jodee

Need some advice,..

56 posts in this topic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to be a parent and spank her or punish her.

It obvious she is in control in the Parent/Child role.

Step up to the plate and be a mother.....

Edited by tallcoolone

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Oh good...cos I counted and recounted a few times just to make sure ;) I thought to myself 'he should be pretty sure how many kids he has, but it still doesn't add up'

;)

More awake now, George, Mike, Chris, Kathy, Vicki, Nick II, Jon, Nicole, Juan, and Jessica. Believe that is ten, wife's IO at her interview said holy something or another, needed a blank piece of paper. Feel coming from a broken home has developed a concern for kids, my brothers and sisters are that way as well, sisters have taken in foster kids, but that is a very heart breaking experience as really no stability in that. My new wife also has a deep concern for kids, we talked about it, but feel we have way too many already.

Got a little teed off listening to PBS radio, must be fixed, can't ever call in, state school superintendents are running in for office, one woman stating the importance of spending money teaching kids the English language, that is a pile of bull with our high school, had to spend hours with my daughter helping her with her homework and teaching her English at the same time, school was worthless. And we are really getting screwed now with higher school property taxes and college tuition rates. Told our money is going to Iraq and bankers. But do get back a little over a buck a day for a dependent tax deduction, and since my daughter is on the high honor roll, got a 25 buck discount on her auto insurance, so can't complain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

oh my God!

I hope in hell that wasn't directed at me. She is not in control of anything. Except her own destiny.

And spanking, Umm, a 15 yr old would land me in jail these days dude, kids are more aware of their rights these days. Back in the day when I was a kid, there was no such thing. But now days, if you so much as sideways glance the wrong way at a child your in trouble.

I have been a mother for 15.5 years now, and i stepped up to the plate a long time ago. I was after some constructive advice, not blatant judgements and rudeness....

Am I assuming these words of wisdom come from you as a parent too right?

Thanks for your input.

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Timeline

oh my God!

I hope in hell that wasn't directed at me. She is not in control of anything. Except her own destiny.

And spanking, Umm, a 15 yr old would land me in jail these days dude, kids are more aware of their rights these days. Back in the day when I was a kid, there was no such thing. But now days, if you so much as sideways glance the wrong way at a child your in trouble.

I have been a mother for 15.5 years now, and i stepped up to the plate a long time ago. I was after some constructive advice, not blatant judgements and rudeness....

Am I assuming these words of wisdom come from you as a parent too right?

Thanks for your input.

Jodee

Meh. He's a f##king Tool, in case you haven't noticed. F##k him and his opinion.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
And now I get this, all the attitude, and insolence. Is she mad at me because she thinks I did not fight for her to stay here?. Am I wrong in not helping her pack?

I just dont know whats right and wrong anymore when it comes to being a Mum.

And to top it off, her twin, is upset, and I am tring to console her, and not cry myself....

Ahhh, Life's ###### sometimes,...

children scream at the parent they know loves them, and shower affection on the one they're not sure about.

smile, sister. i've been there, and know how it feels years later.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

"SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD -- ".'Piers Plowman'(1377) by William Langland warned, 'Who-so spareth the sprynge (switch), spilleth his children.' The exact wording of the modern version was quoted two centuries later in John Clarke's 'Paroemiologia Anglo-Latina' (1639)." From "Wise Words and Wives' Tales: The Origins, Meanings and Time-Honored Wisdom of Proverbs and Folk Sayings Olde and New" by Stuart Flexner and Doris Flexner (Avon Books, New York, 1993).

The biblical book of Proverbs, in its original Hebrew, contains five passages which refer to disciplining children with a "shebet." The word is usually translated in English as "rod." At first glance, these passages seem to instruct parents to discipline their children using violent means -- by physically hitting them with a rod, paddle, belt, or other implement.

Some feel that the real meaning of these passages in Proverbs is the opposite to their apparent literal interpretation. The verses actually call on parents to abandon methods of child discipline which involve the inflicting of pain.

Others feel that the author(s) of Proverbs did recommend that parents beat their children into submission with a rod. They argue that these passages are merely a reflection of a very violent society which practiced human slavery, stoned non-virgin brides to death, tortured prisoners, committed genocide, and acted in other ways which are considered profoundly immoral by today's religious and secular standards. All of the latter practices have long since been abandoned. Thus we should reject the infliction of pain as a child-rearing tool as well."

Another phrase is "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me." Should read, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will cause permanent psychological damage."

Based on inflicting your will upon another person, but at the same time, we live in a society where discipline is a necessity, can't expect to keep your job if you don't show up or just stand around when you should be working. Try skipping your rent or not paying your taxes. We do live in a society with rewards and punishments, even with life prison terms and a death sentence with nasty fines if you are driving a couple of miles over the speed limit. But like to reward my kids when they are doing well in school, heck, I get nice raises and bonuses. Can't fire my kids, but they do lose privileges, certainly don't beat them to death. Grounding is the preferred method.

But a child does need a loving home and stability, not sure how that can be done when a kid is being bounced around, that is where suggestions are needed.

One phrase I do like, give a person a fish, feed them for a day, teach them how to fish, and feed them for life. Used that in raising my kids and sure can't depend on our present school system for that, have to do that yourself.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
One phrase I do like, give a person a fish, feed them for a day, teach them how to fish, and feed them for life. Used that in raising my kids and sure can't depend on our present school system for that, have to do that yourself.

give a man a fish, and he is satisfied for a day

teach a man to fish, and he'll sit around in a boat drinking beer for the rest of his days.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

give a man a fish, and he is satisfied for a day

teach a man to fish, and he'll sit around in a boat drinking beer for the rest of his days.

What's wrong with that? As long as your supply of beer doesn't run out.