77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes exactly

####### VSC

I think I should contact my congress lady too.By the way,does any one have a sample or template for this.It will help.

Thanks

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

when I filed my I129F I made copies of EVERYTHING. 5 copies in total! I sent the ENTIRE packet plus a copy of the NOA1 and some references to VJ for some unofficial time-line estimates and a reference to the USCIS processing times page. I basically told them it was an injustice to those starting new families to be separated for several months to even a couple of years. Here's a copy of the letter I sent my congressman:

Dear Congressman Norm Dicks,

On November 14th, 2008 I got down on one knee and proposed to my soon to be wife, Isabella Peldszus(Isa), who is a German citizen. We began the long process of filing for a special visa, called a fiance visa, in order for us to get married legally in the United States. I researched extensively how to go about doing this and we prepared our I129F forms and mailed them out December 4th, 2008. We then waited for the USCIS to send us some confirmation that they have moved the letter on to the Department of Homeland Security for final review, and we began planning our wedding. We waited very patiently as their website advertised that the process should only take 6 months. Isa flew back to Germany on November 18th, 2 days after I proposed to her. We have been separated ever since waiting to hear when her interview with the American Consulate in Germany is going to be. It's been over two months since we have last seen each other and still no word from USCIS.

It has come to my attention that many people filing for a K1(fiance) visa have had long wait times and, in several cases, were unjustly accused of trying to commit fraud to the system when all the wanted to do was just be together and enjoy their lives together. It is my belief that the government should focus on families and fostering relationships rather then the needs of corporations and businesses who have the ability to expedite their applications, but there is no process to expedite the simple act of getting married(unless we circumvent immigration law, which could cause her to be deported). In many cases it makes it impossible to plan a wedding because of the uncertainty of the application process and the long wait times.

I understand that it is under the jurisdiction of the Attorney General to grant approval for the initial phase of the immigration process, and I would like you to tell congress that his handling of the simple act of getting married is overly complicated and that the wait times and the uncertainty is costing people their jobs, their relationships, their health in some cases all because the USCIS is forced to expedite certain cases over others and has little time for us little people trying to start our lives together.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that it should be easier for people to apply for a fiance visa then to simply get married and rush into things(thus circumventing immigration law), but it turns out that is not the case here. Instead we are met with piles of unnecessary paperwork and confusing piles of information to read through only to be met with long delays and uncertainty.

Thank you,

Kenneth Noland

I hope this helps!!!

You really should write your own and read carefully through your congressman's website regarding his assistance towards others. Norm #######'s wanted me to sign a release form authorizing him to speak on my behalf to the Attorney General, and asked me to send any supporting documents to my case. This letter was sent 4 days ago and still no response(but it's only been 4 days).

-Ken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh, and I also added in a separate note citing US Code TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12: IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY which states that there is a panel convened once every 6 months to review the status of immigration and that during the next meeting he should bring up the hardships we have faced to possibly see if they can create a temporary visa for people waiting on a decision from USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand the frustration :bonk: and heartache :( that everyone is feeling but has anyone taken into account the extreme weather conditions that have been experienced in that part of the country. Please understand that government offices run differently and are closed more frequently due to these sorts of events. My fiancé lives in the DC area and I know several people that work in government there and during these sorts of conditions their offices are regularly closed... It may not be fair but it is what it is. :wacko:

Its only a matter of time before your case is moved forward and your NOA2 is received!

Patience is a virtue... Good things come to those who wait!!!

qSIFm7.png

USCIS: 175 Days

NVC: 41 Days

NOA1 to Interview: 265 Days

Interview: 20 March 2012 - APPROVED

NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide by Saylin

Please edit your timeline in your profile so you can help others learn how long each step of this process takes. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
when I filed my I129F I made copies of EVERYTHING. 5 copies in total! I sent the ENTIRE packet plus a copy of the NOA1 and some references to VJ for some unofficial time-line estimates and a reference to the USCIS processing times page. I basically told them it was an injustice to those starting new families to be separated for several months to even a couple of years. Here's a copy of the letter I sent my congressman:

Dear Congressman Norm Dicks,

On November 14th, 2008 I got down on one knee and proposed to my soon to be wife, Isabella Peldszus(Isa), who is a German citizen. We began the long process of filing for a special visa, called a fiance visa, in order for us to get married legally in the United States. I researched extensively how to go about doing this and we prepared our I129F forms and mailed them out December 4th, 2008. We then waited for the USCIS to send us some confirmation that they have moved the letter on to the Department of Homeland Security for final review, and we began planning our wedding. We waited very patiently as their website advertised that the process should only take 6 months. Isa flew back to Germany on November 18th, 2 days after I proposed to her. We have been separated ever since waiting to hear when her interview with the American Consulate in Germany is going to be. It's been over two months since we have last seen each other and still no word from USCIS.

It has come to my attention that many people filing for a K1(fiance) visa have had long wait times and, in several cases, were unjustly accused of trying to commit fraud to the system when all the wanted to do was just be together and enjoy their lives together. It is my belief that the government should focus on families and fostering relationships rather then the needs of corporations and businesses who have the ability to expedite their applications, but there is no process to expedite the simple act of getting married(unless we circumvent immigration law, which could cause her to be deported). In many cases it makes it impossible to plan a wedding because of the uncertainty of the application process and the long wait times.

I understand that it is under the jurisdiction of the Attorney General to grant approval for the initial phase of the immigration process, and I would like you to tell congress that his handling of the simple act of getting married is overly complicated and that the wait times and the uncertainty is costing people their jobs, their relationships, their health in some cases all because the USCIS is forced to expedite certain cases over others and has little time for us little people trying to start our lives together.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that it should be easier for people to apply for a fiance visa then to simply get married and rush into things(thus circumventing immigration law), but it turns out that is not the case here. Instead we are met with piles of unnecessary paperwork and confusing piles of information to read through only to be met with long delays and uncertainty.

Thank you,

Kenneth Noland

I hope this helps!!!

You really should write your own and read carefully through your congressman's website regarding his assistance towards others. Norm #######'s wanted me to sign a release form authorizing him to speak on my behalf to the Attorney General, and asked me to send any supporting documents to my case. This letter was sent 4 days ago and still no response(but it's only been 4 days).

-Ken

Nicely done! Ken for president. Ha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

id use this graph for sure if you are going to contact your senator.

national average of 6.5 months = eeeeeek

I don't think this graph works in our benefits. They show .5 more than the goal is.

Somehow, I don't think senator would like to see that..) :whistle:

the graph is important to those that have beeen waiting over 6.5 months which is quite a few ppl.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Have patience. :) We've been waiting 159 days. We were recently touched again last Thursday. We have A LOT of faith in God & know that it's just a matter of time before we hear some good news so that we could be together again soon. :) Just hang in there, buddy. We all hate the waiting, but it'll be all worth it in the end! May God grant you ALL a smooth & speedy approval! God Bless!!!! :D

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't want to be the one to burst any of your venting bubbles...However, most of you are still within USCIS estimated times. And contacting your congressman earlier in the game is mostly useless, as USCIS will give your congresman the same response they will give you. Sorry kids.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

I don't want to be the one to burst any of your venting bubbles...However, most of you are still within USCIS estimated times. And contacting your congressman earlier in the game is mostly useless, as USCIS will give your congresman the same response they will give you. Sorry kids.

Ken knew that he was within waiting times when he wrote that letter. He actually wrote it at the beginning of his visa journey. The letter was not specifically about his case, but about the fact that it takes on average 6 months to get this type of visa processed and it only takes up to 3 months to get a business visa expedited for those corporations who wish to employ overseas workers (and I will grant a distinction between an immigrant and non-immigrant visa - but still HALF the time)

6 months, for USCIS to process our forms. The system does not work well, and the current levels of productivity in Vermont are not justifiable (weather permitting or not) on any level. The sudden surge in California shows, it can be done faster. But someone has to take responsibility.

It's about time the people in charge were asked some questions.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

you've been waiting one month...i'd be calm, cool, and collective, too at your stage, kid!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ken knew that he was within waiting times when he wrote that letter. He actually wrote it at the beginning of his visa journey. The letter was not specifically about his case, but about the fact that it takes on average 6 months to get this type of visa processed and it only takes up to 3 months to get a business visa expedited for those corporations who wish to employ overseas workers (and I will grant a distinction between an immigrant and non-immigrant visa - but still HALF the time)

6 months, for USCIS to process our forms. The system does not work well, and the current levels of productivity in Vermont are not justifiable (weather permitting or not) on any level. The sudden surge in California shows, it can be done faster. But someone has to take responsibility.

There are too many unknown variables for anyone short of a USCIS employee can justify. Unfortunately, K visa's are not the only visas processed, we do not know VSCs caseload or CSCs to actually make that assumption.

IMO, I think the best response to the frustration is sit and wait, enjoy the time you still have with your friends and family at your current home while you still can. If I spent all my time getting frustrated at VSC (and I have my reasons) or stressing myself out in general, I probably would be to the hospital and back. But for now, I focus on my job, the logisitics of moving, and the life I have here in Canada.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

There are too many unknown variables for anyone short of a USCIS employee can justify. Unfortunately, K visa's are not the only visas processed, we do not know VSCs caseload or CSCs to actually make that assumption.

IMO, I think the best response to the frustration is sit and wait, enjoy the time you still have with your friends and family at your current home while you still can. If I spent all my time getting frustrated at VSC (and I have my reasons) or stressing myself out in general, I probably would be to the hospital and back. But for now, I focus on my job, the logisitics of moving, and the life I have here in Canada.

that's good advice. working two jobs has been the only thing that's kept me sane. also, keeping a positive attitude when having freedoms I won't have once my SO is here; however, I look forward to the new experience of living life with my partner!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Im going to have to agree. It's really awful that the cases have been pushed back so far. I can certainly sympathize, but really, no person short of VSC employees knows the cause of the delays. They may have had large numbers of employees quit for all we know and are in the process of training new ones. Maybe there was a huge computer systems failure or something. Who knows? However, until your case is outside the window given on the website, there is not a whole lot you can do.

Im in full agreement that the system is ill-designed and greatly favors businesses over legitimate families, but the USCIS is in a state of updating that means in maybe the next 5 years the process may be greatly streamlined.

Once the wait for your NOA2 is over, the rest seems to fly right by, I barely even noticed the holidays. lol. I would say use this time to prepare for the next phase, like getting the I-134 done and sent out ASAP, the faster your fiance(e) gets the paperwork in, the faster you get the interview. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In one of the earlier posts a member mentioned that some petitions may be moved from VSC to CSC - can anyone confirm this? Can anyone confirm the delay is possibly weather related?

I call my beloved 2 times a day sometimes we talk for 4 hours each day. If it wasn't for the 8 hour time difference we would talk even longer about everything. We want to be together now!

####### is happening at VSC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.