blanketinthewater

Marriage interview for ethnic couples is worse? YES OR NO?

266 posts in this topic

Arg.

Being an interracial couple is *not* a reason for denial. It is also not proof of fraud. It's one of many factors, like age gaps, etc., that have been weakly correlated with a risk of fraud. It's certainly not an order to the consulates to deny interracial couples, or even to scrutinize them more heavily. In many consulates it wouldn't help at all as a proxy for marriage fraud.

And the VWP is an agreement between countries of similar economic standing for ease of trade and tourism. There's no skin color requirement (there are people of many ethnicities who are eligible based on citizenship.)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Not many choices with race, White, Asian, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.

Why are Hispanics or Latinos isolated?

i don't feel isolated. I think it's ridiculous to have a race called latino that is only recognized in america.

i'm white and i don't consider latino a race. ####### kind of race is latino? seriously? we have every kind of mix possible in Brazil Half the population is white, 40% is a mix, what they'd call brown, 7% black, 0.5% asian, 0.3% indigenous. those are races. so if a ''white brazilian'', an ''asian descent brazilian'' and a ''black brazilian'' come to the States they should all be considered the same race? #######? they're either white, black or asian and they could fill in the form as white, black or asian. For me that's kind of bullsh!t.

I know of Moroccans who call themselves white or black when they come here, depending on how dark or light their skin is. It is purely subjective. When we got our marriage license, the clerk wrote my husband's race as Arabic. First, Arabic is a language, not a race. Arab is not a race either. And my husband is not an Arab. :wacko:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
To the OP -stop going on like you are a victim of something and you are the only couple that has had to prove a bona fide relationship, EVERYONE has to. The only person making it ALL about an inter racial marriage is you!

THANK YOU ! :thumbs:

IF THE USCIS WAS NOT RACIST, THEY WOULD NOT BRING UP COLOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. IT IS RACIST WHEN YOU ARE SAYING THERE IS A COLOR FOR CRIME. "ETHNIC" PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE LOOKED AT MORE CLOSELY JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ETHNIC. WHITE/NON-ETHNIC PEOPLE CAN BE CRIMINALS, BUT TO SAY ONLY ETHNICS ARE CRIMINALS IS PLAIN REDNECK BIGOTRY. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT BECAUSE EVEN IF I AM IN A REAL MARRIAGE MY CASE COULD BE DENIED JUST BECAUSE OF COLOR. MY FEES PAID, AND MY PROOF SHOULD BE ENOUGH, BUT IF COLOR IS BROUGHT UP BY USCIS, THAT MEANS THERE IS MORE TO IT. THERE IS NO COLOR OR ETHNICITY FOR CRIME, AND TO SAY ONLY ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS IS BS. PROOF OF MARRIAGE SHOULD BE THE ISSUE, NOT ETHNICITY. IT IS THE BIGOT GOVT. THAT BRINGS UP COLOR.

AND BIGOTRY WOULD NOT NEED TO BE DISCUSSED IF RACIAL PROFILING WAS NOT IN THE MANUAL OF THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER. BECAUSE OF "ETHNICITY" MANY PEOPLES CASES ARE WRONGFULLY DENIED AND LITTLE OR NOTHING AT ALL IS DONE TO TRY TO FIGHT THE DENIALS IN CASES OF "INTERRACCIAL" COUPLES, EVEN IF YOU FILE A COMPLAINT. IF THE IMMIG. OFFICERS THINK THAT ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE RED FLAGS AND MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT FRUAD, THAT MEANS THAT NON-ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT FRAUD AND GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THE OFFICERS BELIEVE THAT ONLY ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS, AND THEY ONLY INVESTIGATE "ETHNIC" PEOPLES. THEY DONOT SCRUTINIZE SAME-RACE/WHITE COUPLES AS MUCH BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED NORMAL. SO EUROPEANS WILL SLIDE BY AND PEOPLE THAT ARE ETHNIC WILL BE "LOOKED AT" OR DENIED. I HAVE WRITTEN TO PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA ABOUT THIS ISSUE, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THEIR FAMILIES TOGETHER AND THEY ARE DENIED IMMIGRATION BENEFITS BECAUSE OF THEIR APPEARANCES. ITS AN INSULT TO HAVE ####### LIKE THIS GOING ON WHEN OUR PRESIDENT IS A BLACK MAN FROM A MULTI-CULTURAL FAMILY HIMSELF.

can you provide evidence that this is happening - one single case where someone was denied will suffice.

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
To the OP -stop going on like you are a victim of something and you are the only couple that has had to prove a bona fide relationship, EVERYONE has to. The only person making it ALL about an inter racial marriage is you!

THANK YOU ! :thumbs:

IF THE USCIS WAS NOT RACIST, THEY WOULD NOT BRING UP COLOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. IT IS RACIST WHEN YOU ARE SAYING THERE IS A COLOR FOR CRIME. USCIS is NOT saying that. "ETHNIC" PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE LOOKED AT MORE CLOSELY JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ETHNIC.And they are not. EVERY petitioner and beneficiary is 'looked at'. When are you going to accept that? WHITE/NON-ETHNIC PEOPLE CAN BE CRIMINALS, BUT TO SAY ONLY ETHNICS ARE CRIMINALS IS PLAIN REDNECK BIGOTRY. Again-USCIS is NOT saying that at all.I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT BECAUSE EVEN IF I AM IN A REAL MARRIAGE MY CASE COULD BE DENIED JUST BECAUSE OF COLOR You are interpreting the manual wrong-every couple is under scrutiny. There are countries where statistically more fraud occurs. That's not the fault of USCIS, but it IS their job to try and weed it out. MY FEES PAID, AND MY PROOF SHOULD BE ENOUGH, BUT IF COLOR IS BROUGHT UP BY USCIS, THAT MEANS THERE IS MORE TO IT. THERE IS NO COLOR OR ETHNICITY FOR CRIME, AND TO SAY ONLY ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS IS BSthey did not say that. PROOF OF MARRIAGE SHOULD BE THE ISSUE, NOT ETHNICITY. IT IS THE BIGOT GOVT. THAT BRINGS UP COLORThere is a whole list of 'possible fraud indicators, '.. That doesn't mean you will be denied .

responses in red. although I doubt the OP can accept the rationale at all. The OP seems stuck on the fact that her SO and her are different colors, and it is SHE that's making a huge deal about it-NOT USCIS.

OP---Get a grip! If you and your SO walk into the interview calling the Govt all kinds of names and acting SO paranoid, they MAY take an extra look at your relationship because YOU seem to have a huge problem with the color difference--no one else.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Everyone needs to relax. I dont know where that info came from but think the quotation needs to be not taken offensively and so literally. I surely hope that I wont have to deal with such issues. I am white (from the UK) my boyfriend is black (a US citizen). We are currently compiling all the documentation needed for him to file the I-129F petition and we also have a 15 year age gap (he is older than me). But, we are completey in love and cannot wait to be together. Us being of different racial backgrounds is the last thing on my mind to be honest and the least of my worries. Everyone should just try to think positive and going by what I have read from other members on this website, people arent just refused the K1 because of such a ridiculous invalid reason. I'm so interested in the success stories and can see that by reading them that by showing that you're commited and in a true and loving relationship, and that you meet the relevant criteria, it WILL happen.

Good luck to everyone.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Everyone needs to relax. I dont know where that info came from but think the quotation needs to be not taken offensively and so literally. surely hope that I wont have to deal with such issues. I am white (from the UK) my boyfriend is black (a US citizen). We are currently compiling all the documentation needed for him to file the I-129F petition and we also have a 15 year age gap (he is older than me). But, we are completey in love and cannot wait to be together. Us being of different racial backgrounds is the last thing on my mind to be honest and the least of my worries. Everyone should just try to think positive and going by what I have read from other members on this website, people arent just refused the K1 because of such a ridiculous invalid reason. I'm so interested in the success stories and can see that by reading them that by showing that you're commited and in a true and loving relationship, and that you meet the relevant criteria, it WILL happen.

Good luck to everyone.

:thumbs::yes:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
As a older white woman trying to bring a black man here -YES they are harder on interracial couples. Especially if you are in a high fraud country. All the same race couples will deny any such thing but run some stats on who has "issues" in sun Saharan and you will see it is a disproportionate number of interracial couples. The whole process is slanted to favor European couples by letting them "sneak" in on the visa wavier program and adjust. The whole process stinks of KKK mentality

:thumbs: I'll agree there, but not with the KKK reference.

Interesting post.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
IF THE IMMIG. OFFICERS THINK THAT ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE RED FLAGS AND MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT FRUAD, THAT MEANS THAT NON-ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT FRAUD AND GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THE OFFICERS BELIEVE THAT ONLY ETHNIC PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS, AND THEY ONLY INVESTIGATE "ETHNIC" PEOPLES. THEY DONOT SCRUTINIZE SAME-RACE/WHITE COUPLES AS MUCH BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED NORMAL.

Starting off one your first topics attacking the immigration process is fairly common but not listening to people who've been through the process and writing with CAPS ON rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Try posting your timeline because some will assume you've done little to nothing on your VJ yet.

I HAVE WRITTEN TO PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA ABOUT THIS ISSUE, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THEIR FAMILIES TOGETHER AND THEY ARE DENIED IMMIGRATION BENEFITS BECAUSE OF THEIR APPEARANCES. ITS AN INSULT TO HAVE ####### LIKE THIS GOING ON WHEN OUR PRESIDENT IS A BLACK MAN FROM A MULTI-CULTURAL FAMILY HIMSELF.

Pres. Obama is kinda busy so if he doesn't write back soon don't take it personally and assume he's in the KKK. Write your member of Congress.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I do think that the process favours European immigrants, well, the 'older' European states but I am not sure that most of these couples 'sneak' in on visa waiver and adjust. There seems to be an awful lot of Europeans going through the process just the same as anyone else.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

It's hard to tell what's "favoring." It doesn't seem as though the ease is due to being European as it is (say) being from a country with a history of low visa fraud.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What you talking about woman, we are all ethnic marriages here (mostly). Check the white house. Its now the black house. Roll out the crib BLACK is hip and beautifal.!!! Dont hate the playa...Haller

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

I am sure that is the reason - well, in so far as economic advantage is low on the list of reasons for wanting to leave the home country of the immigrant.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

People up in there cannot even communicate via language barrier still getting marriage visas. OOh no they wouldnt!!WOW you pay taxes you get to choose any white yellow brown young fella just like any one else up in here!! Id be getting some senators up on this one honey. yah hummm

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

When i read this thread, my eyes were like :blink: #######? Il give my opinion....If these .... were after you went and was denied, il understand the pain, frustration and sadness...but you have not even gone!

There were many stated... why pick on that one because you are black? why feel threatened when you havent even attended the interview? why start gearing for war, when battle lines have not been drawn? Do you know how many interracial couples have gone through these smoothly? How come Obama is president? Did you see the huge crowd of white people out there? could the blacks have done this alone? Start a black and white poll on veejay...you ll be amazed!

When you feel this way.. there is the tendency to go to the interview with an attitude and trust me...if i am your IO, and you come to me with an attitude, i would be glad to feed it right back to you, i'm the one sitting on the high table, so il say calm down, breathe, and go along!

There are other pointers there, age difference, even potiential high fraud country, does this mean they are labelling the countries or being racial? Have you also considered that these pointers might be a result of satistics and general analysis and documented observations?

Isnt it true too that as much as some "white " are racist so are some "blacks"

The emphasis you laid on it... goes a long way to show how annoyed you are about it why not try to make a difference, gather your evidence and be nice to your officer?

Take this from a beautiful black sister... when i came here, i was alone, had heard alot about the racial profiling here, but guess what? I got the most compliments from "white " people, they loved my attire, complimented on how pretty i was, some genuinely discussed Africa and recounted experiences they had while there and how much they would love to return while my fellow black people either snobbed or pretended to not notice even when i smiled or waved!

Please..... to me, black, white? whats that? If there was any doubt... Obama helped me wipe that out, its gradual and its fading, if you dont see it, it wont exist, and if you ever do come accross anyone whose racist you let your good light shine.

Oh p.s.. i told my husband about this and guess what he said... is she a black racist? she's been thinking about it... people dont do much of that here anymore... except the naturally mean ones.. you win some not all of them... so work on your emotions, thoughts and mode of reasoning....

No Offence intended.

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

I am a "black" woman, my husband is a russian "white" man, bigoted america may hate me for my skin color, but my husband loves me for who i am. I noticed that in the immigration officers manual on how to detect marriage fraud, it says if there are cultural/ethnic differences, differences in background, marriage outside of ethnic group, and differnet personal characteristics, that the marriage is automatically a fraud. So interracial couples are automatically not a real married couple? That means that people that ARE frauds will get away with it more often because the uscis will not scrutinize them like they do interracial couples. I am uncomfortable with the fact that i may be automatically accused of a crime just because i am not white like my husband is. That does not sound like business and policy to me, it sounds like pure-bred hatred and racism. Are they trying to say that they don't want people immigrating to this country and "mixing" like the supremacists, and KKK do on their websites? Because as long as my marriage was in good faith (And it is) I should have the right to obtain benefits for my husband. Our skin colors not matching should not be an issue. Its the same as saying all black people steal, they are saying only couples with non-white spouses are frauds. I am prepared to be looked at like i am garbage and prepared to be stared at like i am an alien, just because i am not white like my husband is, but i will never allow them to accuse my husband and i of fraud just because we look different. Its like the immigration office is saying my husband should not love me because i am a black woman and i'm not a white girl. Systemic racism keeping division among people. Skin color being different is not going to tell you if someone is going to be a fraud or not, i don't know why they even put that in the manual. Its simple david duke bigotry.

They look more at the cases, its no automatic fraud!

The other one was hilarious! Being looked at like garbage? treated like an alien? lol...

What if the IO is black? Have you not heard there are black people working there too?

At my embassy, it was normal to hear the other black officers, yelling, cursing through speakers and being rude to people, even the security men there, black as they are insulted the Elders to the point that one old man told one of the officers that if you dont respect grey hair, you wont live long to have one.... Meanwhile the white officials were nice, cautious because they knew anything they say would be labelled as being racist! They had to be extra careful even when people did some ridculous things!

Hey sister.... things are better now, and much lighter, breathe in... then out, concentrate on gathering Evidence and being as relaxed as possible.

Black is HIP, aliens...are so not!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment