3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

For the past month I have been checking my mailbox twice, sometimes 3 times, a day. My mailbox is located about 2 miles from my place. Last week I made a decision to stop. I just couldn't bear opening an empty mailbox again. I haven't been to the mailbox the whole week. I figured if I was approved, I would get an email first. This morning I went running and the running trail leads past the mailbox place and I opened it and VOILA!

I cried like a baby.

I don't even know where to start. I know I need to get a divorce and start processing my i485. But I need an advance parole FAST.

Lostinnj, you need to write a letter. Stop with the phone calls. Write a letter along these lines:

(But if you suspect that your file is lost, you need to file a FOIA requesting information on your file.)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I filed a VAWA Self-Petition (I-360), which was received on Feb 07 2007 and granted Prima Facie on Feb xx 2007. More than 15 months has elapsed and no determination has been made on this case. I am hereby requesting that your office adjudicate my I-360 as soon as possible.

Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

lostnnj

Make sure you send it certified return receipt

YAYYYYYY PRAISE GOD!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: See Gods time is the BEST time

thanks for all the encouragement!

Did you get a letter of defferment along with your approval notice? What is that for?

yes i did.. its kust to tell you what your current status is: deferred action and that uscis wont start removal proceedings yet so you should file for aos asap

Another question, how did your medical end up being $150? That's on the lower end. Did you have your vaccines done elsewhere? What about the lab tests. Do they have to be done at the doctor's office? Give me all the details. I am trying to save on the medical. lol

OMG biker4Eva I am soooooooooooooo happy ur finally approved, just gives me hope, when this entire crew gets approved, and hopefully we all do, we need to celebrate lol, but congrats, I'm extremely happy for you. Now you know I have question, I know we spoke but I forgot, (1) Did u get any RFE? If so what did they request, (2) Did u send in police clearance? Reason I ask if because I didn't send my police clearance and I really would like to be approved instead of getting an RFE for the clearance? I did note on my decalaration that I'm a person of good moral character and never committed a crime, also told them I've never lied to USCIS to gain any immigration benefits, it was all notarized, so I don't know if they will still request the police clearance, I don't mind getting clearance in NJ, but honestly I hate going to Boston because I would hate to run into my wife.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

OMG biker4Eva I am soooooooooooooo happy ur finally approved, just gives me hope, when this entire crew gets approved, and hopefully we all do, we need to celebrate lol, but congrats, I'm extremely happy for you. Now you know I have question, I know we spoke but I forgot, (1) Did u get any RFE? If so what did they request, (2) Did u send in police clearance? Reason I ask if because I didn't send my police clearance and I really would like to be approved instead of getting an RFE for the clearance? I did note on my decalaration that I'm a person of good moral character and never committed a crime, also told them I've never lied to USCIS to gain any immigration benefits, it was all notarized, so I don't know if they will still request the police clearance, I don't mind getting clearance in NJ, but honestly I hate going to Boston because I would hate to run into my wife.

I did not get an RFE.

I sent a police clearance. Thing is, when I went to get it, lady at the counter asked me what I needed it for (that's standard procedure) and I said immigration. I even put it down on the form where it asked what I needed it for. She called me aside and told me to put something else because putting down "immigration" would complicate things. So I changed it to "personal reasons". I got it in 10 minutes.

When you go to get the police clearance, which you are entitled to, by the way, just say you need it for personal reasons. An alternative to the police clearance is the FBI fingerprint. Now, this costs $50 and it can take a month but they don't ask a lot of questions. You just get your fingerprints taken at the local police station and send the fingerprint cards to the local FBI office and wait for a letter. Another alternative is to get your pastor to write a letter on your behalf. If you don't attend church regularly, get a friend who is friendly with a pastor or who attends church regularly and get then to vouch for you. But I think you should go ahead and start making preparations and send it because they will ask for it.

It will come. Have patience. I know it's hard. and start working on your police clearance. Go to Boston if you must. Just take an afternoon and go get it! It will be worth it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

For the past month I have been checking my mailbox twice, sometimes 3 times, a day. My mailbox is located about 2 miles from my place. Last week I made a decision to stop. I just couldn't bear opening an empty mailbox again. I haven't been to the mailbox the whole week. I figured if I was approved, I would get an email first. This morning I went running and the running trail leads past the mailbox place and I opened it and VOILA!

I cried like a baby.

I don't even know where to start. I know I need to get a divorce and start processing my i485. But I need an advance parole FAST.

Lostinnj, you need to write a letter. Stop with the phone calls. Write a letter along these lines:

(But if you suspect that your file is lost, you need to file a FOIA requesting information on your file.)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I filed a VAWA Self-Petition (I-360), which was received on Feb 07 2007 and granted Prima Facie on Feb xx 2007. More than 15 months has elapsed and no determination has been made on this case. I am hereby requesting that your office adjudicate my I-360 as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

lostnnj

YAYYYYYY PRAISE GOD!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: See Gods time is the BEST time

Did you get a letter of defferment along with your approval notice? What is that for?

yes i did.. its kust to tell you what your current status is: deferred action and that uscis wont start removal proceedings yet so you should file for aos asap

Another question, how did your medical end up being $150? That's on the lower end. Did you have your vaccines done elsewhere? What about the lab tests. Do they have to be done at the doctor's office? Give me all the details. I am trying to save on the medical. lol

it was actually $180...... i had my vaccines done at my pcp and my insurance paid for it, i didnt take the hpv vaccine though..im totally against it...just go to the uscis website and look for civil surgeons in your area and call all of them and go to the CHEAPEST!!!!!! :thumbs:

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, so here is me again.

They requested RFE in November 2008 (good moral character + marriage in a good faith). I sent it back in January 2009.

Its May 2009 and i still havent gotten any responses.

I CALLED THEM TODAY. They told me "i don't know. we are not supposed to give away any information on this type of case". I was like " do you think i should send you evidences once again in case it got lost in mail??? " and he was like " i don't know. its up to you".

so, WHAT DO I DO NOW???? :(

lady before that said that they usually wait 86 days for evidences, so they havent denied my case yet and its good. she said that they could forget update it and send me response..

OMG . What am i supposed to do? send them a letter and evidences again?? :(

Edited by 3bvsla

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Timeline
I can't believe it's 15 months and 1 week, not an RFE, not an update on my case since 02-24-2008, not a nada, something is strangely wrong with my case, I was speaking with my attorney, he said he's doing a lot of VAWA cases and most of the clients received RFE within the 10th month of filing, I haven't gotten anything, what are they doing? Are they putting my case at the back of the line or something? This is so ridiculous, I don't even have a touch or a simple update on my case, 15 months, this is crazy, I'm more than 30 days out of the processing time, every week I keep thinking it's going to be my week, and nothing, you try to call them and they never have an answer for you. Let's say I get RFE 2 months down the road, that's like another 4 months of waiting to be approved, I needddddddddddddddddddddd to work #######? I'm so out of patience, I need money, I'm broke, I need a life, I wanna go back to school, I'm just stuck. I can't even renew my driver's license, I can't even get an id, its like I have no identity, I'm playing by the rules and yet I feel so punished. Is it just me or does everyone else feels the same way? What is going on at Vermont, why is everyone else who filed wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy after me getting approved and my file is just sitting some where not even being looked at. I thought they worked on a first come first served basis. I've been waiting patiently until now, this is so unfair. An RFE would make me happy, I swear.

hey dude im sorry to hear that. i got RFE in November 08 and after that no responses at all. something wrong with my case as well :(

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

I cried like a baby.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

lostnnj

it was actually $180...... i had my vaccines done at my pcp and my insurance paid for it, i didnt take the hpv vaccine though..im totally against it...just go to the uscis website and look for civil surgeons in your area and call all of them and go to the CHEAPEST!!!!!! :thumbs:

Do you have a the list of vaccines that I require? I would appreciate it. Also, what about the lab tests? (syphillis, hiv, etc) are these done at the doctor's office? Does the $180 cover it? I am a little scared about the TB test. I know for a fact that my skin test will be more than 4mm. I had the BCG vaccine as a baby and it will show as a positive test. I suppose the chest xray will take care of the rest.

They requested RFE in November 2008 (good moral character + marriage in a good faith). I sent it back in January 2009.

I CALLED THEM TODAY. They told me "i don't know. we are not supposed to give away any information on this type of case". I was like " do you think i should send you evidences once again in case it got lost in mail??? " and he was like " i don't know. its up to you".

lady before that said that they usually wait 86 days for evidences, so they havent denied my case yet and its good. she said that they could forget update it and send me response..

I would send the evidence again. What do you have to lose except the $5 postage? When you send it again, make sure to use the blue form that was provided for you in the first prima facie. This is very important. You must send send the blue form as the cover. This will ensure that your documents do not get lost. Blue form. I cannot emphasize this enough. Send them again.

I would send the evidence again. What do you have to lose except the $5 postage? When you send it again, make sure to use the blue form that was provided for you in the first prima facie. This is very important. You must send send the blue form as the cover. This will ensure that your documents do not get lost. Blue form. I cannot emphasize this enough. Send them again.

ADDENDUM: Make sure to send it Certified Mail Return Receipt. If for nothing else, it will give you peace of mind.

Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

I cried like a baby.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

lostnnj

Do you have a the list of vaccines that I require? I would appreciate it. Also, what about the lab tests? (syphillis, hiv, etc) are these done at the doctor's office? Does the $180 cover it? I am a little scared about the TB test. I know for a fact that my skin test will be more than 4mm. I had the BCG vaccine as a baby and it will show as a positive test. I suppose the chest xray will take care of the rest.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV click this link, put in your zip code and a list of civil surgeons will come up... and this link http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil_ti_vacc...one.htm#changes is about the vaccination requirements... remember that the HPV is required for women 26 and under.... it was $130 for the medical examination and $50 for the hiv and syphillis....my tb test was positive so i had a chest xray done and that covered it..good luck

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Timeline

and some civil surgeons do the hiv testing in their office but mine i had to go somewhere else to do it

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

I cried like a baby.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

lostnnj

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV click this link, put in your zip code and a list of civil surgeons will come up... and this link http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil_ti_vacc...one.htm#changes is about the vaccination requirements... remember that the HPV is required for women 26 and under.... it was $130 for the medical examination and $50 for the hiv and syphillis....my tb test was positive so i had a chest xray done and that covered it..good luck

THanks!

I'm looking at the information and it appears the only vaccines that apply to me are:

Tetanus and diptheria (Td)

MMR (measles mumps rubella)

Varicella

Is this all? I better check this again.

Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!

OMG OMG

I cried like a baby.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sincerely,

lostnnj

THanks!

I'm looking at the information and it appears the only vaccines that apply to me are:

Tetanus and diptheria (Td)

MMR (measles mumps rubella)

Varicella

Is this all? I better check this again.

it depends on age

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Timeline

Thanks. I sent blue form in first time. All I have left is copy of blue form

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

Timeline

One more question. What did you guys send to prove that marriage was in a good faith? :unsure:

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

AOS:

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.