Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Wohoo! :dance:

Totally OT, but Sebas is coming on an all-sports year. We have

-Longhorns are ranked #2 this year

-Chicago bears (Justin's originally from Chicago, and he's a Bears fan) have a new quarterback that is really good and has everyone excited

-and then the World Cup! :star:

Poor baby is going to have a ton of sports tshirts and hats :lol:

@HLM: That'd be awesome! Just don't have your baby before I do, or I'll never forgive you :lol::P

@chnst: That's cute! Sending you some extra patience good vibes :star:

Saludos,

Caro

yeah exciting, but I'd hate if little Sebas has to watch Argentina getting defeated by Germany again.... :innocent::lol:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Wohoo! :dance:

Totally OT, but Sebas is coming on an all-sports year. We have

-Longhorns are ranked #2 this year

-Chicago bears (Justin's originally from Chicago, and he's a Bears fan) have a new quarterback that is really good and has everyone excited

-and then the World Cup! :star:

Poor baby is going to have a ton of sports tshirts and hats :lol:

@HLM: That'd be awesome! Just don't have your baby before I do, or I'll never forgive you :lol::P

@chnst: That's cute! Sending you some extra patience good vibes :star:

Saludos,

Caro

yeah exciting, but I'd hate if little Sebas has to watch Argentina getting defeated by Germany again.... :innocent::lol:

Oh no you didn't!!!!!!! :bonk:

:lol:

Revenge is a dish best served cold...2010 is the year of Messi :devil:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Revenge is a dish best served cold...2010 is the year of Messi :devil:

:thumbs: Messi is like a god in our house. :lol: (but I will always root for Italia!)

My quarter-italianess concurs :D:thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh yeah...it's the world cup again. Germany is gonna come in SECOND...as usual :lol: . I'm rooting for 'black red gold' anyway...how could I not?

@Chnst: Sorry for the tantrum. I'm glad Adam isn't a big flipper outer, even though we were a freak show again at HEB yesterday. He cried ALL THE WAY through there. So annoying and people must think I'm total unable to keep my kids quiet. I don't know what happened to him but he topped it all with peeing his pants a little at the checkout :rofl: . I got him a 'porta potty" http://www.potette.com/more.htm but all I ever use is the bags. They are plastic bags that go onto the potty and they have a liner, kinda like the diaper stuff, inside so it sucks up pee right away. Well, I always let Adam pee in the bag when there's no potty around. So I stripped him down in the car and he happily peed in the bag. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i had the most cute dream about Ben the other night. First he was in one of those small baby pool, you know, in the water playing, then after that he said mamae, which is mommy in portuguese, i thought maybe i heard it wrong, but then he started to say it nonstop lol so cute

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Oh yeah...it's the world cup again. Germany is gonna come in SECOND...as usual :lol: . I'm rooting for 'black red gold' anyway...how could I not?

@Chnst: Sorry for the tantrum. I'm glad Adam isn't a big flipper outer, even though we were a freak show again at HEB yesterday. He cried ALL THE WAY through there. So annoying and people must think I'm total unable to keep my kids quiet. I don't know what happened to him but he topped it all with peeing his pants a little at the checkout :rofl: . I got him a 'porta potty" http://www.potette.com/more.htm but all I ever use is the bags. They are plastic bags that go onto the potty and they have a liner, kinda like the diaper stuff, inside so it sucks up pee right away. Well, I always let Adam pee in the bag when there's no potty around. So I stripped him down in the car and he happily peed in the bag. Oh the joys of motherhood.

What is HEB? I don't know what happened to my little happy-go-lucky kid. There's all this attitude all of a sudden and he gets really upset when he can't do everything by himself. Like, he wants a banana and I peel it a little for him, but he bugs out, and refuses to eat it because he thinks he can peel it himself. If I let him try by himself he gets frustrated after a while and either way the banana ends up mushed and uneaten in the garbage and Ben is rotating on the floor screaming hysterically, real tears and all.

Part of me feels sorry because he looks at me like I just don't understand him.

I was looking at the potty in a catalog today, so funny that Adam will just pee in the bag! I should really start potty training Ben after our poop success, but I am so unmotivated.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

@HLM: Sometimes I'm not willing to head home. Like when I'm grocery shopping, I'm not going back home jsut to head out with both kids again an hour later. I talk to Adam and try to calm him down..I make him get groceries for me but a lot of times he gets distracted. No attention span hehe. Yesterday was an exception though. He's usually not like that at all.

@Chnst: HEB is our supermarket. It's a TX thing I think. Adam did the same with the banana issue...He doesn't rotate on the floor though but just cried and whined all he could. He's a lot better now but of course there's always something new that pops up. A mom in my playgroup once said to me "It doesn't get easier...it only gets different".

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

@HLM: to be honest, I didn't know how to react! My initial thought was to grab the kid and run, but like Eveline said, you can't always just leave. And he is still too young to reason with. If I say "that's it, we're leaving" he does not care because he doesn't know what it means. I had to pay, clean up the mess, apologize to the people behind me and the cashier went to get him a new "milk-box" (can someone please tell the me appropriate word? It sounds so weird!). Ben was screaming and kicking the whole time. I had no clue what to do and I was so embarrassed!

@Eveline: haha I will remember that. I was hoping it would get easier but it really does not! oh boy...

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, i think our boys are hitting the terrible 2's early bc zaid has been acting the same. If i even talk to him when he is eating in his high chair he throws his food around, if I try to help with something he throws himself to the ground, he also hits alot of other kids. We have been implementing time out. I even did it at the grocery store the other day. He is learning slowly but it is effective, the other day he pretended to hit my nephew and i looked at him sternly and asked him if he wanted to go in time out and he walked himself to the corner and stood there. :) Be patient. Disregard the arseholes in public who make comments like "so help me god if my kid ever did that" all kids go thru this stage.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Did y'all hear about the guy who slapped a 2year old girl at walmart? #######....http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?&entry_id=46751

Adam is now old enough to understand what it means when I tell him "we're leaving". He always goes..."No mama...no go home" :lol: but I only had to do it once so far. I guess you figure out strategies as time goes by. It's learning by doing. Where's the manual with the kids??? There wasn't one included in the boxes my kids came in :rofl: .

I think terrible twos start somewhere around 15 months :yes:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah the lack of manual makes our lives complicated.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congrats on your girl JayJay!!

i fed Molly her first rice cereal tonight, she wasnt sure at first but then kept opening her mouth for more...she liked it :) last night was her first night of sleeping through the night, she fell asleep at 8pm and didnt wake up till 5.30am...i definatly like that!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you guys have room for one more? My fiance and I are currently expecting a little girl =D We are thrilled!

Now Im just even more nervous to visit him and cross the POE being blatantly pregnant , or with a newborn at hand

Sara

Immigrating the other way around... from US to Canada

March 07 - Met playing Final Fantasy XI, and were friends for a while

Sept 08 - We knew things were going somewhere

Nov 08 - He was home from his mid-tour leave from the USAF for a month, I visited for 5 days in Florida

Nov 08 - A week later, I flew back to Florida for another almost 2 weeks before he had to go back oversea's

Dec 08 - We knew we wanted to marry eachother =)

April 09 - I flew to Utah when he flew in from oversea's and he was seperating from the USAF and drove back with him to FL till July 09

and began his passport application so he can come visit me in Canada too

May 09 - Ooops! Birth Control in April didnt work very well..... Baby Girl on the way =D

July 09 - Had to say our goodbyes , yet again :( Hoping to see eachother again Sept 09