3,045 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, in a couple of days it will be 1 year since I filed my VAWA petition, I haven't heard anything from VSC, has anyone who filed for VAWA 1 year and over heard anything? Please let me know your timeline, greatly appreciate it. Thank you

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline
Hi everyone, in a couple of days it will be 1 year since I filed my VAWA petition, I haven't heard anything from VSC, has anyone who filed for VAWA 1 year and over heard anything? Please let me know your timeline, greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Hi,I have just filed mine in 2 weeks back and i`m so sorry you have been waiting for so long.My prayers goes to you.I let you know if something happens

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

hi lostinNJ

How is everything going with you?. if your Prima Facie is expired yet? Do you have to renew it again or if they send you a new one automaticly? I know how hard it can be just wait and wait. I am really hope for the best for you and hope you hear from them soon. pls let us know if there are any news from them

good luck

Timeline
hi lostinNJ

How is everything going with you?. if your Prima Facie is expired yet? Do you have to renew it again or if they send you a new one automaticly? I know how hard it can be just wait and wait. I am really hope for the best for you and hope you hear from them soon. pls let us know if there are any news from them

good luck

I have not received a prima facie yet.

Filed: Timeline
Yesterday i received Email from uscis that my vawa petition got approved. after such a long and sad time I am sooooooo happy. My 1-360 took 15 months and 20 days to be approved. Thank God.

I'm so happy for you. It is indeed a long wait. 11 months and counting for me. Did you receive an RFE? How much evidence did you present.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yes, i received one REF in the month of Nov 2008 regarding more evidence for my moral character. they need character certificate (PCC)

from local police from my hometown.Which i send on dec 2nd,2008 and they received on 9th,dec 2008.

I send evidence for good faith marriage....

1.copy of marriage certificate

2 copy of form 1040 Us individual income tax joint return.

3. Copy of insurance policy as an beneficiary.

4. pictures of the family.

5 statement from one family friend.

2.For battery and Cruelty.

1.Copy from my therapist.

2.copy of my medical clinic's Medical record.

3.statement from my social worker.

4.Statement from myself.

5.statement from my sister.

3 Good moral charcter...

1. copy of background check conducted by local police in USA.

Timeline
Yesterday i received Email from uscis that my vawa petition got approved. after such a long and sad time I am sooooooo happy. My 1-360 took 15 months and 20 days to be approved. Thank God.

Hi,Hanah

congratulations on your papers,i have a month filed for my papers i guess i still have a long wait to do,just like you did.

Hi mmasechaba,

thank you so much.

Hanah Congrats, I'm happy everything went will for you, I am expecting an RFE for Moral character as well since I didn't send it with my application, I lived in Boston with my wife, after we separated I moved to NJ, I went back to Boston to get the police certificate but they said they have no record in the system and cannot issue me a certificate until USCIS request it, also I went to the local police dept. here in NJ for the certificate, they said I needed a ssn. So yea I am expecting a RFE for that, and maybe a few more things...

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline
Hi mmasechaba,

thank you so much.

Hanah Congrats, I'm happy everything went will for you, I am expecting an RFE for Moral character as well since I didn't send it with my application, I lived in Boston with my wife, after we separated I moved to NJ, I went back to Boston to get the police certificate but they said they have no record in the system and cannot issue me a certificate until USCIS request it, also I went to the local police dept. here in NJ for the certificate, they said I needed a ssn. So yea I am expecting a RFE for that, and maybe a few more things...

Hi LostinNJ,im so sorry to here that but you have to work on that right away.most definately they will look for that,goodluck

Hi mmasechaba,

thank you so much.

Hi LostinNJ,im so sorry to here that but you have to work on that right away.most definately they will look for that,goodluck

Thanks, yea I figure I wait for the RFE then take it to the local police and the police in Boston, and I really hate going back to Boston, so much memories I have to deal with, and the worries of having to run into my wife, she's the last person this planet I ever want to see.. And I miss my daughter, I haven't seen her in almost 2 years, but hopefully I get approved that way I know I can see my kid for sure.

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline
Hi mmasechaba,

thank you so much.

Thanks, yea I figure I wait for the RFE then take it to the local police and the police in Boston, and I really hate going back to Boston, so much memories I have to deal with, and the worries of having to run into my wife, she's the last person this planet I ever want to see.. And I miss my daughter, I haven't seen her in almost 2 years, but hopefully I get approved that way I know I can see my kid for sure.

Everything will workout for you,keep on praying

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance: Did you send an I-485 along with your pettition??? I'm just curios about what's next

20/Dec/06 I-129F sent to TSC

06/Jan/07 transfered to the CSC

15/Jan/07 I-129F sent to CSC

18/Jan/07 NOA1

03/May/07 NOA2

04/May/07 touched

07/May/07 NVC recived

09/May/07 left NVC

15/May/07 NOA2 hard copy

17/May/07 Package 3 recived

31/May/07 medical exams

04/Jun/07 interview, approved!!

06/Jun/07 visa in hand

10/Jun/07 going home

14/Jun/07 wedding

22/Jun/07 SSN name changed

27/Jul/07 filed for AOS

30/Jul/07 Chicago recived

01/Nov/07 called 911 domestic abuse

05/Nov/07 police came to help me to get my stuff out of the house

07//Nov/07 Biometrics

19/Nov/07 EAC

??/Dec/07 injunction granted against him

??/Jan/08 failure to interview

??/Feb/08 Notice from immigration: 30 days to leave the country before removal procedures start

01/Apr/08 I-360 NOA1

29/Aug/08 I-360, I-765,I485 NOA1 (my attorney sent a new I360...???)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.