Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Chnst: That is nice, donating the paci to squirrels, my parents on their ped's advice took me to the dentist who gave me a lecture and collected my pacis. NO need to say I still hate dentists!

aww that breaks my heart... I threw one pacifier out the car window and my dad explained that la ittle bird is going to give it to his baby, so the next day I gave my other pacifier to the birdies LOL. I think they gave me a gift for my "graciousness." :lol:

my sister was a thumb sucker until she was around 6. My mom tried everything to stop her but it was really hard and it messed up her teeth. She had to have those really dark-gray permanent braces with one of those "frames" that go around her face forever.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
oh wow, than god for tricare, i just checked the website and my cs plus hospital was over 4k n ben's hospital plus ped was over 1k

My 7 days in the hospital with 3 days in Labor and Delivery, OR costs with the C/S and then 3 days recovery was $27K - Enzo's 5-day stay in the NICU was 14K - dayum!!! I only had a $250 copay for everything. :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wow!

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im all for pacis and as Stef mentioned, alot of kids who wont take one turn into finger suckers, and you cant just take away their fingers ya know? Zaid refused a paci no matter how hard i tried and at about 3 months he started sucking his first 2 fingers. He stil does it to this day, it is his vice. It urks me when he does it bc he has 2 blisters on his little fingers from doing it. Any time he sees ANYTHING he affiliates with going "night night" he IMMEDIATELY plugs his fingers into his mouth. A blanket, pillow, a stuffed toy, even if he finds a bib, he wil put the bib upto his cheek and start to suck. I am foreseeing a big problem with it...especially since he gave up the bottle by 11 months, he no longer has anything to suck on except his fingers. My idea is if he is still doing it by 18 months I am going to start rubbing vaseline on them. He will hate that, and it wont harm him, so hopefully it would discourage him from doing it.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

i wont let him finger suck. i'll introduce pacifier if he starts.

i lost 14lbs in 2 weeks. 24 to go :dead: hopefully by july. i want to fit on my work pants when i go back

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i wont let him finger suck. i'll introduce pacifier if he starts.

i lost 14lbs in 2 weeks. 24 to go :dead: hopefully by july. i want to fit on my work pants when i go back

i remember the week after i had Dylan i went to the docs and i had last 26 pounds in a week, i had pre eclampsia with him and retained a ####### load of water!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

that's what usually happen with pregnant women, they gain weight during the 3rd trimester, which is when they're retaining water. so in the end, that's not real weight gain, it's not fat, it's the baby + blood increase, water, placenta etc, so for them, losing 20, 30 lbs right after birth is normal.

my weight gain was real weight. i gained it all during my 2nd trimester. i gained nothing during the thirs or the first, so the weight stayed on because it was a mix of baby, etc plus real fat.

i know that because my thighs r huge, my arms are bigger, and so is my hips n the fat around it. so i expect it to be way more difficult from now on to lose the weight. but i'll do it with a healthy diet (not restricted because of the baby) n exercise once he reaches 6 weeks.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nessa, i will say that every child is different and chances are ben wont ever suck his fingers but when zaid started to I gave him a paci again and he didnt even know what to do with it. He wouldnt even accept it into his mouth. It was almost like it disgusted him, and that was at 3 months old.

On the tooth brushing, zaid has 8 teeth now and we use a toddler toothbrush. He enjoys it very much and likes to practice on his own. lol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Kavi never really got into the pacifier even though he was mostly bottle fed. When we was really little, he would suck on it once in awhile. Let's say we were heading home from a store and he was getting hungry, I would have to give it to him for the 5 min drive until I could give him his bottle, etc. But after he was a few months old, he didn't want it ever. He has never sucked his fingers as of yet.

A week after having Kavi, I had lost about 11lbs and was still retaining water b/c of the c-section. I had hoped to see a lot less on the scale!! At my 6 week postpartum appt, I was 20lbs down. But still had almost 20 more to go(gained almost 40lbs including water weight, gained the most the last 2 months). I know I gained some fat, and it was mostly the last 2 months of my pregnancy hehe. The Holidays were near the end of my pregnancy and I did not hold back. I think some did automatically go away within another month or two without trying. But then I had to try, and I am now almost 20 lbs under what I weighed when I got pregnant. I didn't start out thin though, so my best bet is to just keep going down. :P It's been a slow process but I don't care how slow it goes as long as the scale goes down and not up. :D

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

the thing about pacifier is that i keep reading about babies denying breast after that and that we should wait a few weeks to start with it. some say wait 6 weeks, so I'll see how much long i'll wait.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

so far this pregnancy i have gained 20lbs, which i had actually lost right before i got pregnant, so thankfully i've only gained back the weight i had lost!! with Dylan i gained 60 pounds..crazy!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Nessa, i will say that every child is different and chances are ben wont ever suck his fingers but when zaid started to I gave him a paci again and he didnt even know what to do with it. He wouldnt even accept it into his mouth. It was almost like it disgusted him, and that was at 3 months old.

On the tooth brushing, zaid has 8 teeth now and we use a toddler toothbrush. He enjoys it very much and likes to practice on his own. lol

I totally agree with your post. From some posts it sounds like moms 'let' their babies suck fingers. It's not like that at all. Allie refused a paci at the hospital after birth then she took it for a good 8 weeks and eventually started sucking her thumb. She does not know what to do with a paci. I just yesterday gave her one of Adam's pacis and she just blew air through the holes on it and started playing with it but not sucking. Adam on the other hand is HOOKED on his paci. He won't go to bed without it, there's drama when we can't find it and at the last dentist appointment we were told that he is starting to have an overbite because of it. Getting rid of the paci is a pain in the #######. I actually let him cry for 1.5hours straight once because I was hoping he'd go to sleep without a paci. Guess what...he was up until he got that thing and crashed once it was in his mouth. We'll eventually tie them to a balloon and say good bye to it.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline
@ anna: charles has tricare prime through his employer. From what I understood by speaking to tricare yesterday was that we have 60 days of tricare prime automatically and then it becomes standard. I think Charles would have to enroll him on his insurance to become prime, he's not enrolled automatically to charles insurance once he's born.

no charles does not.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

@charles: yeah yeah, through military, someone who gives u a paycheck, i was almost right :P

my upper back is hurting lately. at first my boobs were getting gigantic, but they were not heavy like they r right now, plus when i was sitting down they'd rest on my belly lol. but now, dayum, it's like i'm carrying 2 cantaloupe. it's also probably having to hold him with one arm only.

then today i went to the commissary wearing a sling. it was just too much too early for me. now i'm really in pain.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline