♥Stiggy♥

How much do you pay per month in Medical insurance premiums? (for a family)

How much do you pay per month in Medical insurance premiums?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Nothing

• Between $1-$200/month
    • Between $200-$400/month
    • Between $400-$600/month
    • More than $600 a month

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
How does everyone know how much their employers are paying towards their premiums? I'm not sure I have access to that info.

Our HR has a webpage that tells us that. It's our "total compensation". Pay + all employer contribution + 401k match.....

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is 1400 a month to Kaiser for a family. Other plans are much more expensive. The employer contributes nothing. However, it is taken out before taxes

Ours is about $120/month for two people - medical/dental/vision combined. No deductible but $15-$25 copays for the medical through BCBS (PPO).

Your plan sounds awesome for a PPO

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
How does everyone know how much their employers are paying towards their premiums? I'm not sure I have access to that info.

Our HR has a webpage that tells us that. It's our "total compensation". Pay + all employer contribution + 401k match.....

I see. We don't have that AFAIK.

Your plan sounds awesome for a PPO

Yeah, no complaints here. I work for GE - not sure if the % contribution is the same for all GE employees.

I pay nothing...I'm a service connected vet...first gulf war so all my medical is free and my wife is on medicare/caid through the Department of Health and Welfare...got to love the free medical...thanks to all the tax payers for that!!!!!!!

Edited by rmncm

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

BTW I'm kidding about my wife...I dont beleive in paying for insurance so I pay for all her medical related expenses out right. I cant see paying premiums to insurance companies so they can get richer and cut our coverage every time you use the policy. F them

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

I watched Michael Moores Sicko last weekend and to be honest it really scared me. I just realised how lucky we are in the UK to have the NHS which I use as a fall back as I also have private health care which costs me $110 a month and dont have to pay for anything when I have treatment. I will be going on my future husbands health care at work when I get to the states, but will have to sort out something between arriving and getting married.

Filed: Timeline

Small employers, with few employees, pay set rates. You can check the insurance companies' websites for quoted prices. The larger the pool, and the healthier the pool, the lower the rates the employer pays. You can also get a quote for individual plans for similar coverage, and that should give you an idea. Most employer plans are more comprehensive than individual plans, because of federal, state, and local regulations.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Small employers, with few employees, pay set rates. You can check the insurance companies' websites for quoted prices. The larger the pool, and the healthier the pool, the lower the rates the employer pays. You can also get a quote for individual plans for similar coverage, and that should give you an idea. Most employer plans are more comprehensive than individual plans, because of federal, state, and local regulations.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that an individual plan rate would not be a good comparison for the group rate they're paying for me. My company is huge.

In fact, I'd bet my company takes on a good amount of the risk itself without passing it on to the insurer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He pays about $100 a month for three of us - $350 deductible each before any coverage which is then 80% covered. He says his employer pays $9,000 a year.

Hubby was hospitalized for 3 days for a mini stroke. Here are the costs so far. We haven't received any bills yet for what we have to pay out of pocket:

Hospital (including tests, MRI, catscans, EKG, physical therapy) - $21, 187.19

Ambulance (2 rides) - $1050.50

1 Doctor's visit - $113

He figures he saw at least 6 doctors including 2 neurologists so we haven't seen their bills yet via the Blue Cross statement.

I think the county pays about 90% of the premiums for us.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We pay 77 Dollars for a family of four for three months. It's Humana Military (Tricare).

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

$252 a month for hubby and me.

Thats health and dental insurance.

$250 deductable per person, then 90-10 after that.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1