• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got back from my Dr appointment, everything is good, they did a none stress test and the baby sounds wonderful. i only gained under a pound so thats good...and my c-section is officially scheduled!!! May 11th at 7.30 in the morning.....scared but ohh so excited.

on a side note i signed papers a few weeks ago to get my tubes tied while they are doing the c-section. Hubby and i talked long and hard and know that 2 kids is our number

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Best of Luck Staashi!! hope you have a quick and safe delivery...Take lots of pics!!! :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had the OB appt the morning of March 25th and I was already 4cm 70% effaced and contractions were mild but 6-7mins apart. At that point my Ob wanted me to go straight to L&D. Being the rebel I am and having a complete need for a sanity check at that point, my nesting instinct wanted me to 'take' care of some chores before we headed down.

So we went to IKEA had lunch, bought a dresser and walked for an hour, got home and moved furniture from DS's room so DH could tear the carpet up and get the new carpet laid in there. At around 8pm I decided I needed to wash all the sheets! So I did. At about 2am with contractions intensifying and now 5 mins apart, the last load of blankets were in the dryer we headed to L&D.

We had a witch of a triage nurse who made me walk 2 hours and wait till 7am before admitting me into L&D. About this time contractions are still intensifying and 3mins apart.

I was in L&D 2 hours when my OB came to check on me and suggested breaking the waters to speed things along, I agreed and an hour later decided I was going to try to walk and move around. At this point I am still doing natural labor. Breathing through each contraction and dealing with it all quite well. There are monitors in the hallway that shows who is in each room and if they have an epidural or not. Out of 10 rooms I was the only one natural!

At 1pm the nurse checked me and I am 6cm dilated breathing through very contraction and basically still comfortable. In walks my OB and suggests I have pitocin to speed things up even more due to the fact that I have been there 12 hours now. I DEMAND an epidural at this point if he is going to use pitocin and so at 2pm they hooked me up and I promptly fell asleep!

I woke up 2 hours later with a tingling sensation but couldn't feel contractions, OB checked and I am already fully dilated but he turns my epidural off so they can turn down my dosage

At 5pm I start pushing and after 45 mins of pushing, an episiotomy and tear Henry was born head and arm first (typical boy, making things harder than it should be) Because h arrived so fast, the transition was a little hard for him so he spent 30 mins with his dad in the NICU as they tried to clear his Lungs and monitor him. He came straight back to me as soon as he stopped grunting and stayed in our room all night.

Poor DH stayed the night with us and didn't get any sleep, Henry latched on right away and other than his hatred of being naked and not being swaddled he is a pretty good baby. Sleeping 2-3hrs between feeds and feeding 15mins on each side. At his check-up today he weighed 7lb 2oz down from 7lb 8oz but not too bad considering he is 4 days old now.

I'm still very sore, with the combination of the episiotomy and tearing I will be for a while but I'd do it all again.

Edited by Missbollinger

My Timeline or lack of:-

08-29-2000 First met

03-02-2004 He proposed

03-19-2004 Married Cincinnati, OH

03-25-2004 Forms filled waiting on Certified Marriage License.

03-29-2004 3 Copies of certified marriage license handed to me at the local probate court with the $2 per copy fee waived!!!

04-17-2004 FULL packet mailed off finally to Cincinnati Local office.

04-29-2004 Recieve NOA for I-130 and I-485 for our son.

05-01-2004 Recieve NOA for I-130, I-485 and EAD for me.

06-15-2004 Appointment for Fingerprinting and Biometrics at Cincy Sub office. - DONE!

06-17-2004 Cases status for AOS's and EAD updated on USCIS website.

06-21-2004 Fingerprinting review recieved by MSC for I-485's processing resumed.

07-06-2004 Change of addresses sent out to Nebraska, Kentucky and Cincinnati.

08-04-2004 EAD Approved.

08-16-2004 Applied for SSN card at local SSA, relatively painless but with a quirk.

01-30-2006 Interview Cincinnati, APPROVED pending Medical and Vaccination Supplement.

03-14-2006 We're PREGNANT!!

03-23-2006 AOS Notice recieved!!!!

04-03-2006 Cards recieved!

04-24-2006 Miscarriage 12w

04-01-2007 Miscarriage 6w

06-01-2007 Fertility testing begins

07-29-2007 First trip back to England in 4 years.

03-26-2009 DS2 Arrival 7lb 8oz

05-17-2010 We're expecting AGAIN!!

01-13-2011 DD Arrival 6lb 6oz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congratulations Missbollinger :dance:

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Congrats Missbollinger! I don't blame you for asking for an epidural with the pitocin .... that's when I got one too. Was doing okay before that, but the pitocin just made it miserable!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Yay...congrats Missbollinger. Have a great time with your little addition.

@Chrissy: May 11th it is. I'm so excited to see pics or your little girl. I have talked to my DH about tubal ligation...I'm just not sure. I feel right now that I want to have another baby, if it was up to me I'd be pregnant again but my head is telling me that it is just not right at this moment. Neither of us is working right now. We're scraping by with VA payments and occasional work (DH had been sick for a while) so it's more a money issue. Before I had allie I was sure I wanted my tubes tied but now...I don't know. I also don't want my husband to 'get fixed'. He had offered it several times but it just seems so final (I know you can reverse it but who's to say that it will work). I'm ok with taking the pill right now and once I stop breastfeeding I'll get off the pill and chart or whatever. WE'll see. Good luck to you.

We gonna have a baby boom here soon.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope Staashi comes by soon with pics and the story!

I thought I would post a few pics of double trouble from over the past few days. In one pic Hana looks like she is trying to kiss Zak (when in reality I think she was trying to suck on his head). Another pic shows Hana in one of her cute poses. Finally, we see Zak in his Spiderman pose.

Letspretendthisisakiss.jpgIamcute.jpgIlooklikespiderman.jpg

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Missbollinger: Congratz! I hope you heal really quickly. Pitocin is nasty - my mom had it with me and there were no epidurals in ex-east-Germany and compared to the labors with my 2 sisters (no Pitocin or whatsoever) she said it was the most awful thing ever!

Wow soon lots of VJ babies will be born :P

Family Planning: if someone gets fixed, it's gonna be DH. After all I will do all the births, so he's gonna do that. We just have a disagreement of the number of kids - I want 3, he wants 4. So we'll see when he'll get the little "snip" :P I don't want to take the pill ever again, it makes me all weird and messes with me. We're gonna get a ladycomp though for once my period returns after breastfeeding.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Anna I was thinking about the ladycomp too but I guess we'll stick just with a regular basal thermometer. I'll get the 'natuerlich und sicher" book as well as 'taking charge of your fertility' and get some more info on the natural family planning issue. I'm fine on the pill but even I get older (haha...imagine that) and the risk of problems from the pill is getting higher.

My DH always said that there is no such thing as an odd number of children, you either have two, four or six...one or three just won't work cause one kid will always be left out. So if we decide to get pregnant again we'll have to get another house haha. Maybe we'll just stick with two, they sure are a lot of work.

@Twila: Your little ones are adorable. I like your little spiderman, he even has his hands like spidy.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well we are three girls, and sort of true, there were always alliances of two against the other :eyeroll: But we'll see too, I keep telling DH let's see how two work out, and then we can always add on. I successfully convinced DH to buy the ladycomp, he feels more secure that way and I am soo lazy so it's less work for me as the computer thingie does the charting :P

@ Twila: Yeah I forgot to say, your little ones are so cute! You can totally tell that they are brother and sister!

Oh man I feel like sitting on a mountain of ants. I'm so nervous about flying to Europe today... Jona though is a little better (he's teething again, 2 more teeth which makes it 5 teeth this month). He even is taking a nice nap right now, yeah - we're coming up on 2 hours!!!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

it took us a long time to get to the decision about the tubal, i figured seen as though i'll be open from the section to do it then, we just cant imagine more than 2 children, my hubby came from a large family and hated it, i'm an only child so it works out....May 11th...wow ....my goodness i hope it is a girl and they didnt get it wrong again!!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Twila@ Your babies are so cute, congrats!!

Family planning??? I forgot about that :wacko: , I don't want to go back to the pill, it worked fine for me, I lost weight and no side effect (Yazmin) but is pretty expensive here, we paid around $50 every month and in my country just $15, big difference. I guess Hubby will continue taking care of it :blush: .

Sofia still at the hospital, doing great, she is taking my breast for long periods of time, she is not in the incubator anymore and today that I spoke to her doctor she said that she might come home this weekend, I'm praying and crossing my fingers, I really want my baby home soon. :star:

My belly is almost gone and the best part - no stretch marks!!! I'm so lucky.

Staashi@ Good energy, just relax!

Have a good one

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg