JKD_88

She wants to go back :(

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its understandable that she will feel that way.However, you have to make her fully understand that this is her new life now. And she has to go out on her crib and start acting like an adult. She choose to marry you and now she has the responsibly to be your wife.

Sit down and talk and give her options. Adjustment to a new place is not a piece of cake. let her engage to some activities that can divert her attention from missing her family.

This really makes a lot of sense but I just am not strong enough to sit her down and tell her that because I see her suffering so much, I just wish I cold help.

How did you deal with the culture shock?

I can't really say it now since Im still here in my country. But to tell you honestly, I've been experiencing culture differences ever since I marry my husband. You know, marrying someone from from a foreign land, to relocating, to adjustments , to finally living the way how society does... is just like a pieces of puzzle. We have to find ways how can we perfectly assemble every pieces so everything fits...

So "I" can fit to my new life and make it as a whole.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Does she have any brazilian friends? It would lessen her loneliness if once in a while she could talk with someone using her local dialect.

I need some advice, my wife has only been in the country for 7 months and she says she doesn’t like it here, that she wants to go back but will wait until she gets all her documentation and until we have the financial means to move back. All of this will take about 4/5 years, until then I promised her I would send her back every year. This is really freaking me out, we had all these plans and now she’s changed everything, I don’t know what to do, I’m hoping in the years to come that she will change her mind because I really don’t want to go. She misses her family a lot which I COMPLETELY understand she says that she will never be able to have a life with her family again because she’s here. I don’t know what to do; everything she says is valid but… I just don’t know, do you think time will heal her? Has this happened to anyone else here?

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone!

What does your wife do over here? Does she work or study?

I moved to the States in may 2008, first time I was pretty much locked in the house, I had no friend or job, I felt sick and awfull all the time, was telling my husband that I want to go back home to see everyone.

Now I work part time and go to school, I got some friends, and I feel like I belong here)Of cause, I feel homesick sometimes, but its normal))

Im sure your wife will get over it))

Mariya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey everyone!

I moved to the States in may 2008, first time I was pretty much locked in the house, I had no friend or job, I felt sick and awfull all the time, was telling my husband that I want to go back home to see everyone.

Now I work part time and go to school, I got some friends, and I feel like I belong here)Of cause, I feel homesick sometimes, but its normal))

Mariya

Unfortunately my wife is pretty much in the situation you were in when you arrived, stuck in the house. In 2 weeks she should start her english classes, she'll be getting around a bit on her own, hopefully meet some brazilians. I really don't know what to do, hopefully her getting out a bit will make her feel better. She says that her biggest problem is that she doesn't speak english, she feels alone, she can't work because of it and I understand I just wish I could make her feel better.

October 9, 2007- VSC received I-129F

October 17, 2007- I received I-797C (NOA1)

January 11, 2008- TOUCH

January 14, 2008- Request for more evidence

January 15, 2008- TOUCH

February 26, 2008- RFE arrived at VSC

February 28, 2008- TOUCH

February 29, 2008- TOUCH

March 7, 2008- NOA2 e-mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 9, 2008- TOUCH

March 10, 2008- TOUCH

March 14, 2008- Received at NVC

March 15, 2008- I received NOA2 Hard Copy

April 9, 2008- Fiance received Packet

April 10, 2008- I received Packet from consulate

May 16, 2008- Went to Brazil to be with my fiance and do the interview with her

May 30, 2008- INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

June, 9, 2008- Visa Arrived

June 17, 2008- Fly home together

September 6, 2008- Marriage Ceremony

September 9, 2008- Got Legally Married on paper

September 18, 2008- I-94 expired

January 15, 2009- Sent AOS papers to Lawyer

January 23, 2009- Received more papers from Lawer that needed to be signed

February 6, 2009- Filed AOS

February 10, 2009- AOS NOA1

February 14, 2009- Received appointment paper for Biometrics

March 5, 2009- Biometrics appointment

April 25, 2009- Received I-131

April 29, 2009- Received EAD

May, 2, 2009- Received appointment paper

Hey everyone!

Mariya

Unfortunately my wife is pretty much in the situation you were in when you arrived, stuck in the house. In 2 weeks she should start her english classes, she'll be getting around a bit on her own, hopefully meet some brazilians. I really don't know what to do, hopefully her getting out a bit will make her feel better. She says that her biggest problem is that she doesn't speak english, she feels alone, she can't work because of it and I understand I just wish I could make her feel better.

Being in a foreign place and not being able to communicate, make friends or work can make a person miserable. You both have to be patient and you need to listen to her because she is telling you clearly what's the problem. Now, she cannot learn a language over a night, and she needs to be patient and understand that she would build the knowledge with time, and then the things will start rolling. Loneliness is a big enemy of both of you because when she gets lonely and has nothing to do, she will start thinking about her family, start comparing the new and old life, she will feel frustrated because the old life will seem much better to her, and she will not even give a chance to the new life.

I have been here for 2 months, and I must tell you it does not seem that long, and my cultural shock is not that bad at all but I only communicated with my husband and his family, and did not even go alone to the store, and that is freaking me out. There are two things that help me big time here. The first thing are my hobbies which help me kill the boredom and time till I find the job. The second thing is not really a thing but a little dog of my mother-in-law. They say animals can help people psychically, make them laugh when they are down, and I am never lonely and sad with that crazy animal. Now, I am not saying that you must get her an animal, I am just trying to illustrate how to keep her mind away from heavy thoughts and depression. Keep her busy and make her happy as much as you can. I know it is not easy, but that is what you have to do.

Edited by LA80

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Yeah, its understandable that she will feel that way.However, you have to make her fully understand that this is her new life now. And she has to go out on her crib and start acting like an adult. She choose to marry you and now she has the responsibly to be your wife.

Sit down and talk and give her options. Adjustment to a new place is not a piece of cake. let her engage to some activities that can divert her attention from missing her family.

Exactly! MAN UP!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.