Amazon

Call me a Pessimist..

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:devil: I see so many people extremely happy and overly delighted with the NOA2 / K1 Approval, and Congrats :star: to all those who have been approved :dance: . However, it seems to be, a bit early to be getting excited, Yes the long wait is over, for the most part, but there is still so much more to this whole process, that I find I am still stressing out. Yes fine the K1 is approved, but there is still MORE paper work to be filed, more waiting, a Medical and blood test that you have to pass, and an interview and yet more paper work. :ranting:

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, trust me, I would love to be overjoyed with my approval, but all I can think about is what can go wrong with the rest of the process :crying:

Am I the only one that feels this way ? :blush:

Edited by Amazon
eNVl.gif R8nu.gif KHYe.gif 2Gxj.gif QAfc.gif vIpQ.gif yjoB.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Every step that is completed successfully is a mile stone, so of course when you pass every mile stone, it's worth celebrating....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I definitely hear what you're saying Amazon, but I think that looking at the big picture too much in this process can actually do more harm than good.

Obviously it's necessary to know what's coming (or may be coming) so that you can prepare, but I think to keep your sanity it's sometimes necessary to put the blinders on and not try to look too far ahead--just focus on what's in front of your face. That's what I tell myself anyhow. There are always a million little things that can go wrong in this long, multi-step process. But every step that you pass takes a few of those things off the list, you know? The NOA2 has come in, so you know that you've at least filled out the paperwork well enough to get approved. It might not seem like much, but I hear those RFEs can draw things out at that level, so if you're past that I'd say that's reason to celebrate a little bit.

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of. ~Blaise Pascal

Timeline
I definitely hear what you're saying Amazon, but I think that looking at the big picture too much in this process can actually do more harm than good.

Obviously it's necessary to know what's coming (or may be coming) so that you can prepare, but I think to keep your sanity it's sometimes necessary to put the blinders on and not try to look too far ahead--just focus on what's in front of your face. That's what I tell myself anyhow. There are always a million little things that can go wrong in this long, multi-step process. But every step that you pass takes a few of those things off the list, you know? The NOA2 has come in, so you know that you've at least filled out the paperwork well enough to get approved. It might not seem like much, but I hear those RFEs can draw things out at that level, so if you're past that I'd say that's reason to celebrate a little bit.

LOL true :P , I suppose, going in baby steps will help maintain sanity :jest:

Timeline

You are not alone in your way of thinking!!! We have ALL been there!!!

I can barely remember all the stress of the K-1 process now... but at the time we were going through it, my husband (fiance then) had more fights than we have ever had since. I was always stressed and it seemed like all we ever talked about was immigration issues and it was almost too much for us.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad the whole process if finally COMPLETELY over (I'm a U.S. citizen now), except for my K-2 daughter's Naturalization process in November, 2010.

You will find that once you are finished the K-1 process, have moved to the U.S. and start living a "normal" life that things will settle down a little.

Good luck and best wishes to you both.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some see the NOA2 as a big milestone worth celebrating as it's usually the stage you wait the longest for.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm still pretty excited to be getting my Noa2 - no matter how much more comes after it - but everyone is different.

AoS...EaD...AP Journey

09.28.09 - AoS Packet Sent

09.29.09 - Packet Received

10.05.09 - Noa1 x's 3

10.06.09 - Check Cashed

10.09.09 - 3 Noa Hard Copies Arrive

10.14.09 - Biometrics Letter Arrives

10.21.09 - Case Transferred to CSC

10.26.09 - Transfer Letter Arrives

10.27..09 - Touched & Added to Uscis Site

10.28.09 - Walk-In Biometrics Done & Touched

10.29.09 - Touched

10.30.09 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment

11.02 & 11.03.09 - I485 touched

11.12.09 - EaD & AP Approved

11.16.09 - AP Letter Arrives in Mail

11.21.09 - EaD Card Arrives in Mail

12.09.09 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.09.08 - 12.09.09 - Exactly 1 year from K1 first Noa to Aos Approval

Next Step....

Lifting Conditions 9.07.11

x.xThe universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor x.x

Let me tell you that when I get my NOA2 I will be celebrating big time....it seems so long ago we filed!! I understand what you mean about all the other documents...i'm busy trying to get my head around that too in preparation....but 5 months and not a single touch?? Once I get that notification, i'm getting me a bottle of bubbly :pop:

Edited by Kirsten UK

Timeline
Let me tell you that when I get my NOA2 I will be celebrating big time....it seems so long ago we filed!! I understand what you mean about all the other documents...i'm busy trying to get my head around that too in preparation....but 5 months and not a single touch?? Once I get that notification, i'm getting me a bottle of bubbly :pop:

Hang in there, hopefully you will get your NOA2 approval any day now :thumbs:

The NOA2 is the begining of something, say you are in the right way, but look my case 6 months later and we dont have NOTHING no a single touch not a rfe, nothing mean nothing, so in this point i going to be the most happy woman in the world when my NOA2 finally come, no matter what the next step to follow, i just want to know if my file really exist to the USCIS, so this my point of view......

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well u just have to take it each step and yes i worry about the medical, just because i worry about it.. but u have to remain positive.. its how u get through it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I was so happy when we got the NOA2 ... it came much quicker than I thought it would so it was a complete surprise. We are in the AOS status now and if I think too far ahead I get completely stressed out. It is very overwhelming to stand back and look at the big picture. I try to take it all one step at a time. Each little step is something to look forward too. I always like to have something to look forward to.

Don't worry too much about the medical. The stress alone can be too much to handle and can really get you down. THINK POSITIVE and you will get through it all. I am not a paperwork kinda person, not very organized or technical... if I can do it, anyone can! :-)

Tomorrow is Louis' Biometrics appointment and the next thing I have to look forward to is a 2nd income in this house! :-) LOL

....Irie

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just be happy you are not ME. I have been waiting for 9 months now and have not heard ANYTHING.

Your life could be worse!

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

I think the NOA2 is so exciting because after that, you can TALK to people and find out information on your case. It's a huge mystery before then, but afterward you can talk to a person who will say more than 'you're within the normal processing times'. NVC and DOS are extremely helpful, and Embassies usually get back to you in a timely fashion.

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

:devil: I see so many people extremely happy and overly delighted with the NOA2 / K1 Approval, and Congrats :star: to all those who have been approved :dance: . However, it seems to be, a bit early to be getting excited, Yes the long wait is over, for the most part, but there is still so much more to this whole process, that I find I am still stressing out. Yes fine the K1 is approved, but there is still MORE paper work to be filed, more waiting, a Medical and blood test that you have to pass, and an interview and yet more paper work. :ranting:

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, trust me, I would love to be overjoyed with my approval, but all I can think about is what can go wrong with the rest of the process :crying:

Am I the only one that feels this way ? :blush:

I'm actually with you on this one!! I will celebrate the NOA2 only because then I know that USCIS will feel Tim and I have a strong relationship and mutual intent. ( And I'm going to go to SC for the month of April...and really hoping to be with Tim when we hear something...*one never knows*)

As far as the rest of it goes...I'm healthy..so I'm not worried about the medical, and I've never had a conviction, so my name will come up clean...but you just can't help but wonder..."am I going to forget something important to bring to the interview!!!???"...Guess all one can do is get everything together, and hope there are no surprises. Tim promised he'd come up and be with me for the interview...that's going to help me so much...I'm already nervous!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.