SterlingGirl

Would you advise doing this?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I can see you know all the new rules about the I-693, transcribing the vaccinations, and the TST. No matter what anybody tells you, you have read those rules and that's the current proper way. However, people who applied in September are still getting by with no TST. Others are reporting it was noticed at the interview and they were told to get one before they could be approved. It is not being applied consistently yet. Those people applied 5-6 months ago. By the time they pick up your application 5-6 months from now (July-August?) the rules would have been in effect a whole year. Perhaps all the adjudicators will be more informed by then and they will expect the TST. It's still speculation at this point in time whether they will hold you to the rules or not, so you have to decided what you feel most comfortable doing. We chose not to do the TST or I-693 and wait on an RFE. So far none, but we're probably at least a month short of getting looked at by an adjudicator. EAD and AP were received already, so that part worked. Will the same hold true for you coming several months later? As more and more people comply with the new rules, it's likely that they will come to look for those documents and fewer will slip by.

Do you mind getting an RFE? Will it change your day to day life to have a short delay? Will the postman who delivers your RFE snatch your husband away until the RFE is resolved? NO. He's here, you're married, you live together. An RFE will be a delay you can live with.

That was exactly my thinking. The CS I called wanted $250. Forget that. We're together, I don't really care how long it takes. I just sent in the yellow sheet (is that the DS-3025?) we got from the medical in Vietnam, and hoped for the best. I figured if we've got to go get a different form, then so be it.

Evidently, we got by with it, because card production has been ordered.

Filed: Timeline
Can anyone confirm whether or not the TB test must be done by a civil surgeon?

We didn't have ours done by a civil surgeon, all the civil surgeon did was transfer the information we provided to him unto the I-693 form. My hubby had his TB test done at a clinic for free, some places charge $15 and upwards.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I think I've decided to just send in the DS-3025 and his TB test/follow up X-ray (because his skin test was positive; he had BCG as a child). The follow-up X-ray, plus another medical bill of his completely unrelated to immigration, is starting to put a small dent in our budget, and at least at this point, I don't feel like giving USCIS (and associated parties) another thin dime over and above the $1010 I'm having to dole out upon AOS. I know there will be more expenses in the future; but if it's possible that it's not necessary, I'll take a chance. I complied to the letter to get him here; now that he's here, I'm going to see what we can get away with.

As others have said - worst case scenario, we get an RFE and have to to see a CS anyway. The extra time really isn't a big deal to us.

Edited by SterlingGirl

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.