Jasman0717

To flee poverty, Filipinas marry foreigners

144 posts in this topic

I saw this article in GMANEWS online.The Philippine government is to blame why it is happening.The filipinas should not be judge if they choose to marry foreigners because that's their choice and a lot of filipino men have no jobs anyway because the government is not doing what they are supposed to be doing like providing jobs,most of the politicians were corrupt even those who work at the barangays were already doing corruptions. :angry: I have worked as an ofw before I met my husband and it was love that brought us together.I can choose a filipino man If i wanted to but its my choice and its my destiny I believed. :)

Economy is BAD everywhere now....and it will get worst for the next 3 to 4 years...

If there is not a little bit of love, marrying to escape poverty may not be a great option anymore...

Why would it get worse? :blink:

We finally got rid of the moron :bonk: who caused all of this...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Timeline
Economy is BAD everywhere now....and it will get worst for the next 3 to 4 years...

If there is not a little bit of love, marrying to escape poverty may not be a great option anymore...

It is called the SNOWBALL going down the hill effect.....it will become an avalanche...

As more people loose their jobs, they will spending less money,

spending less money may in turn requires business to lay off more people or go into bankruptcy.. and the cycle continues.

I agree with your last statement....but it took eight years to get rid of it.....

Are we that stupid ????? (If we are....then we are getting what we deserve!!!!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I saw this article in GMANEWS online.The Philippine government is to blame why it is happening.The filipinas should not be judge if they choose to marry foreigners because that's their choice and a lot of filipino men have no jobs anyway because the government is not doing what they are supposed to be doing like providing jobs,most of the politicians were corrupt even those who work at the barangays were already doing corruptions. :angry: I have worked as an ofw before I met my husband and it was love that brought us together.I can choose a filipino man If i wanted to but its my choice and its my destiny I believed. :)

I think the answer here is the get Filipino men jobs, not making filipina women desperate to marry men from other countries. That would be dangerous.

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is called the SNOWBALL going down the hill effect.....it will become an avalanche...

As more people loose their jobs, they will spending less money,

spending less money may in turn requires business to lay off more people or go into bankruptcy.. and the cycle continues.

I agree with your last statement....but it took eight years to get rid of it.....

Are we that stupid ????? (If we are....then we are getting what we deserve!!!!)

No it will not get worse, its just that the solution takes time to get the American economy back going again.

Obama is not the solution, he will be the ultimate fall guy in this. i.e. Jimmy Carter

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

• 3 years later...

Old article nevertheless valis concerns.

I think USCs need not ne offended because the US embassies are more investigative about the relationship, if they are real or not.

The concern should be more directed to Asia bound brides. My primary concern is human trafficking. I have read articles about wives being apprehended and grilled in the cfo or airport because many So Kor, Japan, Singapore brides give inconsistent statememts about their husbands. Their visas are legally given, you see. The problem here is that asian governments seem to be passive about marriage brokers.

There is an article (will find it) where 3 Pinays going to South Korea were apprehended. They were married but they were paid by their husands 300,000 pesos so that the Korean husbands can stay in the Philippines and the girls work in Korea. The problem with that is the Koreans could be criminals seeking visas and the Pinays trafficked into prostitution.

No offense meant to US military here (not blaming you) but businesses around the US bases like to pimp Filipinas to US soldiers. Many are promised to be singers with good pay but they end up being forced into prostitution and debt for their "placement fees, rent, airticket"

No go figure how marriage visas can be front of human trafficking esp on asia

Edited by Kang

not one filipina here in VJ would ever admit to have married a USC for economic reason, albeit not the only reason but a major one...and not one USC will ever say that their Filipina wife married them for that.

Huh? Jena has always freely admitted economic reasons were a contributing factor in her descision to seek out a husband from a foreign country. Should there be shame in wanting to help your own family out of poverty?

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree. My wife certainly in choosing me, I'm sure, weighed financial things in her decision. Who are we kidding if we believe otherwise? She does really truly LOVE me though, and I really truly love her. But I'm not naive enough to recognize that part of the that love comes out of the security that I can provide. And what exactly is wrong with that. Marriage traditionally around the world has almost always been sanctioned and decided at least in part on such things. That doesn't mean it should only be that of course. But to deny that for women from a poor country to want to better the lives of themselves and their families is silly. Of course money factors in to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "rescue industry" is a bunch of money-grubbing predators enriching themselves with government and foundation money by pretending immigrants are "human trafficking" victims.

Notice how they paint the immigrant girls as desperate victims instead of intelligent, adventurous women leaving the real crooks: their own corrupt government. What was the solution offered? To steal the money from the girls! Hahahahahahaha how transparent the greed is!

Don't ever let malicious envy work against you: they try to pretend that making wise choices for your children's future is a bad thing - secure income and everything else that goes with that: health, education, opportunity, quality of life. Talk about stupid. Get out in front on this and say your damn right the women are leaving for men who will provide for them. And they replace domestic US women who have been steeped in decades of propaganda about how evil men are for working hard all their lives and providing for their families.

They try to make men feel bad about choosing the young hotties. Heh. Oh, that hurts so bad. I think I'll return mine for a fat old ugly cow. 'Cuz then people won't make fun of me for having a spectacularly beautiful, loving young wife. :rofl:

While some of you do have valid point, let us not forget the growing marriage scams in asia as a front of human trafficking.

Since most people here are westerners, it may not be too relevant. However, it is a growing issue in pan asian "marriages" because even rich countries in asia permit pimping aka marriage broker and there are brides who are pimped by their in laws and husbands. The mid 20s pinay who commited suicide was being forced into prostitution by her korean husbands.

That being said, the us embassies should be credited with their jobs since its harder to use marriage visa scams to the us due to the requirements the embassies have. That cannot be said though with south korea, japanese and other asian embassies though.

While i do not agree with neofeminists, i do not agree with male chauvinism either.

Some links on how marriage visas in asia are front for human trafficking and circumventing laws

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/13377/3-filipina-‘wives’-bound-for-korea-held

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/11/07/11/exploring-realities-korean-filipino-marriages

http://www.mindanews.com/special-reports/2012/02/23/domestic-abuse-fueled-suspicions-of-foul-play/

Offtopic:

It seems to be that the view of marriage in the philippines and other asian countries is much less compatible than say, philippine-western view of marriage.

In the west and the philippines, the roles are different but it ends there. In many places in asia(even the richer asian countries) seems that women are doormats :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, who's had their remittances tapped ? (see end of post #1)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

^^ the philippines has large foreign reserves but it is never tapped

If that is what you mean....

I think one problem is the filipino family in many cases... When their daughter catches the big fish, they choose to become palamunins and pressure their daughter to send them money than save for the future... As the case here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291307-filipina-wife-issuesadvice-please/

Outrageous....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.