stephanieh_67

SCAMMED FOR A GREEN CARD

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that, Steph, but just know that there'll always be sunshine after the rain. Just always pray and know that God is always there for you. This verse also helps me when times get rough, Romans 8:28. God bless you, Steph! Things will turn out fine, you'll see :dance:

Kevin and Maria

Philippines1049-1.jpg

honeyandbaby.jpg

Dec. 5, 2007 - Met on Cherry Blossoms

Dec. 13, 2007 - Officially on

Jan. 7, 2008 - He proposed online and I happily gave him my YES!

April 27, 2007 - He arrived in Manila; I picked him up at the airport.

May 14, 2008 - His departure. Saddest moment so far :'(

K1 Application Timeline

Oct. 22, 08 - I-129F Sent

Oct. 24, 08 - I-129F NOA1

Jan. 09, 09 - I-129F RFE(s), Court Seal & Stamp

Jan. 20, 09 - RFE Reply(s)

Jan. 22, 09 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

Feb. 13, 09 - NVC Received

March 26, 09 - Interview Date: APPROVED!!!

May 7, 09 - Arrival (Oregon, USA)

May 16, 09 - Wedding Day (Wohooo!)

Oct. 10, 09 - Green Card Received (Yeeheeyyy!)

DSCF2810-1.jpg

Kevin and Maria

Thank you, guys, for all the advice and help and for always being there for us. Such a great community of people!

If you haven't seen our video of our visa journey, please visit HERE

• 4 weeks later...

:bonk: Thank you for everyone that have been very supportive during these difficult times for myself and my 9 yr old daughter.

Abdeslam Chahir filed for divorce last week. Since he had left in the beginning of January, he has not maintained any type of contact. This surprises and angers me because of the way he just abandoned my daughter. When they met, she was only 4 years old and he promised to be her daddy for the rest of her life. I do believe that he loved her. I'm not saying that he is financially responsible for her, but that is besides the point. When I met him, we both agreed that one day he would officially adopt her. Of course, things started to really change when the lifting on conditions came around and when he got his green card. He became very distant, not wanting to do any type of family functions, eventually stop spending time with my daughter. He insisted that he sleep in his own room, so my daughter gave up her room and slept with me. He started opening up various bank accounts in his name only. At first he did let me have access to his bank account to pay bills and so forth. But everything totally changed after getting the damn green card. I was no longer able to check any of his bank balances, he stopped giving me any type of money, even is I need to go to the grocery store. He would make comments like that was his money and that I what was wrong with me using my own. Last time we even had a "date" night was like december 2005...we were married dec 2004. I honestly thought that he was depressed, and I begged him to see a doctor or someone to talk to. He said that it would never help our marriage. Keep in mind that he will be graduating this summer with a design engineering degree. I just feel that I was scammed by the way thing progressed or didn't progress in the marriage.

I'm not here on VJ to say all Moroccan men are scammers. I just wanted to share my story. And yes, this is extremely painful for me and my daughter. Now, he is trying to get me to pay for his attorneys fees! I do not think that it is right for what he has done. Sara535 knows my story better than anyone here. My next step is the divorce.....

Thank you for listening to me gab. Sorry if I offened anyone. I do love Morocco and Moroccan food just as much as I did before :thumbs:

Stephanie

Edited by stephanieh_67

Our <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> journey:

May 14,2004-sent I-129F to Nebraska

May 25,2004-NOA1

wait,wait,wait,wait, getting impatient,wait somemore..........

August 17,2004-NOA2

September 9,2004- <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> forwards petition to Casablanca

October 11,2004- Abdeslams' medical exam

November 5,2004- Abdeslams' interview

back to waiting......

APPROVED!!!! need to wait 2-4 weeks for security checks ~BLAH~BLAH~BLAH

I MISS MY ABDESLAM!!!!

November 15,2004- My Abdeslam has his VISA in hand!!! YIPPI......less than two weeks to clear!!! Thank you GOD....you are awesome!

December 11,2004- Meeting my Abdeslam at JFK!!! YES, FINALLY!!!! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!

March 4,2005- Sent the massive amount of paperwork for AOS....waiting time again.....

August 24,2005 - Our AOS interview in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Are we almost done with this ?????? <head spinning>

August 24,2005 - AOS APPROVED in 5 minutes!!!!!! YIPPIE

August 27,2007 - Living life in Wisconsin

JAN 2009 : I WAS A SUCKER AND WAS SCAMMED BY ABDESLAM CHAHIR FOR A GREEN CARD!!!!! HE WAS EMOTIONALLY, VERBALLY & ABUSIVE AFTER HE CAME HERE TO THE USA. TOTAL EMOTIONAL DRAMA! HE GOT HIS CARD AND GOT HIS COLLEGE DEGREE AND I GOT NOTHING FROM THIS FAKE MARRIAGE.

Filed: Other Timeline
:bonk: Thank you for everyone that have been very supportive during these difficult times for myself and my 9 yr old daughter.

Abdeslam Chahir filed for divorce last week. Since he had left in the beginning of January, he has not maintained any type of contact. This surprises and angers me because of the way he just abandoned my daughter. When they met, she was only 4 years old and he promised to be her daddy for the rest of her life. I do believe that he loved her. I'm not saying that he is financially responsible for her, but that is besides the point. When I met him, we both agreed that one day he would officially adopt her. Of course, things started to really change when the lifting on conditions came around and when he got his green card. He became very distant, not wanting to do any type of family functions, eventually stop spending time with my daughter. He insisted that he sleep in his own room, so my daughter gave up her room and slept with me. He started opening up various bank accounts in his name only. At first he did let me have access to his bank account to pay bills and so forth. But everything totally changed after getting the damn green card. I was no longer able to check any of his bank balances, he stopped giving me any type of money, even is I need to go to the grocery store. He would make comments like that was his money and that I what was wrong with me using my own. Last time we even had a "date" night was like december 2005...we were married dec 2004. I honestly thought that he was depressed, and I begged him to see a doctor or someone to talk to. He said that it would never help our marriage. Keep in mind that he will be graduating this summer with a design engineering degree. I just feel that I was scammed by the way thing progressed or didn't progress in the marriage.

I'm not here on VJ to say all Moroccan men are scammers. I just wanted to share my story. And yes, this is extremely painful for me and my daughter. Now, he is trying to get me to pay for his attorneys fees! I do not think that it is right for what he has done. Sara535 knows my story better than anyone here. My next step is the divorce.....

Thank you for listening to me gab. Sorry if I offened anyone. I do love Morocco and Moroccan food just as much as I did before :thumbs:

Stephanie

Ugh, so sorry to hear this happened to you.....(((((hugs))))) to you... I just hope you didn't pay for his schooling or are responsible for any student loans that he incurred. I got through 2 master's degrees with no loans(combo of scholarships, cheap state school, living at home and working through school) and am very happy and proud of it seeing how students nowadays are so burdened with loans and starting careers which don;t even pay that much.... My husband doesn't have a degree and I have thought would I help him to get one? I think I would wait a couple of years after he gets here(he will have his 10yr unconditional GC) :unsure: before I would even consider it. In this economy I really don't want to incur any more debt.

I fell in love with Nepal and Nepali culture years before I met my husband and sometimes wonder if I would still feel the same if he left me or if it would only hurt too much, bring back painful memories - glad to hear you still love Morocco and don't give up hope, you may still meet an honest Moroccan man. There are stories here on VJ of women who are on their 2nd marriage with a foreign man after being scammed and are now happy... I was almost scammed by a Nepali(didn't make it to filing papers, thank God) so hopefully that was my trial and this time it's for real. It doesn't just happen with USCs either. You don't hear much about Nepalis scamming USCs but I think they do it more with Euros - more European tourists go to Nepal than Americans. Govi's aunt told me a story about a German woman who was scammed by a Sherpa guide who dumped her after getting papers, then ended up marrying another Sherpa who turned out to be an honest man and they are still together. So don't give up hope - now maybe it feels like you will never fall in love again(I felt that way after being scammed) but life has better things in store for you I am sure.

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Timeline

Sorry that happened to you Stephanieh. I know someone whom I fear is walking right into a situation just like this. I have decided to stop worrying about it, as we all have our own crosses to bear. I hope you and your daughter can move on. I think it just stinks to high heaven when children are involved and they get hurt like this.

Good Luck :star:

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks for coming back and sharing the rest of your story. (F) I just don't understand how someone can intentionally break hearts (especially a child's) for their own selfish purposes. It's amazing the things people can do. I'm just wondering if at any time during your marriage you had any suspicions or was he a good actor?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hugs to you and your daughter!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

(((((((((((Stephanie)))))))))))) God bless you and your little girl. (F)

To everyone else out there who may be doubters or think that this can't happen to them...behold the power of the Almighty Greencard.

Filed: Timeline
(((((((((((Stephanie)))))))))))) God bless you and your little girl. (F)

To everyone else out there who may be doubters or think that this can't happen to them...behold the power of the Almighty Greencard.

Its important to remember that ALOT of things happen when conditions are removed. You cannot paint everyone with the same brush but the minute they start moving into the other room and cut you off from their finances, its pretty sure 100000 percent that they are on their way out. At that point , you need to kick their #### out and move because if an arab is going to stop finanically contributing and not having sex with you,, well baby the writing is on the wall and you better pay attention.

Again, not all are like this and sometimes someone who marries for papers can turn around and actually begin to love their ticket out.

PS. My daughter is arab and her father HAD HIS PAPERS and he isnt paying child support or helping me and is a ###### father and he DID NOT USE ME FOR PAPERS. He used another girl in New York for papers in 1998 and dumped her as soon as she removed conditions and did not even give her a divorce. He just picked up his bags and walked and left her with all the problems of getting divorced. He is now almost arrested for not paying child support for my daughter and guess what babies.. PAY BACK IS A ######. I hope her scum husband marries a hooker from back home and takes all his money and scams him and uses him for papers

Dont worry Stephanie. Tell everyone what he did INCLUDING immigration so when he goes for citizenship it takes alot longer and he has a tough time importing a honey from back home. EVERYTHING COMES AROUND.. Until then , enjoy your life and keep going and do not get bitter. That scum bag is not worth it

Filed: Other Timeline

I have to wonder sometimes with these GC scammers if we will be seeing less of them trolling Yahoo chat and pulling their sh!t with the US economy going down - even the illegals are leaving so I think many of these scumbags' plans of taking advantage of a kindhearted USC, getting successful and biding their time, divorcing and then marrying a hottie from home will be foiled - kinda hard these days even to get a dishwasher job let alone get the kind of money to marry and support a traditional wife and kids.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.