Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

I did get Allie a new carseat after all. I didn't get the TRUEFIT though since I've read some posts that getting it installed is a pain in the rear. I got her the Britax Marathon and it should be here the day before my birthday (some time next week). I'm so excited.

Allie is already six months old. Time is flying by. I can't believe that in another 6 months we'll have a birthday party for her. Now I know what they mean with "Enjoy them while they're little". BAbies grow up waaay to fast.

We have the Britax Marathon and LOVE it. I can't remember what I had for my daughter when she was his age, but this blows whatever that was out of the water.

Now if I can only find the cover that I want. I could have ordered it when we first bought the seat, but now I can't find it. :(

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hubby had this idea that it would be nice to have lunch and then go check Babies R'us for valentines yesterday. We both got a little overwhelmed with all the different things and options. Here's a few examples: What's the difference between a burping cloth and a receiving blanket?

A burping cloth is smaller, like a cloth diaper (that's what we used). Receiving blanket is actually large enough to wrap a newborn baby in.

A play pal goes up to 30 pounds, how old is that?

My son will be 2 years old next month and is still under 30 lbs.

So the new plan is: 1) hold off on buying anything until we know the sex of the baby. Girl or Boy things are way cutter than neutral things

2) Tell my friend who already has two kids that we are expecting and drag her along as the official baby-buying adviser :lol:

Sounds like a great plan!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good to know about the 30 pounds, thanks!!

Caro,

I would say definitly wait to find out the sex. The neutral is good, but, if its a girl your gonna want pinks and purples and if its a boy im sure you will want the blues and greens as far as clothes, blankets, etc..for furniture i would recommend buying things that would work for both sexes bc if you plan to have more kids you will already have everything. Fisher Price carrieds a new line called "Precious Planet" IMO I think it is ADORABLE!! They carry the swings, high chair, bouncer, etc. For zaids high chair, travel system, boucer, and pack and play we did plaid green patterns. We did do his room "Zanzibar" themed but Im sure if a girl ever came i would buy something a little more girly. My best advice is do your research and think practical. I HATE my infant travel system and had I read reviews on it prior to buying it I probably would have never bought it. 30lbs? I would say that sounds about the size of a kid who is anywhere from 18 months-2.5 yrs old. There are always exceptions of course.

AFM...Zaid is 2 weeks shy of turning 10 months, developmentally I cannot believe how he has grown. he is looking like his daddy more and more everyday, and turning into a little toddler. He has 6 teeth now and is eating everything under the sun. Pretty soon it will be time to pack away the bottles, I think I will start him on cows milk a little short of his first bday. he is sooo bored with bottles and I have been putting formula in his sippy cup but he doesnt care for it. Im telling ya, he is quite the "big boy" I get a sick feeling in my stomach and quite honestly kind of sad when I think that his 1st bday is right around the corner. He is already so independant. I WANT MY BABY BACK!!! LOL

I have this idea of a nursery theme of "The Little Prince", which was my favorite book growing up, I just don't know how I would pull it off because I would have to get all things personalized. I could paint a mural, that's the easy one, but there are no sheets or lamps on that theme.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hows everyone feeling this morning? I cant tell you how much better i feel now that the decision has been made to stay in the US.....i love it here and am happy so why change it, i feel bad for my mother missing out, but as someone said to me, its our life :) I feel now i can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy, and start nesting.....carpets were shampooed yesterday and loook awesome!

I also called the UK visa place and asked if we wanted to reapply for a UK visa at a later date if we chose to, would we have any problems and were told we would have no problems....i feel really good today which makes a change over the last month.

Is anyone swelling up a little, i feel like a house today and my fingers are swollen...

And OMG i cant believe Dylan will be 2 next month!

Edited by Chrissy25

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Hope all the mamas to be are feeling good :)

I am really stressed right now. Hubby hasn't seen his family in over a year (except for his parents coming out when the baby was born). He wants to take Declan and go for a visit soon. I will not be able to go as I don't have any vacation time from work. Hubby is unemployed right now (as carpentry jobs in this area are nonexistent) and his family offered to use their airmiles to buy his ticket and they will pay for his food, etc. while he is there. I know that, for my husband's mental health, he needs to go ... but I am so stressed about the idea of my baby being gone for a week. My husband is a wonderful father and, as he has been unemployed, has spent A LOT of time with the baby, so I know Declan will be cared for. I am just sad that I will miss his first plane ride and first time seeing the Canadian relatives. And there is the petty part of me saying, it's not fair! Waah! I want a vacation too!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Chrissy-Congrats on feeling better about everything and staying in the US!

Autumnchik-Aww I can imagine that feeling! Suj has said before he could take Kavi to India if we couldn't afford for all of us to go in the future. I felt like, NO WAY!! haha I told him that too. But India is much farther away. I would trust Suj too because he is a wonderful caretaker of Kavi, but the long plane ride and everything would seem like a nightmare alone with a small child.

I have this idea of a nursery theme of "The Little Prince", which was my favorite book growing up, I just don't know how I would pull it off because I would have to get all things personalized. I could paint a mural, that's the easy one, but there are no sheets or lamps on that theme.

Saludos,

Caro

I think you could make it work! If you can paint a mural, you can just get things that coordinate with it color wise. We didn't buy a whole bedroom theme set of sheets/blanket. I just mixed and matched things with similar colors and themes so I didn't have to only have one kind of thing in the room. Kavi hardly used his room for such a long time anyway. I had fun decorating with various items. Have fun deciding! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Thanks!

For anyone interested in doing an easy mural, here's the technique:

-Have the image of your choice converted to a transparent outline (you can get that done at a Fedex Kinkos)

-Rent a projector

-Project the image outline on the wall and copy the outline

-Then all you have to do is color it in :D

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Thanks for the prayers everyone. I thought she had her baby yesterday as I was told she went into labor. The last I heard her water had broken, but the baby has yet to be delivered. And she is 21 weeks, not 20.

I will update when I hear more.

My friend's little boy was born Sunday morning at 21 weeks and 4 days, and did not survive. She is home now and will hopefully find healing somehow. She has a beautiful 4 year old daughter who I'm sure will keep her as distracted as possible.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks for the prayers everyone. I thought she had her baby yesterday as I was told she went into labor. The last I heard her water had broken, but the baby has yet to be delivered. And she is 21 weeks, not 20.

My friend's little boy was born Sunday morning at 21 weeks and 4 days, and did not survive. She is home now and will hopefully find healing somehow. She has a beautiful 4 year old daughter who I'm sure will keep her as distracted as possible.

I'm very sorry. :((F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

oh my goodness, my thoughts and prayers are with her

4/11/08 check cashed

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

(F)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that Tracy. I can only imagine the pain of losing a child. I have a friend here. She had three miscarriages at around 9 weeks. She became pregnant again about three months ago. She told me and we were so happy and she told me that she had miscarried before but that this time it is different. She felt nauseous, gained weight etc. I saw her at a German-People Meeting a couple of weeks back. She was there with her DH and she held her belly a lot and told me all excited that she was almost 10 weeks along and baby was doing great, no cramping, bleeding etc.

Then about a week later she had an US done and her baby's heart had stopped beating at around 8 1/2 weeks. When she told me she was almost 10 weeks along, her baby had been dead for a week. I just bawled when she told me about it. I feel so sorry and what's even worse is that she doesn't have the money for a D&C here in the US so she went back to Germany to have it done (it's covered there). She is now almost 13 weeks and hasn't miscarried naturally. she went to Germany on Thursday to have the D&C done. It is devastating and I feel so bad about complaining that Adam is whining, Allie is crying etc. and she just wants a baby and keeps losing her kids. It's just not fair. :crying:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sorry to hear that tracy (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

How many of the pregnant ladies have had there glucose test? and how did it go? i have mine this afternoon

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mine went well, i passed.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline