Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Really Twila? Where in VT?

We've never been to that zoo, but it looks really fun from what I've seen online.

I have to say, it has been nice being fairly close to hubby's country (even though he is from the opposite side). We used to take trips over the Derby Line to Stanstead and go grocery shopping for yummy Canadian food.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Twila,

We had the same issue with needing so many car seats. We looked into safety ratings and found an inexpensive brand called cosco for sofs car and my dads.. Most stores carry them.. They do not have a lot of padding, but, definitly are comfortable for the baby. They are rear facing from 5-22lbs and forward to about 40 or so I believe. We have been using them since zaid was 6 months old and I will say no complaints thus far. We do have a britax for my car for longer car rides, etc, but buying 3 of them would have been ridiculous for us.

On the travel systems. DO YOUR RESEARCH ... lol. We didnt and bought an evenflo aura and i HATE IT. I do get a lot of use out of the stroller now but infant carriers get soo heavy soo fast, and zaid hated laying down all the time. As soon as zaid could sit up in the grocery carts at 5 months I switched to a convertible. He was a much happier baby.. I couldnt imagine not having a stroller. Zaid is sooo nosy and has to see EVERYTHING no matter where we go, mall, zoo, shopping, etc. He loves his stroller and its nice and compact and easy to fold up and down.

For the moms to be. I would just recommend reading reviews. You will only learn thru trial and error and you will find many things you bought were never even used. Its all part of being a new mom :)

ETA. My sister recently bought a Chicco brand travel system and swears by it. Might be something to look in to.

Edited by ZaidsMommy

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

My sister recently bought a Chicco brand travel system and swears by it. Might be something to look in to.

that's what i have, the cortina, and i love it too. for the money, it's a very nice travel system. i've put a lot of miles on that stroller in the last year, and it's held up great. and it has lots of room in the bottom basket for shopping bags, diaper bag, purse, etc.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

lol i remember when i started counting the days. when it gets to 30 it starts taking forever

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Yaads! It is looking pretty definite for the trip. The only thing that would stop us is if we can't find a hotel.

All of the stress of the past year finally hit me today and I have really been feeling awful. I am looking forward to getting away so much and to one weekend of not stressing.

Definitely sounds like you could use a trip! A stress free weekend!

I am definitely hoping that my next baby will allow me to baby wear :)

Ya know, I wonder if some of Declan's problems with that was due to his diaphragm/chest issue. On that note, I got a call from his surgeon this morning. She reviewed his recent follow up x ray and said his diaphragm looks fine! Yay!!!

That is a blessing!!! :dance:

Timeline
Nessa - The Ultimate Baby Wrap looks really nice. Does it take a while to figure out how to wrap it? How easy was it to learn?

the first time it probably took 20 min, no kidding. they give you an instructional video, but still, it's kinda tricky. the next 2 times it took me quite some time, but then it gets easier. it still takes more time than I'd like to and for now, I don't see myself going anywhere with it. I prefer to wear the sling or have Ben in his car seat or his stroller. I can't imagine getting out of the car and trying to put that wrap on. But when Ben outgrows the sling, and I want to use the wrap to go grocery shopping for example, I'll probably leave the house with it and just put the baby on when i get to the place.

Wow :o So I should buy now and start practicing! Thanks for the info...one more question. Does all that extra fabric make you hot? I am due in August and I am thinking about how warm it will be and if a wrap with all that fabric is even practical in warmer weather.

Timeline
89 days to go :wow:

Saludos,

Caro

Woohoo!!! :dance:

I hadn't look at it in days but I only have 65 to go :huh: Wow that sure doesn't seem like a lot left to go! :wow: I have so much to do. And how weird to think I have been preggo for 215 days already :o

Edited by Yaads

Timeline
For the moms to be. I would just recommend reading reviews. You will only learn thru trial and error and you will find many things you bought were never even used. Its all part of being a new mom :)

Thanks! It sure is overwhelming honestly. Even reading all the reviews I don't know which to go with but like you said it's going to be more trial and error than anything.

Re: carseats - did anyone buy a carseat and then find out it didn't fit in your car? Are the bases pretty universal or is there some way to figure out what style/brand will fit in our cars?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Really Twila? Where in VT?

We've never been to that zoo, but it looks really fun from what I've seen online.

I have to say, it has been nice being fairly close to hubby's country (even though he is from the opposite side). We used to take trips over the Derby Line to Stanstead and go grocery shopping for yummy Canadian food.

I was born and lived in VT until I was 21. My hometown is about 30 minutes outside of Burlington. I have been to Canada and Montreal sooooooo much. There is a great amusement park in Montreal, if you want something fun to do one time as well.

Twila,

We had the same issue with needing so many car seats. We looked into safety ratings and found an inexpensive brand called cosco for sofs car and my dads.. Most stores carry them.. They do not have a lot of padding, but, definitly are comfortable for the baby. They are rear facing from 5-22lbs and forward to about 40 or so I believe. We have been using them since zaid was 6 months old and I will say no complaints thus far. We do have a britax for my car for longer car rides, etc, but buying 3 of them would have been ridiculous for us.

Yeah...I've been doing a little research and the Cosco Scenera is affordable and one of the only convertible seats that has never had a recall. It will probably be what we go with.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dylans carseat is an Evenflo comfort touch convertible and its awesome, i went on Amazon the other day and found an awesome Evenflo pink/brown convertible carseat for Molly, it was 55 bucks orginally 100 and it is brand new....i know she wont need it for a few months but for that price i would be crazy not to get it...plus living in the house now we can store it in the attic till shes ready for it

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
:dance:

:D

lol i remember when i started counting the days. when it gets to 30 it starts taking forever

Yeah, I'm going to be huge, so the last month is going to drag on forever!

Woohoo!!! :dance:

I hadn't look at it in days but I only have 65 to go :huh: Wow that sure doesn't seem like a lot left to go! :wow: I have so much to do. And how weird to think I have been preggo for 215 days already :o

When are you having your baby shower? Are you decorating the nursery? :)

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline
Wow :o So I should buy now and start practicing! Thanks for the info...one more question. Does all that extra fabric make you hot? I am due in August and I am thinking about how warm it will be and if a wrap with all that fabric is even practical in warmer weather.

well, it's another layer, the same as if you were wearing a husband beater on top of whatever u will be wearing, plus the baby in contact with your body will make u even warmer. But if you're due in august, you'll probably start wearing it in spetember, and the weather will start getting nice.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
well, it's another layer, the same as if you were wearing a husband beater on top of whatever u will be wearing, plus the baby in contact with your body will make u even warmer. But if you're due in august, you'll probably start wearing it in spetember, and the weather will start getting nice.

:huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!