buttahgurl

employment history on g-325a

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if USCIS contacts your previous employers listed on form g-325a and is it ok not to include any work done illegally? Will they also request any documents from past employers?

You should always answer the questions truthfully and do not leave gaps in dates. - I seriously doubt they call previous employers. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Isn't unauthorized work considered forgivable due to marriage to a USC?

I'd be honest and say where worked. If you've paid taxes on those jobs or filed, they can check.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Yeah I have heard that as well. Can someone confirm that if you have been in illegal employment it can be forgiven once you are married to a USC?

i'd just be honest about it. I worked illedgally for a while after my OPT lapsed and they asked nothing about it at the interview. i think the least reason you give them to uncover stuff, the better it turns out of you.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

What do you mean work done illegaly?

you provided a fake employment card? SSN?

Or were you working under the table not paying taxes using your own identity?

Putting some related links so that you can review and make up your own mind....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336810

http://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards...AOSand245i.html

I would like to adjust my status, but I have worked without authorization from the USCIS. Am I eligible to adjust my status?

You are not eligible to adjust your status if you have been employed in the United States without authorization from the USCIS, unless you are eligible under Section 245(i). This rule does not apply to you if you are the immediate relative of a U.S. citizen (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years old). It also does not apply to certain foreign medical graduates, international organization employees and their family members.

http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27433

read all posts...guy was approved and he was in worst shape than you're :whistle:

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
What do you mean work done illegaly?

you provided a fake employment card? SSN?

Or were you working under the table not paying taxes using your own identity?

Putting some related links so that you can review and make up your own mind....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336810

http://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards...AOSand245i.html

I would like to adjust my status, but I have worked without authorization from the USCIS. Am I eligible to adjust my status?

You are not eligible to adjust your status if you have been employed in the United States without authorization from the USCIS, unless you are eligible under Section 245(i). This rule does not apply to you if you are the immediate relative of a U.S. citizen (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years old). It also does not apply to certain foreign medical graduates, international organization employees and their family members.

http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27433

read all posts...guy was approved and he was in worst shape than you're :whistle:

Marriage to a US citizen usually forgives any illegal employment prior to filing the AOS. However, few exceptions that might hurt you if you provided a fake or used somebody else' SSN or claimed to be a US citizen on the I-9 form.

6/9/08 - Overnighted I-130/485/765 to Chicago

6/10/08 - Documents signed for by Chiba

6/12/08 - Checks posted

6/16/08 - NOAs for I-130/485/765

6/19/08 - Checks cashed

6/20/08 - Received NOAs for (I-130/485)

6/21/08 - Case status online

6/30/08 - Biometric Notice received (notice date 6/26)

7/16/08 - Biometric appt

7/25/08 - Received RFE for I864

9/08/08 - Received EAD

01/25/09 - Received notice for interview on 02/20/2009

02/20/09 - AOS approved at the Omaha field office

03/04/09 - Received conditional green card

-N400-

10/31/09 - Sent N-400 forms to Nebraska Service Center

11/09/09 - Received NOA

12/10/09 - Interview letter

12/29/09 - Interview at Omaha Field Office

12/29/09 - Interview approved/Ceremony

No more USCIS

• 1 year later...

I'm bringing this topic back from the dead...

So what if the situation is that the USC, not the beneficiary, worked under the table? Because if this is listed on the G-325A but doesn't show up on the tax returns from the petitioner, wouldn't this cause a problem? Or vice versa (if the petitioner didn't list the under-the-table work on the G-325A but then amended a tax return to pay those taxes from that job)?

Oh, what a tangled web...

Married: March 16, 2010
Sent I-130: March 31, 2010
NOA1: April 21, 2010
Check cashed: April 22, 2010
Touched: April 23, 2010
NOA2: October 2, 2010
DONE with USCIS

NVC Received: October 27, 2010
Received DS-3032/I-864 bill: October 30, 2010
Paid I-864 bill: November 3, 2010
I-864 bill shows as PAID: November 5, 2010
Receive I-864 package: ????
Return completed I-864: ????
Return completed DS-3032 (email): November 4, 2010
Return completed DS-3032 (mail mail): November 24, 2010
Receive IV bill: ????
Pay IV bill: ????

ENTERED US: August 17, 2011

Removal of Conditions

Mail package to California Service Center: ????

Receive NOA: ????

Biometrics appointment: ????

Conditions removed: ????

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm bringing this topic back from the dead...

So what if the situation is that the USC, not the beneficiary, worked under the table? Because if this is listed on the G-325A but doesn't show up on the tax returns from the petitioner, wouldn't this cause a problem? Or vice versa (if the petitioner didn't list the under-the-table work on the G-325A but then amended a tax return to pay those taxes from that job)?

Oh, what a tangled web...

Amend your tax returns, pay your back taxes (with interest and penalties), and be 100% honest on your G-325A.

Web untangled! :thumbs:

Or, are we talking about water that's already gone under the bridge... :unsure:

If that's the case, get the taxes straightened out anyway because that can come back to bite you. For the petitioner to list or not list a job on a G-325A does not rise to the level of fraud because it's immaterial to the approval of the petition. At worst, it might have to be explained. At best, it won't even be noticed.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Amend your tax returns, pay your back taxes (with interest and penalties), and be 100% honest on your G-325A.

Web untangled! :thumbs:

Or, are we talking about water that's already gone under the bridge... :unsure:

If that's the case, get the taxes straightened out anyway because that can come back to bite you. For the petitioner to list or not list a job on a G-325A does not rise to the level of fraud because it's immaterial to the approval of the petition. At worst, it might have to be explained. At best, it won't even be noticed.

Ok so if you just list that you were unemployed and had no income for that time, and therefore have no tax returns, do they ask more in depth questions, or will they just see that you have current employment that can support your fiance and go from there? As there are no co-sponsor forms like the I-864A that I have found for an I-134 which is said "may be" asked for in the fiance's K1 interview abroad, I would assume trying to have a separate I-134 for someone like my mother who can show three years of tax returns would be a good idea.? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

As people mention and link here - if you get married to a USC your unauthorized work with taxes paid (there's a good model citizen!!) will be forgiven unless you represented yourself wrong when taking it up.

My attorney told me that it's actually not that bad if you work for even several years prior an AOS without a permit, as that will not bring up too many questions how you survived that time without employment and I quote: "so there's no question of you got your income legally, not by selling drugs or being a pimp" ;)

And yes I repeat it - just be honest on all the forms, it may raise an eyebrow or slap you on the fingers for being bad, but it will not hurt as much as keeping it a secret and they find out in their deccission making process.

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.