Fatima and Syed

OMG! Approved and no AP! Pakistan!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My husband woke up bright and early and went to the embassy on 01/26/09! He got there 4 hours early and he was told to wait. He got to his officer for the interview finally and was very nervous. (I did not go with him to the interview, I am still in the USA). At any rate they asked him over 30 questions. 1. How long did you know your wife before you met her? 2. What is your wife's full name? 3. Why do you love your wife and why did you want to marry an American? 4. What made you go online to meet a wife to relocate to the USA? 5. Can I see some evidence of your marriage?<-Just to name a few of his questions. The interviewer was an American man with dark hair and he was very stern voiced. He told my husband he was approved and could pick up his visa and passport in a few weeks. So, I guess no AP! :dance: Edited by Fatima and Syed

"We met each other by accident, but our love is surely not an accident".

---8----------><3"Struck by Cupid's arrow 01/04/2006"<3<---------8---

>Thanks Cupid! This one's a keeper!<

:-)*Giggles* :-)

"Fatima & Syed"<3<--><3 "Two beautiful hearts beating as one <3<3"

*Thanks to the creator who brings true love to those who await it patiently and accept it with an open heart, open arms, and an open mind.....

Filed: Timeline
My husband woke up bright and early and went to the embassy on 01/26/09! He got there 4 hours early and he was told to wait. He got to his officer for the interview finally and was very nervous. (I did not go with him to the interview, I am still in the USA). At any rate they asked him over 30 questions. 1. How long did you know your wife before you met her? 2. What is your wife's full name? 3. Why do you love your wife and why did you want to marry an American? 4. What made you go online to meet a wife to relocate to the USA? 5. Can I see some evidence of your marriage?<-Just to name a few of his questions. The interviewer was an American man with dark hair and he was very stern voiced. He told my husband he was approved and could pick up his visa and passport in a few weeks. So, I guess no AP! :dance:

Ok, how did he get out of AP?

Congrats to you but if my man gets AP I am going to be royally ticked off!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :dance::dance::dance:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My husband woke up bright and early and went to the embassy on 01/26/09! He got there 4 hours early and he was told to wait. He got to his officer for the interview finally and was very nervous. (I did not go with him to the interview, I am still in the USA). At any rate they asked him over 30 questions. 1. How long did you know your wife before you met her? 2. What is your wife's full name? 3. Why do you love your wife and why did you want to marry an American? 4. What made you go online to meet a wife to relocate to the USA? 5. Can I see some evidence of your marriage?<-Just to name a few of his questions. The interviewer was an American man with dark hair and he was very stern voiced. He told my husband he was approved and could pick up his visa and passport in a few weeks. So, I guess no AP! :dance:

Ok, how did he get out of AP?

Congrats to you but if my man gets AP I am going to be royally ticked off!

He didn't get out of AP. He was told he could pick up his visa in a few weeks, not a couple days. That means AP and a few weeks may or may not be accurate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Congratulations!!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MashAllahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline
He told my husband he was approved and could pick up his visa and passport in a few weeks. So, I guess no AP!

Congratulations on the interview and your above quote does not mean he will not have AP. Just do not make any plans until the visa is in hand since I have seen this happen and the security checks do not clear as soon as they expected. Some are very lucky with no AP but until the visa is in hand you cannot say that you escaped it.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations :)

AoS...EaD...AP Journey

09.28.09 - AoS Packet Sent

09.29.09 - Packet Received

10.05.09 - Noa1 x's 3

10.06.09 - Check Cashed

10.09.09 - 3 Noa Hard Copies Arrive

10.14.09 - Biometrics Letter Arrives

10.21.09 - Case Transferred to CSC

10.26.09 - Transfer Letter Arrives

10.27..09 - Touched & Added to Uscis Site

10.28.09 - Walk-In Biometrics Done & Touched

10.29.09 - Touched

10.30.09 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment

11.02 & 11.03.09 - I485 touched

11.12.09 - EaD & AP Approved

11.16.09 - AP Letter Arrives in Mail

11.21.09 - EaD Card Arrives in Mail

12.09.09 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.09.08 - 12.09.09 - Exactly 1 year from K1 first Noa to Aos Approval

Next Step....

Lifting Conditions 9.07.11

x.xThe universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor x.x

Filed: Timeline

Hello Fatimah and Syed.....I think he may still get AP. I think in a few weeks you better call and check up on his status or however you do it. Talk to some of the others. Find out if they said weeks or days. Does Approved just mean he did not get denied and maybe they are still checking things? I would not get overly excited until he actually has his passport in his hand. I guess the interview went well though atleast. Good luck!

Timeline
What's "AP"?

And what do you mean evidence of marriage? You 2 are already married? Then that's not a K visa...

AP is called Administrative Processing/Additional Administrative Processing depending on the form. It is your AP the fingerprints and name checks in many data bases. It also can be concerning your education, job, travels (if you are frequent traveler) and if you are mixed marriage a more indepth check of the marriage. Persons coming from certain countries that are considered terrorist or high fraud have to be scrutinized more closely and they end up in AP which can last days, weeks, months and in some rare cases years. Pakistan falls into one of the AP countries and it is rare that a male applicant gets his visa without any delays.

Some do get the visa shortly after interview but it is always safe to not make any plans or say your did not get caught in AP until that visa is in hand.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

very nice and congrats.....but we all know how that goes sorry to say a couple of weeks maybe couple or .....more...... but your on your way to the end

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
What's "AP"?

And what do you mean evidence of marriage? You 2 are already married? Then that's not a K visa...

I also wondering what is AP. I noticed people in this forum use allot of Acronyms

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Timeline

Thanks for such a nice and detail explaination. I am begining to like this forum. I learned quite allot here.

What's "AP"?

AP is called Administrative Processing/Additional Administrative Processing depending on the form. It is your AP the fingerprints and name checks in many data bases. It also can be concerning your education, job, travels (if you are frequent traveler) and if you are mixed marriage a more indepth check of the marriage. Persons coming from certain countries that are considered terrorist or high fraud have to be scrutinized more closely and they end up in AP which can last days, weeks, months and in some rare cases years. Pakistan falls into one of the AP countries and it is rare that a male applicant gets his visa without any delays.

Some do get the visa shortly after interview but it is always safe to not make any plans or say your did not get caught in AP until that visa is in hand.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.