• yes
  2. 2. 26-35

• yes
  3. 3. 36-40+

• yes

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Alrighty, I am 23 and Ahmad is 22. Ahmad had told his mother and sisters about me and my children before I ever went to Jordan the first time so when they saw me I suppose they were more than surprised. MIL said you have two kids, how old are you? As if it was shocking that I could even be thinking about children yet.

For the note on wrinkles I already have smile creases and a few crows feet, and I am happy I do because it means I am a happy person.

and for the subject of a starter wife, I don’t wish him to have had one but the experience would have been nice. This way “we can grow as a couple”. I on the other hand am happy I had a starter husband. I needed to know EXACTLY what I didn’t want.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My Moroccan hubby is 22 (23 in June) and I'm 18

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I got my first gray a hair a week before my 28th B-day. :( It was a bummer if you can imagine.

Pull it out! Get some hair dye! Call 911! <Lucy from Peanuts running around> lol. Seriously though, it might just be a stray and you won't see another one for years to come. :-) I have blonde hair and once I found a totally black hair on my head. WEIRD. I pulled it out and never saw it again. :blink:

you too???

Every 6 months or so i look down and see that very very dark reddish brown hair that completely sticks out and is wirey and very hard.

I think that is my version of a gray...thank god i dont see many of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When he got here (Dec. 2006), he was 27 and I was 38. I think he did a great job of adjusting. Trust me, it wasn't always easy, but then again he had SO much to adjust to! Not just being here, but my three (wonderful, but challenging) children, and an ex who's goal seems to be to make us miserable (we won't let him though). Also, I'm still dealing with the ex legally (my high priced lawyer screwed up on the PSA), and we're still trying to settle some things, AND the ex is trying for full custody.

In Morocco, he often helped his family, so I wasn't surprised that he started helping out as soon as he got here. It was kind of funny - the first time I went over there, he acted like a 'typical' guy - we'd go downstairs, eat, and then he'd have us leave. He didn't do anything. The second time I went, I insisted on helping to carry things to the kitchen when we were done, at least. Over time, we helped more and more. I found out that he wanted to just visit with me at first, and that's why he didn't help out. I wondered if it was a line, even when he first got here - I thought maybe he was trying to impress me. But he's been here quite a while, and probably does more housework than I do most of the time.

I often forget about our age difference. First of all, many people think I'm younger than he is. Second of all, we just 'click' - I don't notice a difference in our attitudes and stuff. Like some people mentioned in other posts, we also don't party or anything. We're very happy to hang out around the house together.

Oh, a funny little story. When I was going over for the second visit, my dad got upset (I guess he figured the first time was just an excuse to see a new country or whatever) and said "he's 26, what are you going to do? change his diaper or something?" The way my dad is, I knew it wasn't a good idea to say "he's actually 27", and "or something" haha

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am 20 turning 21 in June and he is 25 turning 26 in June too :D ... I do look 17 though lol It's nice to look young :blush:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

I am 20 turning 21 in June and he is 25 turning 26 in June too :D ... I do look 17 though lol It's nice to look young :blush:

My husband is Algerian he is 35, Im 44. If okay, I would like to join MENA group, my husband is Muslim, and well Im not, but i want to learn, and be a good wife for him. Where do I start? Any help would be welcomed.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband is Algerian he is 35, Im 44. If okay, I would like to join MENA group, my husband is Muslim, and well Im not, but i want to learn, and be a good wife for him. Where do I start? Any help would be welcomed.

Hey Paris, nice to see you :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hey Lisa, Im so happy all went well at interview. I bet that is the best night sleep you have had in over a year after hearing the great news from Y. Congrats again Sweetie, I truly wish you and Y the very best in life.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I honestly think temperament is the key to some of these age gap relationships. Both of us are on the shy, quiet, serious side - in Nepal we enjoyed going to a dohori club sometimes but otherwise neither of us is the party type plus neither of us smokes or drinks. If he were what some people think is they typical '20something guy' who likes to bar-hop and party well then it wouldn't work out - we would rather go someplace peaceful and natural or stay home and watch the Discovery Channel. :thumbs:

Me and P all the way :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Did anyone get an actual poll for this question that might be more accurate?

Anyway, Adil is 34. I am 24.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Lisa, Im so happy all went well at interview. I bet that is the best night sleep you have had in over a year after hearing the great news from Y. Congrats again Sweetie, I truly wish you and Y the very best in life.

Yeah, nice to see you here, Paris - I am a total outsider but feel welcome here :D Yes I can relate, once Govi passed his interview I think all my developing worry lines disappeared instantly. :lol: I miss all the CR-1 September gang. :(

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Yeah, nice to see you here, Paris - I am a total outsider but feel welcome here :D Yes I can relate, once Govi passed his interview I think all my developing worry lines disappeared instantly. :lol: I miss all the CR-1 September gang. :(

Hi Pattu, nice to see you also, Is govi coming soon?? See it all turned out fine. Yes, I miss the gang too, I was a Jan. filer, but gosh I loved you guys, you all made it bareable till I withdrew in June, as you know what happend. But all is well now.

Congrats again Pattu, take care. Please keep in touch. Oh P.S. I had rejervederm done, I look 10 years younger. :thumbs: I love it. so no more worry lines at least for a year. HUGS!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No, I screwed it up and gave up trying to fix it. heh

Would be nice to see the results.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.