NOA1

07-11-2008 - Touched

12-17-2008 - Transferred to CSC

12-18-2008 - Touched

12-22-2008 - Touched

12-23-2008 - Touched

12-24-2008 - Touched

12-29-2008 - Touched

12-30-2008 - Touched

12-30-2008 - APPROVED NOA2

12-31-2008 - Touched

NVC Journey

01-05-2009 - NVC Received File and Case Number Assigned

01-07-2009 - DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated

01-07-2009 - DS-3032 Emailed

01-08-2009 - DS-3032 Mailed

01-10-2009 - IIN Number (received by mail, they would not give it over the phone)

01-10-2009 - AOS Fee Bill Paid Online

01-12-2009 - DS-3032 Accepted

01-12-2009 - IV Bill Paid Online

01-13-2009 - AOS Bill Shows "PAID"& Cover Sheet Printed

01-13-2009 - IV Bill Shows "PAID" & Cover Sheet Printed

01-13-2009 - AOS Package Sent to NVC

01-13-2009 - DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-14-2009 - NVC Received AOS Package and DS-230

01-16-2009 - Case Completed

Case completed in 11 days at NVC

Naples, Italy Consulate

02-10-2009 - Interview Scheduled for 03-18-2009

02-12-2009 - Forward the case to Embassy in Naples, Italy

03-17-2009 - Medical Exam in Naples

03-18-2009 - Interview - VISA APPROVED - VISA IN HAND

POE

03-26-2009 - POE - Boston. Easy and no hassle

03-27-2009 - Applied for SSN in person

04-08-2009 - SSN Arrived

04-23-2009 - Green Card Arrived

Thank you that's definitely good advice! And the AVR needs to have a little more of a broad announcement! Rather than "oh by the way we need more financial info" which means we haven't looked at your packet yet :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Moosker.....

I completly understand, we got a ref on our AOS package too.....But then we got a case complete without sending anything........ha ha....

Don't rely on the AVR....always talk to an operator.....I am sure you will be good

Wish u Luck

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,.. i got the same situation before, they told me to resend the whole I-864 again..and I did,..

what i did is, I put stickies on every page saying that this letter is to verify that I was not required to send INCOME TAX RETURN For the year...

and make sure you make an outline on the beginning of the page, they like it organized..

ours was sent back because we miscalculated on the whole average household income..make sure those are right..

with those proof, along with it make sure u send a copy of his student-any records,.. his co-sponsor (dad's) naturalization certificate/or passport copy..

I hope you get the next documents ready that the nvc will ask,,. after the I-864 they will ask to send your

BIRTH CERTIFICATE, POLICE CLEARANCE, MARRIAGE CONTRACT, 3 2X2 Pics,...we didn't know this is the next step that is why our case took long.. better to b earlier.. :)

good luck

quote name='Moosker' date='Feb 19 2009, 02:39 PM' post='2666277']

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.