Jasman0717

To flee poverty, Filipinas marry foreigners

144 posts in this topic

foreign men usually at least 40 years older???

Is this really true???

:wacko:

These foreign men also usually are at least 40 years older than their Filipino brides.

And I thought I was an old geezer :blink:

Me to :thumbs:

this is in reference to east asian men, primarily to japanese.

incidentally, phils girls who go to japan as "entertainers" usually wind up as prostitutes, no matter how well they sing and what they are promised.

From what i know the "entertainer" is nothing more than a bargirl. Japan has enough musical talent in that country to supply the world. You think they need to go to the Philippines to get musical entertainers....that is joke! :lol::lol:

What do they call them in the philippines, GLO or something like that. Gentlemans something officer.... :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Is this really true???

These foreign men also usually are at least 40 years older than their Filipino brides.

incidentally, phils girls who go to japan as "entertainers" usually wind up as prostitutes, no matter how well they sing and what they are promised.

From what i know the "entertainer" is nothing more than a bargirl. Japan has enough musical talent in that country to supply the world. You think they need to go to the Philippines to get musical entertainers....that is joke! :lol::lol:

What do they call them in the philippines, GLO or something like that. Gentlemans something officer.... :unsure:

Guest Relations Officers ;)

--Rocky

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Is this really true???

--Rocky

Duh, sucks getting old, I can remember anything :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

That's why we married youngsters: To spoon feed us as we get older! :thumbs:

--Bullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: Other Timeline

They're so braved to published this article. Hurt but true. "I being Filipino is really ashamed for this."

--Bullwinkle

If you retired in the Philippines, she can hire private nurse for you. :whistle:

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are numerous single, young Filipinas living here in the states, who aren't actively looking to get married at a young age, especially to a non-Filipino who is more than twice her age. The economic factors are undeniable. But I think the underlying factors that really are at play - little or no college, no career or marketable job skill set, comes from a more remote area, from a very poor family who parents have no college themselves, and if the father is absent from the family.

My wife's family were squatters, but they made ends meet - her father drove a Jeepney and her mother ran her own restaurant. All 5 of the children attend college - her 3 older sisters became RN's and went on to work abroad (2 of them are in Ireland), my wife became a dentist (thanks to her aunt, a dentist herself, who paid for her college tuition), and her brother studied engineering. The sisters in Ireland saved up and bought some land then had a custom home built for their parents in Cebu, where they now live. They even helped pay for my wife's own dental clinic which she had for a couple of years before selling it to live here in the U.S. with me. I see in her family a determination to find a better life for themselves through shool and career choices, however, I know that is not always easy or even achievable for many other families. My wife could not have made it through college without the support of her family - not just financial but emotional support. Her family placed great emphasis on having a good education...as the only viable way to move up the economic ladder.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

They're so braved to published this article. Hurt but true. "I being Filipino is really ashamed for this."

--Bullwinkle

If you retired in the Philippines, she can hire private nurse for you. :whistle:

If I hired the nurse, my wife would kill her out of jealousy! :wacko:

--Bullwinkle

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

I sleep good at night knowing my wife didn't marry me to flee poverty.

She will be 40 this year and Im 47, we will probably feed each other when we get old lol.

Last November, her Mom sent her money to buy a laptop as her Christmas present from her family back in the Philippines.

Recently, my mother-in-law sent her money again to pay for her NCLEX - RN online review course with Kaplan University. She insisted that when it comes to her daughter's education , they are responsible. My wife is a nurse and a lawyer but she left everything to be with me.

I am sharing this here because my wife is a Filipina but she didn't marry me to flee poverty because honestly, her family has more money than me.

She just received her first American paycheck today and I was so shocked when she told me she would send my three daughters ( even my stepdauther ) checks because it has been her tradition to share with family her every first paycheck. She will also send ( for the first time ) to the Philippines money, to continue her tradition. For the boys, toys will suffice.

I feel so blessed that I married a very generous woman, so just like her Mom.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

You have to think it is not a bad strategy for a young girl. She can marry someone in his sixties, or older. She can be a good wife, devoted to him, take care of him in his last years, and when he passes, she still is young enough to have a life of her own. In the meantime, she can help her family back in the Philippines, with monetary support, and eventually bring her close family members to the live in the US. She can be faithful to her husband, to her family, and to herself, without compromising her morals. Why not?

--Bullwinkle

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Timeline
I sleep good at night knowing my wife didn't marry me to flee poverty.

She will be 40 this year and Im 47, we will probably feed each other when we get old lol.

Last November, her Mom sent her money to buy a laptop as her Christmas present from her family back in the Philippines.

Recently, my mother-in-law sent her money again to pay for her NCLEX - RN online review course with Kaplan University. She insisted that when it comes to her daughter's education , they are responsible. My wife is a nurse and a lawyer but she left everything to be with me.

I am sharing this here because my wife is a Filipina but she didn't marry me to flee poverty because honestly, her family has more money than me.

She just received her first American paycheck today and I was so shocked when she told me she would send my three daughters ( even my stepdauther ) checks because it has been her tradition to share with family her every first paycheck. She will also send ( for the first time ) to the Philippines money, to continue her tradition. For the boys, toys will suffice.

I feel so blessed that I married a very generous woman, so just like her Mom.

Great personal story, Joe! :thumbs:

Timeline

Is this really true???

--Rocky

I know a blonde American woman who went to Japan for several years doing the same line of work until her looks started to go. This same thing takes place here, i.e. Housewives of Orange County, "Trophy Wives", nightclub "dancers", gold diggers, "The Bachelor" TV series on and on. Money is the main attractor for some women.

I think it dates back to when we lived in caves. One hunter was old but he could bring home the meat. Another hunter was young and not a good hunter, his children commonly died of malnutrition. Any guess who was in more demand? The older more skilled hunter.

Take away the nationality. This is something that goes on everywhere and has for at least 25,000 years. - J

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think it dates back to when we lived in caves. One hunter was old but he could bring home the meat. Another hunter was young and not a good hunter, his children commonly died of malnutrition. Any guess who was in more demand? The older more skilled hunter.

Take away the nationality. This is something that goes on everywhere and has for at least 25,000 years. - J

Caveman2.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

granted...the 18,000 profiles may have duplicates or triplicates...so we can't rely on that....but the numbers mentioned in the article has credibility...and those numbers don't lie. the increase is alarming...i agree with bullwinkle.

not one filipina here in VJ would ever admit to have married a USC for economic reason, albeit not the only reason but a major one...and not one USC will ever say that their Filipina wife married them for that.

Exactly! I dont expect anyone to come out and actually say it, and some actually dont see it either.

i guess you and i are the only guys on here who can admit that our wives actually thought about their economic future before marrying us, and that it's quite the reasonable thing to do.

sure, it's part of the package, but hopefully not the primary concern.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm much older than my wife and we have been maried for more than 3 years and we've known each other for more than four.

I never planned to marry anyone of any nationality when we met, but things just happen.. :dance:

She really has no desire to come to the USA, she has a large poor family there and none of them want to come to the USA or any other counrty either, they all love the Philippines and want to stay.

She is the only one in her family married to the "white guy" hehe...the rest of her relatives marry other Filipino's and seem happywith that choice. I travel there often and it seems on every trip I'm asked to be the godfather for one or two of the relatives new baby. I have almost lost track but I'm godfather to 13 :star:

There are many stereotypes in the article and in some of the posts both about both about Filipino's and age differences. People can really only judge by their own experience and value, articles such as this are written to further the political adgenda of the author and are not necessarily true or accurate.

Your story sounds like mine. I had just gotten out of a 10 year marriage and certainly wasn't looking for get married again. My friend migrated to the Philippines and landed in Iligan. Through an act of God I ended up chatting with the Filipina from CDO. She seemed nice and seeing I was just about 80 clicks south of CDO I figured what the heck. Wow! The minute I met her I was crazy in love. She is just about the most perfect person (emotional connection) I have ever met. We have known each other for five years and have been married for 3 1/2 and what a ride it has been. Besides, she agreed to wipe my poopy butt when I get old an feable. :blink:

Say what, bubba? :lol::lol:

Of course, an old and weaker jockey needs a good ride! :lol::lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.