Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Caro-

I'm sure many have felt that way before. :) I will pray your nausea will go away soon. You aren't rejecting the baby by feeling bad! You are just having to go through a lot of tiring and hard things so you can build the baby inside and your hormones are all over the place. Keep your chin up! :) And I hope you feel better very soon!!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Girls, I feel horrible :(

I have nausea 24/7. I can't take anything because I have a lot of heartburn and any pill makes me throw up, and on top of that I have headaches... :crying:

I feel dehydrated but if I have too much liquids...I puke

I wish I could be one of those happy pregnant women, but I feel and look terrible! and I feel guilty because I feel like I'm rejecting our baby

Sorry for the vent :cry:

Saludos,

Caro

@ Caro - Awwww, I'm sorry you feel so bad! Like everyone says, you're not rejecting the baby. Your body's pumping out a ton of hormones to take care of that baby, and those hormones are making you feel ill and emotional. I actually worried some because I wasn't feeling as bad as I expected to -- I was afraid my hormone level was too low. Sip a little of something when you can (for a while, the thought of drinking anything at all made me queasy, but I did okay sipping unflavored seltzer -- maybe you can find something you can tolerate). Are you able to take Tums for the heartburn, even one? As long as you get the prenatals down and stay reasonably hydrated, you'll be okay. A lot of women lose weight in the first trimester. I did, even without puking. The baby will be fine, and you should feel better within a few more weeks. If it gets really bad, though, ask your doctor for help. Mine told me there's something they can give me if the nausea ever becomes more than I can bear. Hope you feel better very soon!

@ Tracy - I'm praying for your friend's little one. (F)

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I thought she had her baby yesterday as I was told she went into labor. The last I heard her water had broken, but the baby has yet to be delivered. And she is 21 weeks, not 20.

I will update when I hear more.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@booty and caro: i hope it gets better in the second trimeste and you start enjoying :) don't feel bad (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

i'm in that phase where people come tell me all the time ''you're ready to pop'' :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@Me too and the best part is that people are offering their seat in the train, not everybody but most of them :thumbs: . BTW, cute pic of your belly!!!

Caro@ Don't feel bad, the first trimester drove me crazy too, was really bad for me, I was super emotional and my body felt weird, I lost some weight too and I was very concerned about that. The second trimester is MUCH better, seriously, Wow I seems like yesterday that I was asking for advice here...

Be patient chica things are going to get better.

Besos

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support, it made me feel a lot better. Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way :star:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

@vi: it's a bit different in brazil. most places will attend pregnant women first. yesterday i went to the pharmacy on post, and they attend first active duty, nothing to see pregnant women first. i had to be there for over 50 min. same thing with grocery stores.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We STILL swaddle Ilyas and he's 5.5 months old! He is a great sleeper when swaddled--if not swaddled, he stays awake, rolling around and putting everything in his mouth! I keep trying to not swaddle him, but he gets himself in all kinds of crazy positions and doesn't sleep. I love my little blue burrito :star: .

If you are interested in Swaddling, I recommend the Miracle Blanket and read or watch The Happiest Baby on the Block.

Thanks! Haven't read it yet, but I think this guy is using some of those techniques. I'll read some more.

I know I'm a little behind on the posts because I just now realized and found the new thread. I was wondering why I was not getting any emails. :bonk:

What he is doing in the video is exactly what our Pedi told us to do when Ayman was going through his colic phase. It works wonders, specially when his daddy did it.

I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all the new mommies to be and Happy Bday to the little ones turning 1 now. I can't believe how fast all the babies are growing around here.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hm, people were considerably nicer to me here being pregnant than in Germany. While I was in Germany last year my sister was preggo too, and ahead of me. So she had a visible bump. An old lady on a train (mind you there were other seats available) basically yelled at us to move her lazy pregnant butt for her. :o Once I had a preggo belly people opened doors for me, asked me to carry groceries to my car, etc. I thought people are actually pretty nice to pregnant folks in America - definitely way nicer than in Europe (well Germany, not a kid-friendly country, really).

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I had my blood test and NT scan yesterday and everything was going well. As soon as the image popped up on the screen it was doing a hand stand and bouncing around everywhere!! The lady also mentioned that its a longer baby that average..silly me was blown away by just looking at the little thing moving around that I didnt even mention asking how long it was. On the sonogram picture it says 11cm..but im only 12 weeks 6 days pregnant and when I was reading my book it said by around this stage its average is around 8cm?? :blink: Could the measurement on the picture me wrong??? I was also shown a close up of how the baby was opening and closing its mouth and was told that it was drinking some amniotic fluid...just amazing! Next ultrasound is in another 5 weeks which Im looking forward to the most!!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

@mzmo: great news.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Hi Everyone!

I had my blood test and NT scan yesterday and everything was going well. As soon as the image popped up on the screen it was doing a hand stand and bouncing around everywhere!! The lady also mentioned that its a longer baby that average..silly me was blown away by just looking at the little thing moving around that I didnt even mention asking how long it was. On the sonogram picture it says 11cm..but im only 12 weeks 6 days pregnant and when I was reading my book it said by around this stage its average is around 8cm?? :blink: Could the measurement on the picture me wrong??? I was also shown a close up of how the baby was opening and closing its mouth and was told that it was drinking some amniotic fluid...just amazing! Next ultrasound is in another 5 weeks which Im looking forward to the most!!

I had a very similar experience. Three previous ultrasounds and what I thought had been the date of my LMP (I had the spotting off and on for a week before my period, which was the norm for me) had put the baby at 13 weeks 1 day when I went in for the NT scan, but they wouldn't measure the nuchal fold because the baby measured at 14 weeks 4 days while there (and no less than 14 weeks 1 day). I guess it's possible that baby is older than we thought, but it seems there'd be some variation in length among individuals. Maybe the baby just has a long torso (like my husband, NOT like me).

In any case, MzMo, you and I saw our babies still growing and moving around (a hand stand, wow!). You must have been thrilled! Like you, I can't wait for the 18 week ultrasound (or 19+?), especially since my sleepyhead husband has promised to go with me this time. The practice where I go has a 3D/4D machine with "limited availability," and a sign in the waiting room says patients can bring their own CD for the scheduled ultrasound or they can pay $5 for one, so maybe that means they'll do a 4D then. But if so, I may still look for a place to self-pay for an extra 4D around 23 weeks so the facial features will be a little more fleshed out.

I'm the USC.

Timeline
What he is doing in the video is exactly what our Pedi told us to do when Ayman was going through his colic phase. It works wonders, specially when his daddy did it.

Good see you here again! I'm glad to know the technique works for you too. For some reason, when my baby sister was inconsolable, sometimes all it took was my dad holding her to calm her down. I hope J has the same success with ours -- he's sure good at cuddling the cats. One will prod me in the morning until I get out of bed, and then she takes my place and curls up against him. Makes me jealous sometimes that they "love" him more. :P

I'm starting to have a bunch of questions I never thought about much before. How to calm the colic is definitely one, as well as the right way to handle a small child who acts out in public, and so on, and so on.

I witnessed a sort of funny scene last night at Wal-Mart (where else?). Three-year-old boy is in a cart in a long line at checkout. The two women with him are talking to each other and not paying him much attention except to scold him when he gets a little loud (not too loud in my opinion, under the circumstances, but my opinion is worth what you pay for it). Younger woman (the mom?) pays him almost no attention. Older woman (the grandmother?) scolds the "mom" for not doing anything to discipline him and then scolds the kid, making repeated threats not to buy the teddy bear in the cart if he doesn't stop. She not only never follows through with the threat, but the women see a mechanical dragon, ask the kid if he wants it instead of the bear, he says no, and they decide to buy both toys for the kid.

That just seemed to be a bizarre sequence of events, but then I started wondering how I would (will) handle the acting out in public and other things. My husband believes in spanking. I want to try alternatives, and he's indicated he'll be willing to consider those if he sees positive results. It's been a long time since my developmental psych class, but my sociologist sister has been talking with me about using natural and logical consequences, so I've been reading about that. Really takes some creativity, though, doesn't it, coming up with a consequence to fit the behavior sometimes? I'd like to find a book or website with a list of common scenarios, to sort of build a repertoire of responses, sort of the way a therapist will help you put together a script to handle a problematic situation. Haven't found one yet though. I'm sure there are classes out there.

I'm probably overthinking this, like I do everything :lol: It's just that I'm gonna be one of those "older" first-time moms, and I haven't been around kids very much in recent years. I did some childcare in my 20s, but I've held an infant maybe once in the last five years, and I felt like a fish out of water so out of practice. They keep telling me that it will all fall into place when it's our own baby, and I am already so in love with this little one that I can't even feel moving yet, but I'm so afraid of doing something wrong and warping the kid before they're four years old! I know that's probably normal, but these are things I've never had to think about before, and it's scary sometimes.

I'm the USC.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Caybee: You are overthinking but that was one of my fears too, that I might spoil my kids rotten or not discipline them enough for them to grow up to be polite and grateful adults. Well, I'm still working on it. Adam does ask about toys whenever we walk past a toy section at the store but I hardly ever buy him anything. First, he doesn't appreciate it yet and second, I don't want him to expect that mommy will always get him a toy whenever we go to the store. I have bought him a ball before, maybe two but that is it. Sometimes I give him a toy and he plays with it while we are still shopping. A lot of times he loses interest right there and I just put it back whenever he doesn't pay attention but I have left a TARGET with a screaming toddler before because he wanted something but didn't get it.

Don't worry about it too much. You'll grow into it and it just comes naturally.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019