Amazon

Call me a Pessimist..

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think its a big deal cause I dont have one and have been waiting over 6 months. I'm in limbo n cannot do anything without it. I want to move forward, send away packet 3, set the medical..see progress. i want to be active and get things done. Noa1 to Noa2 is the long haul for many of us. its not the end but its a light at the end of the tunnel. its a step forward. I have been standing in the same place since July, i want to take a step! So, idk, maybe you had unrealistic expectations??

Oh and the noa2 is not the k1. the k1 is what u or your SO receives at the interview. Even once my SO is here, there is still more paperwork and stuff, but that wont matter cause we'll be together finally. I dont care about the hassle as long as i can be with my love during it!

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Let me tell you that when I get my NOA2 I will be celebrating big time....it seems so long ago we filed!! I understand what you mean about all the other documents...i'm busy trying to get my head around that too in preparation....but 5 months and not a single touch?? Once I get that notification, i'm getting me a bottle of bubbly :pop:

Hang in there, hopefully you will get your NOA2 approval any day now :thumbs:

Thanks for the positive message...good luck on the rest of your journey too!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

no one knows whose journey is the worst... i would say ive had a really tough time... but then again, how many are we?

and how many have been approved, denied, delayed, hurt, heartbroken, happily married, on the verge of divorce, duped?

to each his own.

and its all a case to case basis. one thing i can say though - weve all been there. but on different roads but the same journey.

to those still on process... be thankful for every step. a touch on the website. a letter. a notice. even an RFE.

then the medical exam... the interview.

every step is a pain in the neck. but how can we not surpass it?

nothing is impossible with hardwork, patience and love. and tons of prayers.

chin up.

keep the faith. God bless you.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think the NOA2 is so exciting because after that, you can TALK to people and find out information on your case. It's a huge mystery before then, but afterward you can talk to a person who will say more than 'you're within the normal processing times'. NVC and DOS are extremely helpful, and Embassies usually get back to you in a timely fashion.

ORLY? :blink: You mean you can actually talk to people about the status of your case? well that is something to look forward to :thumbs: Although I think its still a bit early for me to be calling them.

- Also, thank you everyone for your positive feedback and replies. I know it will be worth it once its all over and done with, its just like someone else said before on another post, about how it seems your life is now in someone elses hands and you dont really have control over it, that part does bother me, but it is like anything else. If you want it bad enough it's worth the wait :D

- I really hope that everyone who is still waiting for thier NOA2 approval gets theirs soon!!! Waiting Sux :devil:

eNVl.gif R8nu.gif KHYe.gif 2Gxj.gif QAfc.gif vIpQ.gif yjoB.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am with you on all points. This is what I just posted to another just approved I-130. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch", is my advise to others, but do keep positive. ;)

:devil: I see so many people extremely happy and overly delighted with the NOA2 / K1 Approval, and Congrats :star: to all those who have been approved :dance: . However, it seems to be, a bit early to be getting excited, Yes the long wait is over, for the most part, but there is still so much more to this whole process, that I find I am still stressing out. Yes fine the K1 is approved, but there is still MORE paper work to be filed, more waiting, a Medical and blood test that you have to pass, and an interview and yet more paper work. :ranting:

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, trust me, I would love to be overjoyed with my approval, but all I can think about is what can go wrong with the rest of the process :crying:

Am I the only one that feels this way ? :blush:

NONEOFYOURBUSINESS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:devil: I see so many people extremely happy and overly delighted with the NOA2 / K1 Approval, and Congrats :star: to all those who have been approved :dance: . However, it seems to be, a bit early to be getting excited, Yes the long wait is over, for the most part, but there is still so much more to this whole process, that I find I am still stressing out. Yes fine the K1 is approved, but there is still MORE paper work to be filed, more waiting, a Medical and blood test that you have to pass, and an interview and yet more paper work. :ranting:

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, trust me, I would love to be overjoyed with my approval, but all I can think about is what can go wrong with the rest of the process :crying:

Even looked at as a whole, it really ain't all that bad from here on out. The paperwork seems like there's a lot, but there really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that I really thought was bad was the not throwing away of ANYTHING. It was such a relief to be able to BURN all those chat logs, emails, phone records, receipts, plane ticket stubs, and all that stuff.

Just sit down and fill out the stuff as you get it. It's not that big of a deal. Good luck! And congratulations on your NOA2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Even looked at as a whole, it really ain't all that bad from here on out. The paperwork seems like there's a lot, but there really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that I really thought was bad was the not throwing away of ANYTHING. It was such a relief to be able to BURN all those chat logs, emails, phone records, receipts, plane ticket stubs, and all that stuff.

Just sit down and fill out the stuff as you get it. It's not that big of a deal. Good luck! And congratulations on your NOA2!

Thank you, Will do :innocent:

eNVl.gif R8nu.gif KHYe.gif 2Gxj.gif QAfc.gif vIpQ.gif yjoB.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.