saran

investigation

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we went to islamabad for our interview.our case was F4(sisters and brothers of US citizens).we were told by the officer that they require 4 to 6 months of processing time before issuing visa.

my question is do they investigate about the people immigrating?or do they verify if the real people are going or not?

i have heard they investigate about the people wether they have a connection with terrorists or something.is it true?

is there any sort of investigation??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
we went to islamabad for our interview.our case was F4(sisters and brothers of US citizens).we were told by the officer that they require 4 to 6 months of processing time before issuing visa.

my question is do they investigate about the people immigrating?or do they verify if the real people are going or not?

i have heard they investigate about the people wether they have a connection with terrorists or something.is it true?

is there any sort of investigation??

additional background review is very common in certain consulates

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, they do investigate. They run security checks and may ask you for additional evidence if they have questions. Every intending immigrant undergoes security checks both abroad and in the US. Were you asked to provide Police Reports proving you have no criminal records?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

yes,we provided police certificates and since i had never been involved in any criminal act.so,it said 'nothing adverse against this person'.

but they have already assured us visas without investigating.do we still have to go through security checks?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All applicants have to have security checks run on them and if you are Pakistani and male your case is looked at more closely. They run a gammat of checks from fingerprints to name checks. They do run the name through data bases with known terrorist names and they also see if you have given to charities that are fronts for terrorist organizations.

Do not look for your visas to be expedited and do not make any travel plans until you have the visa's in hand.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

what if there is a mistake made by the petitioner in filling out ds-230 about the educational institution?

i mean i study in a university that is not located in my home town.

but they filled the space with a N/A and the police certificates are valid for time of birth till january 2009 but in my home town.wedidnt provide them with the police certifiate of the area where i live in a hostel.

but i keep returning to home every weak.was i supposed to provide police certificate of the area where i have been living.i am in the third year of the degree(i stayed outside my home country for more than 6 months).keep in mind i get back to home on every friday.

Timeline

what if there is a mistake made by the petitioner in filling out ds-230 about the educational institution?

i mean i study in a university that is not located in my home town.

but they filled the space with a N/A and the police certificates are valid for time of birth till january 2009 but in my home town.wedidnt provide them with the police certifiate of the area where i live in a hostel.

but i keep returning to home every weak.was i supposed to provide police certificate of the area where i have been living.i am in the third year of the degree(i stayed outside my home country for more than 6 months).keep in mind i get back to home on every friday.

Timeline

I do not know how the mistake will be taken if they find it during their investigation. They may overlook it or they will have you address the issue. All you can do is reply to them if they ask you to return for another interview or submit any missing or incomplete information.

Believe me they check everything when you are going to immigrate.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

I would not submit anything else to them at this time. Only if they ask for it later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
so,do u think we should submit my plice certificate for the period i have spend in the hostel outside my home town.inspite the fact they assured us visas?

You shouldn't need to; police certs are usually valid for a whole country, not just a town.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Each country is different and Pakistan is divided into providence's and cities. Pakistan is not for a whole country specific and requires more than one certificate if you lived in different areas.

so,do u think we should submit my plice certificate for the period i have spend in the hostel outside my home town.inspite the fact they assured us visas?

You shouldn't need to; police certs are usually valid for a whole country, not just a town.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.