rocks

february 2009 aos filers

730 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
If you got the Welcome Letter at the old address, then your GC has gone to the old address too.

USPS does not forward the official letters !....... They just return it back to them as "UNDELIVERABLE".

If I were you I would call the NBC in Missouri first to see my GC has been returned or not & then fill out I-90 & mail.

GOOD LUCK !....

Please update us, thank you...

Ok, so now I'm a bit concerned....on top of my previous dilemma about not receiving my green card yet because I moved. USCIS sent a message to my email saying that the last action taken on my account was back at the end of April when they sent my EAD. So here's why I'm confused.... it seems that my case is going backwards. Which is completely crazy seeing as though I've already had an interview, been approved and gotten an I-551 stamp since getting the EAD. Maybe there is hope after all that there has just been a screw up and I still will get my GC without having to pay anything additional.

What do you guys think?

I think it sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!!! :unsure:

I'd call them and hit them up about it and play dumb by saying that the last action you had was the welcome letter and you're now waiting for your GC which you thought would have been sent by now, get them on the back foot :devil: . Chances are they probably haven't even sent it and may not want to admit a muckup. :star:

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had our interview this afternoon at Mount Laurel, NJ. The officer was so serious & business mind. I can't say She is a friendly one. We haven't approved yet, the officer has asked my "Extract of Family Certificate", which I don't have. All the other documents I have produced, no problem. She even asked me If I had my I-130 Approval Letter with me. She did not have any copy of it !..... I gave the original copy & she photocopied it. She has looked at my wife's US Passport, her NJ License, my Passport, our Marriage Certificate (Both Civil & Church), our Joint Bank Account Statement, Our Health Insurance, the contract of Marriage Reception Salon & Pre-Cana Certificate etc.. I have offered her to see our Tax Return but she said She has seen it already.

She has taken my two I-90's back. She did not ask about EAD & She has written on my passport "245 INA Pending at MTL" with the red pen with the date stamped on it.

I think She is going to RFE me that "Extract of Family Certificate" along with the letter,

I guess I will be approved later on. Let's wait & see.

Now I can see my case on-line though & it says "PENDING".

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

We had our interview this afternoon at Mount Laurel, NJ. The officer was so serious & business mind. I can't say She is a friendly one. We haven't approved yet, the officer has asked my "Extract of Family Certificate", which I don't have. All the other documents I have produced, no problem. She even asked me If I had my I-130 Approval Letter with me. She did not have any copy of it !..... I gave the original copy & she photocopied it. She has looked at my wife's US Passport, her NJ License, my Passport, our Marriage Certificate (Both Civil & Church), our Joint Bank Account Statement, Our Health Insurance, the contract of Marriage Reception Salon & Pre-Cana Certificate etc.. I have offered her to see our Tax Return but she said She has seen it already.

She has taken my two I-90's back. She did not ask about EAD & She has written on my passport "245 INA Pending at MTL" with the red pen with the date stamped on it.

I think She is going to RFE me that "Extract of Family Certificate" along with the letter,

Fingers crossed Cino !!!

What questions did the IO ask you ? Our interview is this Friday and as you may guess, we are pretty nervous :wacko:

ROC

• 07-12-2011 I-751 package set
  • 07-18-2011 1year extension received
  • 07-26-2011 Biometrics appointment letter received
  • 08-10-2011 Biometrics appointment
  • 01-05-2012 GC Approval

You don't have to be nervous, just be yourself, act normal & answer the questions briefly.

She basically asked following :

How & When did we meet ? ( To both of us )

Why did I do separate filing for I-130 & I485 ? ( To me )

Did you know that he was out of status when you have met your husband ? ( To my wife )

She asked all of the questions on Page 3 of 485 Application Form. ( To me )

When did I enter the country ? ( To me )

Do I have an extract of my birth certificate ? ( To me )

She asked to see the passport. ( To me )

She asked to see the document that my spouse is an American Citizen. ( To my wife )

That is it. She hasn't asked so many questions actually. She has spent most of her time by taking notes.

GOOD LUCK !.... on your interview. Just take it easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will get great news soon Cino. All the best!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

congrats all who got their cards and all who are waiting.. just came by to check the timing of green card receipt after interview.

--------------------

AOS from H1B

--------------------

03.09.09 I-130 Filed

03.10.09 Receipt Date @ California Service Center

03.17.09 NOA date for I-130

05.01.09 I-130 Approved & Sent for review !

AOS I-485 Data section:

04.06.09 I- 485 Filed

04.07.09 Receipt Date @ National Benefits Center (MSC- Missouri)

04.13.09 I-485 NOA

04.18.09 I-485 Biometrics Notice Received

04.29.09 Biometrics Appointment for AOS & EAD

06.10.09 Letter for INITIAL Interview

07.27.09 I-485 INITIAL Interview APPROVED

07.27.09 Cris Email: Card Production ordered

07.31.09 Received Welcome Notice of PR status by U.S. Mail

08.04.09 Cris Email: I-485 Approval Notice mailed

08.10.09 Green Card RECEIVED

EAD I-765 Data section:

04.07.09 EAD Receipt

04.13.09 EAD NOA @ National Benefits Center (MSC- Missouri)

05.13.09 EAD Card Production Ordered

05.21.09 EAD Received by US Mail

blk-event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hello Everyone, ive been so stressed out that i decided to just write down a small summary of my case and maybe someone here can give me some hope or advice, ok so my moms priority date became current in january of this year, she had a i130 approved petition from her brother to her since 1997, ok so it became current and she applied for adjustment with me attached to it because im her son under 21, so we applied feb 06 2009, thats when they received it, they sent us biometrics and notice of actions for both our i485 and i765's that we both applied for, in march 17 we received an RFE that required her brother to supply more eveidence of income for the i864, but he works self employed and we had no more evidence, so we decided to get a co sponsor who makes plenty of money that would make that person eligible. Ok so we send back the RFE, they received it on MAY 06 2009 and it shows up online on both our i485 case numbers, it says that they received the RFE reply and within 60 days they would send us some type of decision on the RFE, so now its august 5 2009 and we still have nothing, no change at all in the Case status and our i765's never showed up online and still dont. I am so worried that they did not accept the RFE or something, is there a chance of them doing that? like waiting so long to just tell us that the RFE was no good enough? me and my mom both really want our EAD's im just so scared of them not accepting the new co sponsor and then we will have to go through this whole process all over again with RFE. anyone please just give me some info or expierence with this, thank you once again

Edited by mickey112087

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We had our interview today, It went smoothly -- quick and fast, easy questions. I just got the notice that the card was ordered. Hopefully it will be delivered in two weeks as promised, as we are moving in three weeks and I'd hate to have that lost card problem!

CONGRATULATIONS !...

DO NOT MOVE ANYWHERE BEFORE YOU GET YOUR GC IN YOUR HAND. OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE LOTS OF TIME & MONEY ($370) PLUS HASSLES. I'M JUST WARNING YOU. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR LIFE !......

Hi all !

We were approved today !!! :dance::dance::dance:

It was probably the one fastest interviews ever :) The IO just verified our address and asked us for our utility bills and that was it ... she took my wife's I-94 but left her the EID. Then she gave us the approval letter and said that we should be expecting the green card in the mail in the next 90 days. In and out in less than 10mins :)

The case status still does not show online though, so i cannot really tell if the card was ordered or not.

ROC

• 07-12-2011 I-751 package set
  • 07-18-2011 1year extension received
  • 07-26-2011 Biometrics appointment letter received
  • 08-10-2011 Biometrics appointment
  • 01-05-2012 GC Approval

CONGRATULATIONS !......

You will see your case on-line very soon, first Welcome Letter & then GC in about 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
We had our interview today, It went smoothly -- quick and fast, easy questions. I just got the notice that the card was ordered. Hopefully it will be delivered in two weeks as promised, as we are moving in three weeks and I'd hate to have that lost card problem!

Congrats!

Hi all !

We were approved today !!! :dance::dance::dance:

It was probably the one fastest interviews ever :) The IO just verified our address and asked us for our utility bills and that was it ... she took my wife's I-94 but left her the EID. Then she gave us the approval letter and said that we should be expecting the green card in the mail in the next 90 days. In and out in less than 10mins :)

The case status still does not show online though, so i cannot really tell if the card was ordered or not.

Congrats on your successful interview! :dance::thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Cino

Just got and email dated August 13th saying that my GC production has been ordered. I'm probably the last person on here waiting but could you update the spreadsheet anyway please.

Cheers

Kim :dance:

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

YAY :dance::dance::dance: I just want to share the good news with you, today I've received email from CRIS saying:

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On Aug 14, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

We are really happy :dance::dance: and can't wait till we receive card in the mail.

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!

.png

AOS Timeline

01/05/09 - Married

02/12/09 - Submitted AOS/AP/EAD package

02/13/09 - Package received (@10:07 signed by CHYBA)

02/19/09 - Check cashed

02/23/09 - NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

02/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received

03/02/09 - RFE letter received in the mail

03/09/09 - RFE sent to Lee's Summit

03/12/09 - Case resumed (Thanks GOD)

03/13/09 - Biometrics for AOS/EAD / Case viewable online (YAY)

06/18/09 - EAD card production order

06/18/09 - AP approval notice sent

06/25/09 - AP arrived in mail

06/27/09 - EAD arrived in mail

07/16/09 - Case transfered to CSC

08/14/09 - GC card production order

08/22/09 - GC arrived in mail

40b6519125.png

CONGRATULATIONS !...

It is updated on our spreadsheet.

FEBRUARY 2009 AOS / VJ FILERS PROGRESSIVE REPORT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.