That's why we married youngsters: To spoon feed us as we get older! :thumbs:

--Bullwinkle

And wipe our poopy butts :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why are we talking about issues like this here? It's a matter of choice. They chose to do it that way, they will grow up with the consequences if they didn't foresee that right away.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Why are we talking about issues like this here? It's a matter of choice. They chose to do it that way, they will grow up with the consequences if they didn't foresee that right away.

It is called making love with eyes wide open! Some of us have been around the block a few times, and know what we were getting ourselves into. Some pups don't have a clue, but push on through anyways, and most will deal with it, one way, or another. It don't mean we don't love our wives, but it don't mean we are naive either.

--Bullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm much older than my wife and we have been maried for more than 3 years and we've known each other for more than four.

I never planned to marry anyone of any nationality when we met, but things just happen.. :dance:

She really has no desire to come to the USA, she has a large poor family there and none of them want to come to the USA or any other counrty either, they all love the Philippines and want to stay.

She is the only one in her family married to the "white guy" hehe...the rest of her relatives marry other Filipino's and seem happywith that choice. I travel there often and it seems on every trip I'm asked to be the godfather for one or two of the relatives new baby. I have almost lost track but I'm godfather to 13 :star:

There are many stereotypes in the article and in some of the posts both about both about Filipino's and age differences. People can really only judge by their own experience and value, articles such as this are written to further the political adgenda of the author and are not necessarily true or accurate.

Your story sounds like mine. I had just gotten out of a 10 year marriage and certainly wasn't looking for get married again. My friend migrated to the Philippines and landed in Iligan. Through an act of God I ended up chatting with the Filipina from CDO. She seemed nice and seeing I was just about 80 clicks south of CDO I figured what the heck. Wow! The minute I met her I was crazy in love. She is just about the most perfect person (emotional connection) I have ever met. We have known each other for five years and have been married for 3 1/2 and what a ride it has been. Besides, she agreed to wipe my poopy butt when I get old an feable. :blink:

Say what, bubba? :lol::lol:

Of course, an old and weaker jockey needs a good ride! :lol::lol:

And the younger and prettier filly she is, the better is the ride!

tex-mex.jpg

That's why we married youngsters: To spoon feed us as we get older! :thumbs:

--Bullwinkle

And wipe our poopy butts :P

Oh my... :blink: I have nausea just now after i logged in here, not sure if it's because im pregnant or just reading this topic lol. But seriously..God leave filipina's alone lol. I read lots of reply that true, but what about those other filipina like me and like ur wives maybe that chose to be married with american because of the reason that we think YOU guys are so attractive, more responsible and HOT ! :wacko: For me those qualification of american men like my husband that is sooo easy to fell inlove with not only for filipina but with all female all over the country. So you guys stop thinking that we only marry u coz we want to scape for something.. (maybe only atleast 20% and again not only a flipina).

Lol this kind of topic is really imbarassing for us filipina who's behaving their self and never done wrong.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really, who are we to criticize couples with a huge age gap? Yeah, marriage for convenience is always possible but it's really none of our business. A choice is a choice - one thing that man is gifted with. For people who can't handle it, you are worrying about things beyond your control.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

granted...the 18,000 profiles may have duplicates or triplicates...so we can't rely on that....but the numbers mentioned in the article has credibility...and those numbers don't lie. the increase is alarming...i agree with bullwinkle.

not one filipina here in VJ would ever admit to have married a USC for economic reason, albeit not the only reason but a major one...and not one USC will ever say that their Filipina wife married them for that.

Exactly! I dont expect anyone to come out and actually say it, and some actually dont see it either.

i guess you and i are the only guys on here who can admit that our wives actually thought about their economic future before marrying us, and that it's quite the reasonable thing to do.

sure, it's part of the package, but hopefully not the primary concern.

Exactly, and we ahve talked about it more than once in our relationship. She has admitted that she likes the idea of coming to America. And that she gains a much better lifestyle by marry me. Also she married someone of her own culture, and never thought she would be with a man from another country. Look I am not stupid to think that there are some things that my wife gains just by marrying me. I realized a long time ago that in the PI there is a huge push for women to want to come to the U.S. and this often hurts the chances of men who are looking for women in the PI who want a true mate, not just a GC, or a ticket to a better life. So my fiancee and I have talked on this in the last 3 yrs quite a bit. Not just with her, but with her family as well. But the one thing that I have to say, is my wife and I are notfar apart in age. She sees herself as a woman, not as a girl. Also she was married before like myself. We both married someone from our own race. Also we have had similar past struggles as well.

We have both committed to work as hard as it takes to make our marriage work. We never expect it to be easy. We already know there will good and bad days mixed up. We already have had a few arguements, disagreements, but we have also stood by each other as well in things we agree with too. We are becoming a strong team. We have a good woman and man relationship with her being the feminine and me being the masculine. We are equal only in that sense. We dont play father and daughter, and I dont go our and place Santa Claus too much. I spoil her with romance, but we both understand that we are adults who need to be responsible and held accountable to our roles in the our family. I need her in a big way. She needs me as well. If we do it right, our family will be solid.

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is called making love with eyes wide open! Some of us have been around the block a few times, and know what we were getting ourselves into. Some pups don't have a clue, but push on through anyways, and most will deal with it, one way, or another. It don't mean we don't love our wives, but it don't mean we are naive either.

--Bullwinkle

That uncle sam picture is a trip....but cool.

29ngqhd.jpg

American women often marry men with money too... how often do you see a woman making good money marry a guy who doesn't? Women want to be financially stable & there is nothing wrong with that. As for Filipino women I believe most are also looking for a real relationship & not a sugar daddy. As long as their intentions are legit you shouldn't look down on them if they are also trying to improve their quality of life.

The flip side of that would be how many males are "man enough" to handle their wife making more money than them...

I sleep good at night knowing my wife didn't marry me to flee poverty.

She will be 40 this year and Im 47, we will probably feed each other when we get old lol.

Last November, her Mom sent her money to buy a laptop as her Christmas present from her family back in the Philippines.

Recently, my mother-in-law sent her money again to pay for her NCLEX - RN online review course with Kaplan University. She insisted that when it comes to her daughter's education , they are responsible. My wife is a nurse and a lawyer but she left everything to be with me.

I am sharing this here because my wife is a Filipina but she didn't marry me to flee poverty because honestly, her family has more money than me.

She just received her first American paycheck today and I was so shocked when she told me she would send my three daughters ( even my stepdauther ) checks because it has been her tradition to share with family her every first paycheck. She will also send ( for the first time ) to the Philippines money, to continue her tradition. For the boys, toys will suffice.

I feel so blessed that I married a very generous woman, so just like her Mom.

I think the two of you have a beautiful relationship. I hope you continue to stay happy and feel blessed that you have one another.

hes looking in the North, wrong islands completely. Everyone knows the real beauties come from Mindando :devil:

hes looking in the North, wrong islands completely. Everyone knows the real beauties come from Mindando :devil:

My wife is Ilocano, and she says the same thing. But for me, there is something about a Ilocana's eyes...yum!

--Bullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

My wife is Ilocano, and she says the same thing. But for me, there is something about a Ilocana's eyes...yum!

--Bullwinkle

Ah sucks, all Filipinas are beautiful (L)

--Bullwinkle

Ah sucks, all Filipinas are beautiful (L)

Damn Right! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Really, who are we to criticize couples with a huge age gap? Yeah, marriage for convenience is always possible but it's really none of our business. A choice is a choice - one thing that man is gifted with. For people who can't handle it, you are worrying about things beyond your control.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.