gethere

VSC????

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I am young 23 along with my fiance who is a year younger. We are in the K1 process and missing each other like crazy. We were hoping for a wedding by June or July and I am just so frustrated with the system! Why is VSC SOOOOOOO SLOW??? I am confused? Why can't we get something together and do something? Would it change anything? Sorry I am just very upset and ready to see my fiance along with everyone on here :(

I doubt there is anything we can do to speed things up, however, I would dearly love to know why they are apparently approving so few at the moment, what could possibly cause such a decline in NOA2's?? The backlog would only delay things, but that in itself doesn't explain why so few are being approved right now from VSC (at least it would appear that way based on the data from VJ'ers).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I know you're just venting so i'll refrain from reminding you it's only been a couple of months ....since i'm sure others will. ;)

As far as getting together and 'doing something'... well, when i started coming to VJ in 2007, it was right after the fee increase which caused a huge influx of petitions that backed up the system for months! Also, only two service centers started handling all K-1 petitions. These approvals that are now taking 4-6 months were taking more like 8-12 with no end in sight. During that time people tried everything they could to try and light a spark under the uscis... including sending kisses (yes, hershey kisses) to the USCIS in Vermont (which they could not accept). So, not even chocolate worked! :lol:

To continue the story... then in January of 2008, VSC was approving in less than 30 days while the poor people from CSC were still taking 6+ months! Now it seems CSC is quicker than VSC.

What i'm trying to tell you is that you're not the only one who feels this way and that it has been much, much worse. What I tell people who are frustrated is to contact their representative.

Even before we were able to file I sent emails to all my reps stating my opinions regarding the process the long waits and time apart ...and the disparity between the two centers at the time. They are your voice... use them.

Until then, love your fiance... spend as much time communicating as you can and know that this will end and you will be together!

good luck

timeline.jpg

I am in the same boat. I am now in Nicaragua with my Fiance and we are considering bagging the I-129F and getting married here. There are requirements that we need to meet so we are doing some research.

When did you file? I filed in mid-October. I have called the USCIS and they are kind but unable to help. A few people have told me to hold tight because the times change drastically but it is hard to be hopefully when your waiting period doubles. :whistle: Good Luck. I will try to post any information I come across that maybe helpful.

I am young 23 along with my fiance who is a year younger. We are in the K1 process and missing each other like crazy. We were hoping for a wedding by June or July and I am just so frustrated with the system! Why is VSC SOOOOOOO SLOW??? I am confused? Why can't we get something together and do something? Would it change anything? Sorry I am just very upset and ready to see my fiance along with everyone on here :(

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
I am in the same boat. I am now in Nicaragua with my Fiance and we are considering bagging the I-129F and getting married here. There are requirements that we need to meet so we are doing some research.

When did you file? I filed in mid-October. I have called the USCIS and they are kind but unable to help. A few people have told me to hold tight because the times change drastically but it is hard to be hopefully when your waiting period doubles. :whistle: Good Luck. I will try to post any information I come across that maybe helpful.

I don't mean to be mean or anything but there are people in here still waitting from August and no answers yet.

I don't mean to be mean or anything but there are people in here still waitting from August and no answers yet.

Your not being mean...everyone is aware of the waiting times. My fear is that the time has doubled but I hear not to believe what the office says. I wish everyone luck! It would be nice to know what to expect because we are all living our lives waiting.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed mid October, not expecting approval until March time. Long as I've got my visa by October I'll be happy.

Timeline
MARCH PEOPLE FILED IN MARCH AND STILL WAITING

If you filed before the 7th March you should contact VSC as you are outside of their processing times. Please fill in your timeline. It helps the other filers.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed in August 08 and it does kill me slowly every day... But I have to keep reminding myself that it will be my turn soon...

My SO's been threatening to ban me from VJ coz I am going crazy! :D

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline
I filed in August 08 and it does kill me slowly every day... But I have to keep reminding myself that it will be my turn soon...

My SO's been threatening to ban me from VJ coz I am going crazy! :D

:lol:

i used to drive myself crazy looking at igor's list all the time, don't do it! try and keep yourself busy in the meantime, you'll get there in the end and all the waiting will have been worthwhile. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I doubt there is anything we can do to speed things up, however, I would dearly love to know why they are apparently approving so few at the moment, what could possibly cause such a decline in NOA2's?? The backlog would only delay things, but that in itself doesn't explain why so few are being approved right now from VSC (at least it would appear that way based on the data from VJ'ers).

We got ours in 5 mos so yours should not be long from now! To speed it up pray to God!

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.