3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
My FIRST PRIMA FACIE letter expires this week. I asked to my lawyer if we're going to send a letter to renew it but he said it's not necessary. I'm getting confused because I read in some of your postings that we have to request a renewal... What should I do? My case was touched once only. I have not received any RFE and like I said before, I sent my I-360 on March 2008 (15months ago) Any suggestions?

You should. Maybe this way they will look at your case. I hope you get an approval. I think they already working on your case since it was touched.

Good luck. :)

My Prima Facie will expired on May,31. I will contact my attorney next week ask her what we should do. I hope i get something soon. :(

Edited by EWTN2009

My FIRST PRIMA FACIE letter expires this week. I asked to my lawyer if we're going to send a letter to renew it but he said it's not necessary. I'm getting confused because I read in some of your postings that we have to request a renewal... What should I do? My case was touched once only. I have not received any RFE and like I said before, I sent my I-360 on March 2008 (15months ago) Any suggestions?

You should. Maybe this way they will look at your case. I hope you get an approval. I think they already working on your case since it was touched.

Good luck. :)

My Prima Facie will expired on May,31. I will contact my attorney next week ask her what we should do. I hope i get something soon. :(

Niagara,

It seems like we both have prima facie expiring on same date (5-31-09). Even when mine expires soon, that letter states that they have 150 days to make a decision, so my lawyer says is not necessary request a new one since deadline is August 30.

If you don't mind let me know what your lawyer says.

Have you heard if someone has been approved when their cases were touched in April 2009?. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hey nigra i dont understand how is your first prima facie and you file you i360 15 month ago dont they sent for 180 days mine expier on july 20

and i alredy got RFE and this my first prima facie and i file lat november can you and etw let me knew if you gus get any thing

thank you

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: Timeline

hey nigra i dont understand how is your first prima facie and you file you i360 15 month ago dont they sent for 180 days mine expier on july 20

and i alredy got RFE and this my first prima facie and i file lat november can you and etw let me knew if you gus get any thing

thank you

If you ask me then i am on my third Prima Facie.

thank you

yahya54,

I filed I-360 on Mach 2008, first time touched on April 1/2009 and few days later I received MY FIRST PRIMA FACE (April 6/2009) which expires 60 days later (05-31-2009), no RFE, nothing else I've received or been requested.

Is not weird?

Some people don't get RFE, i didn't. Don't worry. :)

Niagara.

Thanks for your answer and your smiley face. I've been feeling overwhealmed lately. After all this pain I don't even wanted to talk about anything related to VAWA with friends nor family members. It hurts me everytime when you start talking of it again. Nobody knows how we're feeling it about, how it has been changed our lives and affected us. Then when I found this site I feel comfortable and I'm getting a little bite of hope when I read your new postings or when someone's case is approved.

Anyway, Whatever you lawyer says about requesting a renewal of prima facie letter, please let me know or if you receive any news, please share it (if you don't mind). I would do the same.

I wish all of this ends soon for all of us. ;)

Edited by EWTN2009

EWTN 2009 did u send in police clearance?

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

It doesn't hurt to request to renew prima facie, I just got my renewal which is good until 1st November, 2009, I requested it hoping they would touch my case, but so far that didn't work. Oh well what can I do but wait.

N-400 Naturalization

It doesn't hurt to request to renew prima facie, I just got my renewal which is good until 1st November, 2009, I requested it hoping they would touch my case, but so far that didn't work. Oh well what can I do but wait.

Hi LostinNJ,

I didn't send a police report because I could not call them, I was unconscious when I got to the hospital . I did have the opportunity to go to the closest police station to let them know about my situation and also that my ex has access to guns, which it was my biggest fear. When I was filing my I-360 I requested copy of it and I also a letter of my good character and moral ( I don't remember exactly how you called it).

I dont't know that much about Prima facies but how my first prima facie it's only for 60 days? I thought they usually issue the first one for 180 days. Do you think they will send me another one for more than 60 days?

Edited by EWTN2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi LostinNJ,

I didn't send a police report because I could not call them, I was unconscious when I got to the hospital . I did have the opportunity to go to the closest police station to let them know about my situation and also that my ex has access to guns, which it was my biggest fear. When I was filing my I-360 I requested copy of it and I also a letter of my good character and moral ( I don't remember exactly how you called it).

I dont't know that much about Prima facies but how my first prima facie it's only for 60 days? I thought they usually issue the first one for 180 days. Do you think they will send me another one for more than 60 days?

a police clearance could be a cori check from your state cori unit....

Edited by GhanaMade88

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

I just kept my (old) job. So yeah I guess one could argue that I am working without authorization. But it's never come up. I don't know how everyone else survives while waiting for VAWA. I know I could apply for food stamps using my prima facie but where would I live? I gotta pay rent!

I'm curious about everyone else... lostnnj, carla, ghanamade, hanah, mascheba..... how did y'all survive?

Hi there Biker, We are on the same boat I filed VAWA May 2008 and now on my 3rd Prima Facie, I applied to renew my EAD but they denied it for 2 times already it seems to me that i have to wait for the I360 approval before getting an EAD. so i was left with no choice as of now kept my previous job to pay everything i need for living most importantly lawyers fee this has been keeping me up at night it's very frustrating

I just kept my (old) job. So yeah I guess one could argue that I am working without authorization. But it's never come up. I don't know how everyone else survives while waiting for VAWA. I know I could apply for food stamps using my prima facie but where would I live? I gotta pay rent!

I'm curious about everyone else... lostnnj, carla, ghanamade, hanah, mascheba..... how did y'all survive?

Hi there Biker, We are on the same boat I filed VAWA May 2008 and now on my 3rd Prima Facie, I applied to renew my EAD but they denied it for 2 times already it seems to me that i have to wait for the I360 approval before getting an EAD. so i was left with no choice as of now kept my previous job to pay everything i need for living most importantly lawyers fee this has been keeping me up at night it's very frustrating

Biker congrats for the approval i know its a huge relief

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i just call my lawyer today about my i360 my first prima facie expier next mounth and he told me not to expect an approve soon

and he say they might sent a 2nd prima facie im just frustrating and i hat to wiat it been more than 8 mounth and i told him if we need to sent more evidanc and he say that not going to speed the process i want to do somthing sent letter to the gongresman but my atterony its not going to work and told me to relax i just cant

relax when i knew i have to wiat more time? any body out thier have any topics

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

I'm sorry but unfortunately your attorney maybe right, 95% of us here have waited more than 1 year before we heard something

N-400 Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.