shamrock21

Dublin Airport Pre Clearance

30 posts in this topic

They do some pre-clearance for flights to the US from Dublin. Not all routes however. For example - AA to O'hare, they don't.

I flew with AA from Dublin to O'Hare and cleared immigration in Dublin.

I think the general rule is that if you fly out of Dublin and your next stop is in the US, you will go through immigration in Dublin.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
They do some pre-clearance for flights to the US from Dublin. Not all routes however. For example - AA to O'hare, they don't.

I flew with AA from Dublin to O'Hare and cleared immigration in Dublin.

I think the general rule is that if you fly out of Dublin and your next stop is in the US, you will go through immigration in Dublin.

Not always, I've flew Aer Linugs a few times direct Dublin - Orlando and never went through US Immigration in Dublin. We few once with Continental and where processed for US Immigration in Shannon after boarding in Dublin. I also few a no name, pack em in as tight as we can airline again direct Dublin to Orlando (Sanford) and no US Immigration till I arrived in the US.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I found this, not super recent, but from my personal experience it is correct -

"Due to congestion, US immigration services in Dublin Airport only serve certain flights. Clients with onward connections in the US ought leave sufficient time to clear immigration upon arrival in the US if travelling on the following flights which are not being precleared in Dublin :

* American Airlines to Chicago

* Aer Lingus to Dulles

* Aer Lingus to San Francisco

* Aer Lingus to Orlando

* Aer Lingus Flight 109 to JFK

* Continental Airlines Flight 127 to Newark

* US Airways to Philadelphia"

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

"Due to congestion, US immigration services in Dublin Airport only serve certain flights. Clients with onward connections in the US ought leave sufficient time to clear immigration upon arrival in the US if travelling on the following flights which are not being precleared in Dublin :

* Aer Lingus to Dulles

* Aer Lingus to Orlando

We flew that stupid continental flight to Newark, where we transferred for Orlando. That stupid continental flight stopped in Shannon and we did US Immigration there!

We didn't have a good flight with continental at all.. the cabin crew had a wee fight in the back about who to feed first. Those that paid least but where closer to the food or those who paid more?.. the people packing the bags could be seen out the window throwing them all over the place.. our "stopover" wasn't much of a stop stopover.. we got off the plane and told via the screens go to gate 10 (I don't remember the right numbers now) we had to run, we were late in and the plane was about to go! Then when we got to the gate on the other side of the airport we where told.. ohh no go to gate 67 other side of the airport... when we got there we had an unfriendly continental employee tell us it was closing and we where late. We said sorry but we didn't know it was at this gate, screen said different.. with an attitude she barked "well I was calling it for the last hour"...

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Other Timeline

* Aer Lingus to Dulles

* Aer Lingus to Orlando

We flew that stupid continental flight to Newark, where we transferred for Orlando. That stupid continental flight stopped in Shannon and we did US Immigration there!

We didn't have a good flight with continental at all.. the cabin crew had a wee fight in the back about who to feed first. Those that paid least but where closer to the food or those who paid more?.. the people packing the bags could be seen out the window throwing them all over the place.. our "stopover" wasn't much of a stop stopover.. we got off the plane and told via the screens go to gate 10 (I don't remember the right numbers now) we had to run, we were late in and the plane was about to go! Then when we got to the gate on the other side of the airport we where told.. ohh no go to gate 67 other side of the airport... when we got there we had an unfriendly continental employee tell us it was closing and we where late. We said sorry but we didn't know it was at this gate, screen said different.. with an attitude she barked "well I was calling it for the last hour"...

Don't you just love flying?

I freaking hate it. Especially the pay-hundreds-of-dollars-get-herded-like-cattle bit.

I freaking hate it. Especially the pay-hundreds-of-dollars-get-herded-like-cattle bit.

It sure beats "pay-hundreds-of-dollars-get-herded-like-cattle-then-land-in-a-river" ;-)

Aidan, Slightly Bonkers: I stand corrected.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Timeline

* Aer Lingus to Dulles

* Aer Lingus to Orlando

i was sure that every flight from dublin have a pre-clearance in dublin but now i dont understand anything! im flying on friday to newar (flight 127) and i have no idea if i will have this pre-clearance or not? can somebody tell me? i want to have pre-clearance in dublin.... it will be horrible if i will need to change my ticket now... damn... :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I believe flight 127 to Newark will not have Dublin preclearance until 2010. There's no need to change your ticket, just go through immigration in Newark instead.

Filed: Timeline
I believe flight 127 to Newark will not have Dublin preclearance until 2010. There's no need to change your ticket, just go through immigration in Newark instead.

thanks for reply.. im trying to change my flight, cause i have polish passport and now, in newark is horrible us clearance when you're from poland... thats so stupid but real. again, thanks ! wish me luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We took flight 127 when we immigrated in October of 2008, it did not have Irish pre-clearance. I was a bit annoyed, but actually tyhe immigration in Newark was no problem, I was finger printed and out before our bagage was even through!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, i am going to my country morocco, 2 months ago i booked the flight thru Aerlingus. com the airline website, and i was not able to book the flight from arizona to morocco, i have to book 2 separate tickets, one from arizona to dublin and then other from dublin to morocco. Couple weeks ago they call me saying that the flight that i was suppose to take from dublin to the US on Feb 14 is canceled and there will be a flight on Feb 15th, my flight from morocco to dublin is on Feb 13, so now i have to stay in dublin for 2 days or almost as it is about 38 hours . my question is, do i need visa to stay in the airport for that period, am not planning to get a hotel, as i checked and it was about 100 dollars, so i planned to just deal with it and stay in the airport. do i need a visa for that? although i dont want to leave the airport?

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

National Morocco (MA)

Transit Ireland (Republic of) (IE)

Destination U.S.A. (US)

ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Ireland (Republic of) (IE)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those who continue their journey to a third country within 24 hours by the same or the first connecting aircraft, do not leave the airport and hold tickets and documents for their onward journey:Additional Information:

- Visitors must hold sufficient funds. Immigration officers can request visitors travelling to Ireland (Rep. of) to show return/onward tickets or prove their intention to travel by other means of transportation. A person not holding tickets, must be able to prove to the immigration officer, the

intention to leave the country, or otherwise risk being denied entry.

YMMV

Timeline
Hi, i am going to my country morocco, 2 months ago i booked the flight thru Aerlingus. com the airline website, and i was not able to book the flight from arizona to morocco, i have to book 2 separate tickets, one from arizona to dublin and then other from dublin to morocco. Couple weeks ago they call me saying that the flight that i was suppose to take from dublin to the US on Feb 14 is canceled and there will be a flight on Feb 15th, my flight from morocco to dublin is on Feb 13, so now i have to stay in dublin for 2 days or almost as it is about 38 hours . my question is, do i need visa to stay in the airport for that period, am not planning to get a hotel, as i checked and it was about 100 dollars, so i planned to just deal with it and stay in the airport. do i need a visa for that? although i dont want to leave the airport?

Thank you alot for your search, that helps. The problem is that i have to stay for about 40 hours, because they changed the flight going from dublin to the US , from 14th feb to 15 feb. I will stay at the airport and ask what i have to do.

AOS

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

ROC

I-90

N400 :

Timeline

i will have to wait for about 40 hours in the airport for my next flight to the US. I hope i will get an answer from ireland consulate tomorrow, as i called earlier today and none answerd. thank you again for your reply.

AOS

ROC

I-90

N400 :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was told the list of flights that don't do pre-clearance is:

American Airlines to Chicago

Aer Lingus to Dulles

Aer Lingus to San Francisco

Aer Lingus to Orlando

Aer Lingus Flight 109 to JFK

Continental Airlines Flight 127 to Newark

US Airways to Philadelphia

I went through Pre-Clearance for US Airways to Philadelphia on Sunday, so that is inaccurate.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.