• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
gatoula_tou I think that would be fine to fill in for that section of the I-134. Especially if you are having a co-sponsor.

Derek I am with you on not caring what people think, but at the same time I am not going to walk into a hornets nest either. Plus I don't know Paris just doesn't hold any interest for me. Thats why I really like the Paris hotel in Vegas. It's a compromise that we can both live with. She gets to kind of experience Paris minus the French people. Plus their Eifel Tower is half the size of the original. Not too shabby if you ask me. I get to be in Vegas again. WooHoo.

Roman my man. Has going to bed each day gotten just a little bit more difficult as the interview grows closer? I have a feeling my heart is going to start racing once the interview is scheduled for us. By the day before the interview I won't be able to sleep. I hope that isn't the case for you.

Lee you are right (kind of). I am extremely excited, but on the other hand I am trying to finish up most of my work (before I take 2 weeks vacation) when Marina gets here. Plus shopping for our new place is a B*TCH and tiring. So when I get home, I am sooooo tired that I pass out aroud 9 or 10 pm.

P.S. Money spent on furniture so far $7600. NOT CHEAP AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon me for jumping in here on your conversation :blush: and I think it is WONDERFUL that you are buying all this stuff to make you love feel comfortable, but I was just wondering why you made the decision to buy it now, and not wait till she gets here so she can pick it out and really feel like it's her home. I'm just curious why you made that decision and not trying to tell you that you did anything wrong (again, I think it's GREAT!!). I'm trying to figure things out for myself as well...do I want to buy before he gets here or after?

I think that's an interesting question. I keep thinking: I need to get a new dresser, new bed, etc. And then I remember each time to wait until he can help me carry and set up that stuff. It's kind of frustrating b/c I do want to get some things out of the way, but I don't know what!

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
congrats Liz on the interview date...ur process went by pretty fast! :)

hey guys i hav a question...wat do i send my fiance now...?

You'll need to check with the Embassy for the finer points, but the main thing is the I-134 as well as evidence of an on-going relationship. A letter from your employer and at least last years w-2 and or tax records. To be safe I am sending last years tax transcripts and my last three years w-2's. I also got a letter from my bank that shows when I opened the account, how much was deposited in the past year and my current balance. I tried to overdo it as much as I could. I'd rather she have too much than not enough.

Lee.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
i actually just started working ... so i will be needing my father to sponsor... how does that work? would i be filling out two I-134s?

My Mom is our co-sponsor for the affidavit too. You'll need to fill out your own I134 and then your Father to fill out a full one as well, stating his income bank accounts etc. My Mom has her own business so it might be a little different, but from what I've read and been told she only needs to give copies of last years tax transcripts and then fill out the I-134.

Hope that helps! :thumbs:

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On a serious note:

Richard-Joanna, being the self appointed moderator and dictator of the February VSC thread, Today, July 10th in the year of our Lord of 2009, hereby decrees and declares ALL off topic communications banned (barred, prohibited, outlawed). Instead ALL posts shall be directly or indirectly related to the K1/K2 process. These topics can and should be directed towards: Approvals, Interview dates, Forms needed, costs involved etc.

This ban instituted today at precisely 8:38 AM Eastern time shall have a duration of a WHOLE 60 Seconds and will expire at precisely 8:39 AM Eastern time.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Okay :rofl: Okay :rofl: Stop! :rofl: I think I almost wet myself! :rofl:

Question mark trial #2..

Would this be much to write in section 11 of the I-134 of the affidavit of support?

"I INTEND TO DEVOTE MY LIFE TO PERSON NAMED IN ITEM 3. TO LOVE AND CHERISH AND YES, FURNISH

WITH ROOM, BOARD AND LOTS OF LOVE FOR HIS ENTIRE LIFE."

The numerical portions of this aren't as important as my Mom is doing a co-sponsorship for us, and makes well above to support him as her dependent.

It's cute and sappy.

Roman my man. Has going to bed each day gotten just a little bit more difficult as the interview grows closer? I have a feeling my heart is going to start racing once the interview is scheduled for us. By the day before the interview I won't be able to sleep. I hope that isn't the case for you.

You all know I was cool as a cucumber on the interview date. :whistle: yeah right...I was a nervous wreck watching the clock and planning out Plan B through Z. I was just about to think about plan AA when he called. WHEW!!! I'm sure Marina will do just fine.

gatoula_tou I think that would be fine to fill in for that section of the I-134. Especially if you are having a co-sponsor.

Derek I am with you on not caring what people think, but at the same time I am not going to walk into a hornets nest either. Plus I don't know Paris just doesn't hold any interest for me. Thats why I really like the Paris hotel in Vegas. It's a compromise that we can both live with. She gets to kind of experience Paris minus the French people. Plus their Eifel Tower is half the size of the original. Not too shabby if you ask me. I get to be in Vegas again. WooHoo.

Lee you are right (kind of). I am extremely excited, but on the other hand I am trying to finish up most of my work (before I take 2 weeks vacation) when Marina gets here. Plus shopping for our new place is a B*TCH and tiring. So when I get home, I am sooooo tired that I pass out aroud 9 or 10 pm.

P.S. Money spent on furniture so far $7600. NOT CHEAP AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman, I feel your pain... I think I spent 12,000 just on the bedroom set... which is one of the reasons for shopping for a tablesaw... I am a very good cabinet/furniture maker... and plan on making the rest myself... We have a rather large and EMPTY home :)

Paris isn't that bad.... Been there a few times and the people really were quite nice... but if it makes you uncomfortable or have no desire.. then why bother... especially when you have Vegas :)

Why couldn't I have met both of you earlier...like say 5 years ago. How thoughtful and sweet. I spent $4000 on my bedroom set...and its not even the complete set. Richard I need you in my life...I want some woodworking done...my kids need some real dressers...they plow through the stuff in the stores. I want hardwood floors...but I'm afraid of the damage from my boys. I'm about ready to buy them both new bedroom sets again because they keep breaking everything with the WWF moves....spiderman jumps...and Superman feats. Why didn't the Lord bless me with little girls? My thanks still for my knuckleheads.

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK WE SHOULD ALL MEET IN VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

VEEEEEEEEGGGAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS BABY and MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTOOOOOSS! after we all hunky punky for a while first!

congrats Liz on the interview date...ur process went by pretty fast! :)

hey guys i hav a question...wat do i send my fiance now...?

It varies which each Embassy. I had to send off the DS-230 Part 1 to the Embassy for them to schedule the interview...then I mailed him a completed file of the following forms: DS-156, DS-156k, DS-157, DS-230 Part 1 and Part 2, I-134. Each of these forms had to be in duplicate. I sent all evidence of our ongoing relationship (dates after we filed the original I-129f petition), copies of last 3 years of tax returns, last two w-2s, updated letter of Intent to Marry (since I would not be at the interview), letter from employer that I was currently gainfully employed, my job title and current salary, letter from employer showing my estimated compensation for 2009-2010, paycheck stubs for 6 months, etc.

I have never sent a copy of my bank records (my ex-husband's petition or my current petition) because I have always been well over the poverty guidelines. This time I had to qualify for a household size of 7 (Me, my fiance, 4 kids, and my ex-husband).

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Aww IgorK.. Actually stranger things have happened than not getting the approval on a regular weekday. People have received on Saturdays and I even got mine on a Monday!

Head up because after this wait you won't have to be apart from your honey every again. This waiting will make you appreciate your SO that much more when this is all over!

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi would you and the boys like to come up to Marietta for a Caribbean BBQ this weekend?

Hey Richard! We would love to come. Of course, my sister will have to bring us because the doctor still hasn't released me to drive yet.

Nothing this week :(

Awww IgorK...it's coming. Chin up darlin.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Jawi would you and the boys like to come up to Marietta for a Caribbean BBQ this weekend?

Hey Richard! We would love to come. Of course, my sister will have to bring us because the doctor still hasn't released me to drive yet.

Nothing this week :(

Awww IgorK...it's coming. Chin up darlin.

Silly can come also... What day would you like to BBQ? Any special requests? I was thinking Jerk Chicken, Black Beans and Rice, some sort of topical salsa... stuff like that.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just called NVC and they said that our application was under review. Does anyone know if that is the same as AP? Although the lady was very nice she said to call back at the end of next week so I wasn't sure.

Lee.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I just called NVC and they said that our application was under review. Does anyone know if that is the same as AP? Although the lady was very nice she said to call back at the end of next week so I wasn't sure.

Honestly, I don't know, but I sure hope not for your sake...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

if they didnt say it was AP, i would assume "under review" just means they didnt get to it yet.

K1

Vermont Service Center / London Embassy

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-26

on 2009-9-30, dos was finally able to tell us that london processed our packet 3 forms

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-10-22

Medical Date : 2009-10-23

Interview Result : Approved! (received visa 13 days after interview because medical results were pending)

Ellie arrives at POE JFK (NY) : 2009-12-05

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.