ladyspotthedog

Funny concepts that people have.......

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I went to England with my grandma one time and she was like "Awww look at those little kids.... they all speaking english..... so cute! So little and already speaking english...." LOL :lol: You know.... our native language is Portuguese and she thinks that even when someone is from another country, it's really harder for them to learn speaking their own laguage! :lol:

I have an american friend (I met her thought Dave) and she told me once "Why is your government so mean??? They won't let you come here......" :lol::lol::lol:

Another american girl that I know asked if Dave could see the Equador line when he flew over there! LOL

I'll think of some more stories to tell and I'll post them here..... :star:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Best one so far: "Canada... that's a county in north Texas, isn't it?"

Worst one and it's from BOTH COUNTRIES, so it's not just the Americans: "Why aren't you a citizen if you married an American?"

Of course, that's the second part of the original dumbass questions from our K-1 days: "Why can't you just go live there?"

And heard most often from my fellow canucks: "But you're Canadian!! Those immigration rules don't apply to us!"

Dayummmm, so we went through all that for nothing... :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

James was over for Thanksgiving this year and my grandparents had some funny questions:

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Ireland?

and

Do you have turkey in Ireland? followed by When do you eat it?

:lol:

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've been asked the following MANY times:

"You are Russian, do you drink a lot of vodka?"

"You are Russian, you must really like the cold, right?"

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

most ones I get are, You must be used to shovelling all that snow since your from Canada. ,,, we hardly ever got snow where I'm from!

Or the other one I've heard is, " Ya mean Canada is a country??? I thought it was part of the states!? GEEZ !! Don't they teach Geography in schools in the USA?

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Well I have not been to the USA (yet) but have met a fair number of them apart form my Gypsy... well again at a party I met an American who said "wow you speak English" - so I retorted "wow so do you" :devil:

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You know that is SO true.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I tell someone I married an Australian and he's not here yet....they say, "But if you're married, he's automatically a citizen right?"

How DOES That myth get perpetuated? The majority of people around here seriously can't understand why my husband can't just come over here right now - for good.

HAAHAHA - give them a day on THIS website! Their heads will spin,

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Or the other one I've heard is, " Ya mean Canada is a country??? I thought it was part of the states!? GEEZ !! Don't they teach Geography in schools in the USA?

When Adam & I firstmarried, we went to Ontario and spent the summer with his family. My kids & I had just moved back to Texas from Alaska the previous April. While sitting out at the pool with many of his family members shortly after getting there the talk turned to Alaska. Several of them tried telling me that Alaska belongs to Canada :no:

While living in Alaska we were asked many time by people if we lived in igloos, traveled by dog sled, if we had malls, how we live with being so far away from civilazation (population is actually over 250,000 in Anchorage and ranked 141, so it's far from one of the smallest places in the US. LOL)

Living in Texas we are always asked about traveling by horseback, if we plan to get paved roads instead of the dirt trails anytime soon and oh yes, the tumbleweed that floats accross the dirt roads. LOL

US-Can-Flag-sm.jpg

Our complete Visa Journey

More information concerning the DORA Program

Our Old DORA thread filled with lots of info

.png

I love this thread, it is soooo funny!!!! Keep those wacky stories coming!! :lol::lol:

Anthony & Caitlin's Visa Journey

======================

Oct 2001 - Met on an internet dating website

10/21/2001 - Met in person for the first time in London!

Nov 2002 - Anthony & Caitlin get engaged in London!

03/20/2003 - Anthony & Caitlin get married in the UK :)

04/30/2005 - I-130 completed and sent off

05/03/2005 - Forgot to send it Marriage certificate, sent by post!

05/09/2005 - London Embassy notifies us of receipt of I-130

06/02/2005 - Pkt 3 received

08/02/2005 - Pkt 3 completed and sent back

09/30/2005 - Pkt 4 received - Interview date set for 4th November

09/09/2005 - First child is born! Baby girl named Brianna :)

Sept 2005 - Went to get up-to-date TD and MMR shots at local doctors

10/17/2005 - Medical exam in London

11/04/2005 - Interview at London Embassy - GOT THE VISA!!

04/30/2006 - First trip back to the States since getting visa - MRIV in passport stamped!

05/09/2006 - Flew back to the UK to complete sale of apartment

05/17/2006 - Received 'Welcome to the United States' letter

05/30/2006 - Green Card arrives in mail!! - Waiting for SSN now

07/10/2006 - The big move to Ohio!!

07/11/2006 - SSN doesn't arrive in mail, Anthony applies in person

07/18/2006 - Received SSN!!

08/22/2006 - Anthony gets his Ohio drivers license - journey is finally complete!!

Read my POE Experience in Newark

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sorry guys but it DOESN'T make sense that you can be married to someone and yet have to wait up to a year before they can move to you. I can completely understand how other people might be shocked at that and not understand it. I don't think it's a stupid question to ask...logically you would think that if you are married to someone they can come and live with you.

Alas....if only it was that simple!!

Claire and Chris - 1st year together[br].png