SterlingGirl

Would you advise doing this?

18 posts in this topic

Okay, so basically the civil surgeon in my area (the ONE civil surgeon I could get to reasonably) was booked absolutely solid for months before we could get an appointment. Long story short, I'm not sure the medical stuff will be ready in time for us to file.

Would it be wise to just send everything we've got now, and then send the rest of it when it's done? Or, wait for an RFE and send it then? I'm not worried about the case being held up too terribly long, I just don't want him to accrue any out-of-status time.

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Okay, so basically the civil surgeon in my area (the ONE civil surgeon I could get to reasonably) was booked absolutely solid for months before we could get an appointment. Long story short, I'm not sure the medical stuff will be ready in time for us to file.

Would it be wise to just send everything we've got now, and then send the rest of it when it's done? Or, wait for an RFE and send it then? I'm not worried about the case being held up too terribly long, I just don't want him to accrue any out-of-status time.

What do you need the CS to do for you?

YMMV

Well, the CS just needs to put everything on the vaccination form. We refused to do the TB skin test through him because they want to charge an arm and leg. The office visit is $79, not too bad, but the receptionist was actually quite nice and informed me that we should really get it done through the health department. Only $10, as opposed to some god-awful fee at the CS.

However, his I-94 expires on the 22nd of February. He's having his results of the TB test read today, and it will take a week to process. Our appointment with the CS is tomorrow. I can have him transcribe everything tomorrow, keep the form until we take the TB results to him, then have him complete it and we'll pick it up. But that's getting so close to the wire (which is honestly uncharacteristic; we've usually been one step ahead of everything during this whole process, but the medical BS just bamboozled us) that I'm wondering if it isn't wiser to simply send everything else, which is totally in order, and then just send the medical along once it's completed. At least they could go ahead and get started on the AP, EAD, etc. IF that's even allowed.

Timeline
Well, the CS just needs to put everything on the vaccination form. We refused to do the TB skin test through him because they want to charge an arm and leg. The office visit is $79, not too bad, but the receptionist was actually quite nice and informed me that we should really get it done through the health department. Only $10, as opposed to some god-awful fee at the CS.

However, his I-94 expires on the 22nd of February. He's having his results of the TB test read today, and it will take a week to process. Our appointment with the CS is tomorrow. I can have him transcribe everything tomorrow, keep the form until we take the TB results to him, then have him complete it and we'll pick it up. But that's getting so close to the wire (which is honestly uncharacteristic; we've usually been one step ahead of everything during this whole process, but the medical BS just bamboozled us) that I'm wondering if it isn't wiser to simply send everything else, which is totally in order, and then just send the medical along once it's completed. At least they could go ahead and get started on the AP, EAD, etc. IF that's even allowed.

Do you have the DS-3025 from the foreign medical?

YMMV

Considering some of the horror stories I have read about Civil Surgeons, that isn't a bad price. There is no rule saying you have to file AOS before the expiration of the I-94. Some here have waited months or more. It just give the beneficiary more benefits by getting the AOS done.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I sent my AOS package on its merry way without the vaccination supplement as I was pregnant at that time and therefore unable to receive the shots.I had expected an RFE for the missing supplement.Turns out they approved my AOS without the supplement :blush:

Good luck!

Edited by mnieto

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Based on your timeline, you were married within the required 90 days. Most K-1ers have a period of expired I-94.

I would do everything to avoid an RFE. Get the medical documents, check and recheck your other documents and send off the AOS packet in total.

Good Luck!!

Yes.

Timeline

Yes.

If you are adamant about not wanting to delay the filing, then send the DS-3025 with the I-485... Then respond to any RFE that may or may not come, and/or present the final vaccination information, if you are chosen for an interview....

In the end it is your choice about what risks (if any) you are willing to accept

YMMV

If you are adamant about not wanting to delay the filing, then send the DS-3025 with the I-485... Then respond to any RFE that may or may not come, and/or present the final vaccination information, if you are chosen for an interview....

In the end it is your choice about what risks (if any) you are willing to accept

If they require the actual handwritten DS-3025, how would I take it to a CS for transcription onto the vaccination supplement? This business with the medical, to this day, still confuses the bejesus out of me.

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs:

If they require the actual handwritten DS-3025, how would I take it to a CS for transcription onto the vaccination supplement? This business with the medical, to this day, still confuses the bejesus out of me.

They already have the DS-3025 in the infamous MBE. All you're doing is sending them a copy of your copy.

iagree.gif

So let me get this right - if I've got the DS-3025, then technically, I really wouldn't even have to involve a CS. I COULD send it in, and if they send an RFE over the skin test results, I can send them the results that we get directly from the health department where he had the test done?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So let me get this right - if I've got the DS-3025, then technically, I really wouldn't even have to involve a CS. I COULD send it in, and if they send an RFE over the skin test results, I can send them the results that we get directly from the health department where he had the test done?

I beleive that you have to ahve the TB test done by a civil surgeon, otherwise the INS will not accept it.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Can anyone confirm whether or not the TB test must be done by a civil surgeon?

Have you looked at an I-693 form? Look at Part 2, number 2. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

You show the CS your evidence from the health dept and he fills out that part.

Or you let the CS do the test and fill out that part.

If he's supposed to believe your records of immunization from somebody else, then surely he can believe the records of the local health department. He's probably even is acqainted with the doctors there if it's the same town or county.

I can see you know all the new rules about the I-693, transcribing the vaccinations, and the TST. No matter what anybody tells you, you have read those rules and that's the current proper way. However, people who applied in September are still getting by with no TST. Others are reporting it was noticed at the interview and they were told to get one before they could be approved. It is not being applied consistently yet. Those people applied 5-6 months ago. By the time they pick up your application 5-6 months from now (July-August?) the rules would have been in effect a whole year. Perhaps all the adjudicators will be more informed by then and they will expect the TST. It's still speculation at this point in time whether they will hold you to the rules or not, so you have to decided what you feel most comfortable doing. We chose not to do the TST or I-693 and wait on an RFE. So far none, but we're probably at least a month short of getting looked at by an adjudicator. EAD and AP were received already, so that part worked. Will the same hold true for you coming several months later? As more and more people comply with the new rules, it's likely that they will come to look for those documents and fewer will slip by.

Do you mind getting an RFE? Will it change your day to day life to have a short delay? Will the postman who delivers your RFE snatch your husband away until the RFE is resolved? NO. He's here, you're married, you live together. An RFE will be a delay you can live with.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.