Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ick Dylan is in the midst of the terrible twos, screaming at me...temper tantrums...horrible behaviour.....time outs are frequent!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
ick Dylan is in the midst of the terrible twos, screaming at me...temper tantrums...horrible behaviour.....time outs are frequent!

omg I hear you sister! I am constantly on the verge of tears with Eman. I pray to God everyday to give me the strength to get through this. I have become an expert on breathing techniques...hehe...

He just told me "Mommy give me the vase over there so I can break it."

Edited by Nizzy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL Nizzy, I know it's not funny, but maybe it helps if I tell you you're not alone. Ben is only 13 months old and had such a terrible temper tantrum when I changed his diaper today, you could think I hit him. He screamed so hard, he stopped breathing and started coughing. How dare I change his diaper. It sometimes scares me to think about the terrible twos.... He has been such a happy happy baby and all of a sudden there is this attitude. :unsure: It's a roller coaster ride with him- he wants to be entertained every single minute and all of a sudden went from a good eater to a picky eater. Then when I just think I can't take his fits anylonger he is a perfect little angel for a few weeks until he gives me a new sort of hell. :wacko: I guess every child's personality is different and there is not much else to do than count to ten and pray it's over soon. :P My sister has 2 girls- the first was the most easygoing child in the world (still is) and the second girl was a hellraiser from day one. They are both great kids, just totally different personalities.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess Adam never did hit the terrible terrible part of the terrible twos. He does throw fits but is easily distracted or he screams his head of which I try to ignore...successfully. He never cries for long and after a short time out he's ready to behave again. He also eats good and is very nice with other kids, he doesn't scratch, bite, spit, hit, kick etc other kids...maybe I'm lucky with him and I'll get payback with Allie.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline
LOL Nizzy, I know it's not funny, but maybe it helps if I tell you you're not alone. Ben is only 13 months old and had such a terrible temper tantrum when I changed his diaper today, you could think I hit him. He screamed so hard, he stopped breathing and started coughing. How dare I change his diaper. It sometimes scares me to think about the terrible twos.... He has been such a happy happy baby and all of a sudden there is this attitude. :unsure: It's a roller coaster ride with him- he wants to be entertained every single minute and all of a sudden went from a good eater to a picky eater. Then when I just think I can't take his fits anylonger he is a perfect little angel for a few weeks until he gives me a new sort of hell. :wacko: I guess every child's personality is different and there is not much else to do than count to ten and pray it's over soon. :P My sister has 2 girls- the first was the most easygoing child in the world (still is) and the second girl was a hellraiser from day one. They are both great kids, just totally different personalities.

It does help to know it's not just me going through this. A lot of times I feel that I am a bad mom but then I hear others with the same experience and it cheers me up. That sounds kind of weird, doesn't it?

Eveline: Oh he is really good in that department. He is not abusive at all. He is really shy around other kids.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nizzy: oh no, don't feel bad for one minute. When I see a mom out struggling with a screaming toddler, I want to give her a hug. A lot of times people just give these mothers mean looks, like its their fault their child acts like a brat. Of course I don't mean mothers who instigate the outburst or give in to that behavior.

I believe it is each individual childs' personality. It still is hard to stay calm and not take it personal. I try to ignore it and distract him and luckily it worked so far. He is pretty good as long as he is busy and not bored.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline
@Nizzy: oh no, don't feel bad for one minute. When I see a mom out struggling with a screaming toddler, I want to give her a hug. A lot of times people just give these mothers mean looks, like its their fault their child acts like a brat. Of course I don't mean mothers who instigate the outburst or give in to that behavior.

I believe it is each individual childs' personality. It still is hard to stay calm and not take it personal. I try to ignore it and distract him and luckily it worked so far. He is pretty good as long as he is busy and not bored.

I ignore as much as possible and always try to keep him busy. He likes to get into EVERYTHING that I am doing. If I am cutting something on the chopping board, he wants the knife so he can do it. I just give him plastic utensils and let him go at it with veggies and fruits. It's so hard though when I come home from a long day at work and a long drive and he throws a tantrum.

When I see moms struggling with their child I will go up to them and try to soothe them. A lot of times they get real quiet and stare at me like "what is this stranger doing?" I know where the mom's are coming from and I feel bad for them.

I agree with you, it has to do with the child's personality a lot of the times. If he throws a tantrum at the store I will stop and grab and him and leave (if possible). Especially when hubby is with me since he can continue shopping. I take him to the car and talk to him about what he has done. It has worked and now when he acts out I give him a warning and he will quiet up. I just try to take it one day at a time. It's like every other day he acts out. Yesterday he was perfect but today he is throwing a fit over everything. Thank God hubby is home from work now so they are out with his remote control car playing so I can take a much needed break.

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Sofia is just 2 months and a half but you can tell that she gets what she wants, I know is our fault . She loves to be walkEd all the time so she can see around and when we get tired of it and sit down she start screaming! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? She is just a baby!!! I don't want to imagine what will happen when she turns two.

Hubby is not helping so much either, everytime we go out he gets something from her, he runs to the baby aisle and get some clothes or toys for Sofia I keep telling him that we don't need this or that but he gets it anyway :bonk: .

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

bumpedi bump

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you ladies for all your advice! I might've got a little much of O-3 :unsure: So I will buy more in the 6-9 from now on. I didn't but long sleeve onesies yet I should look for them. This was very helpful thank you all again.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Gymboree currently has a sale going on, 30% off everything, even stuff that is already reduced, just throwing it in here since we are talking about clothes :)

We had to buy preemie clothes for the first two weeks, then were in newborn for 3 weeks, then 0-3 months only for a very short period of time and when he was 4 months old we were in 6-9 months clothes. Jona is now wearing 12-18 months, tendency: it is getting short. I like onesies, but for sleeping I prefer the footsies: just one piece of clothing that doesn't put pressure on the belly or on the feet (as socks can do). Jona sleeps much more comfy in those and his sleeping bag.

We got wonderful sleeping bags from Germany, but an American company makes similar ones for winter: www.babyinabag.com I hadn't seen any like those in the stores here.

Jona had a couple more random "mamas" yesterday, though both and my husband agree it is not aimed to mean mama, but it is cute anyways :luv: He started to like outlets so we had to get those baby proof thingies to sick into outlets in the motel room.... Luckily Friday we move into the house and will babyproof everything!

Apropos, did any of you secure furniture at the wall? I know it is recommended and will be a PITA, how did you do it? Does Home Depot sell things to do it? Ikea furniture comes with those security fasteners. I also ordered a couple of baby gates at Amazon, they are well priced. We love the hands-free ones (you have to step on the bottom to open it, step really hard, I have to put all my body weight on it!). Let's see if the cat will figure out that she can just jump over that thing :P

@ Vi: I don't think Sofia is spoiled in any way... At that age, they want to be held, and don't forget, she is a preemie, so she has a chronological age, and a gestational age, so she really is a bit younger than it appears. Do you have a sling or baby carrier? It will help a lot. I bought one early on and had Jona in the maitei (it's easier to use for me blondie, lol; brand: babyhawk.com). You carry your baby with you and have your hands free. I cook, shop, walk, do everything while he is in there. Hubbie carries Jona in it too (only at home cause he thinks our meitai has a girlie pattern, sigh), e.g. while cooking or cleaning the carpet. Don't worry about spoiling her at that age, you can't. Babies don't have the brain development yet to manipulate. Toddlers can try, but babies can't really. And as soon as they get mobile, they want to be on the floor anyways. Jona loves to crawl and explore eversince he can move!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we took molly to the OB department yesterday at the hospital for a weight check....she was 8lbs 2 oz at birth 4 weeks ago....she now weighs 10lbs 1 oz!!! wow

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey you guys, just checking how's everybody doing.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Enzo is doing great. Yesterday, we were all eating spaghetti when Enzo started crying in his swing. Well, we brought him to the table as he likes to sometimes be part of the party. He was watching us eat the spaghetti, twirling it with the fork and spoon and lo and behold, he starts turning his arm and wrist like we were. Wow! :blink: Smart kid. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@staashi: aww such a clever boy.

@chrissy: wow, she's growing a lot. congrats.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline