JeremyR

Is there an alternative way to get an InfoPass appt?

9 posts in this topic

Hi again, I can't really find a good place to stick this thread so I'm putting it here ;)

I've been trying since just after Christmas to get an Infopass appointment with Atlanta field office (I need an EAD enquiry appointment). I've entered my Zip and clicked the options hundreds of times since then and I have never been able to get an appointment. Every single time, it says "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

I can understand if they had a holiday busy spell and were full up for a couple of days but this is ridiculous. Clearly, something is fubar'd with their system at the moment.

Is there another way to get an Infopass scheduled when the website doesn't work? The misinformation line didn't seem to help...

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hi again, I can't really find a good place to stick this thread so I'm putting it here ;)

I've been trying since just after Christmas to get an Infopass appointment with Atlanta field office (I need an EAD enquiry appointment). I've entered my Zip and clicked the options hundreds of times since then and I have never been able to get an appointment. Every single time, it says "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

I can understand if they had a holiday busy spell and were full up for a couple of days but this is ridiculous. Clearly, something is fubar'd with their system at the moment.

Is there another way to get an Infopass scheduled when the website doesn't work? The misinformation line didn't seem to help...

Hey! My name is Jen, the same thing has happened to me. I e-mailed them about it and just got a canned answer asking me to call the number... yet, when I call the number, it tells me to check their website for the information I'm looking for.

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try selecting different options when you call. There may not be an appointment under one option but there will be one under another. No idea if this will work or not but it is worth a try.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I tried that and yes, if I select a 'simple' appointment like need a form or just a generic case-status appointment, then it will ask for my details and presumably offer an appointment. If I turn up there with an appointment for one thing and say 'actually, I need something else' then surely they'll show me the exit? :unsure:

07/18/08 - Married

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I tried that and yes, if I select a 'simple' appointment like need a form or just a generic case-status appointment, then it will ask for my details and presumably offer an appointment. If I turn up there with an appointment for one thing and say 'actually, I need something else' then surely they'll show me the exit? :unsure:

I would say try to get that available appointment time first (better than you can't get one at all), coz when I arrived that place for my Infopass appointment, they just ask me what question I want to ask and help me with my concerns, they did not check how did I schedule that appointment. Hope this helps!

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

I would say try to get that available appointment time first (better than you can't get one at all), coz when I arrived that place for my Infopass appointment, they just ask me what question I want to ask and help me with my concerns, they did not check how did I schedule that appointment. Hope this helps!

Our Congressional superhero has requested an interim EAD on my behalf (but doesn't think they'll issue one) so I'm not making the Infopass right now. Thanks for the tips though :)

07/18/08 - Married

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had the same problem Friday so I called the misinformation line and was told when the infopass says there are no information appointments available for the office in your area, Please try back again later, that it means they are booked for the next 3 weeks. However, I was then told to keep trying several times a day because people do cancel their appointments and maybe there will be an opening. So this morning I tried and sure enough, there was an opening for the day of the 26th this month.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If you haven't received your EAD and it's already passed your priority date, you can call the USCIS customer service(1-800-375-5283) and speak with one of the representatives. Since your EAD case it's been awhile, you can request for your EAD case to be expedited. They will give you a confirmation number about expedited service for EAD (make sure you receive this confirmation number because it's a proof that they do request the expedited service to National Benefits Center for your EAD) and usually you will hear something from USCIS within a week.

You don't need to get an InfoPass for EAD case because you can do it over the phone. That's what I did with my EAD case.

Hope this helps

If you haven't received your EAD and it's already passed your priority date, you can call the USCIS customer service(1-800-375-5283) and speak with one of the representatives. Since your EAD case it's been awhile, you can request for your EAD case to be expedited. They will give you a confirmation number about expedited service for EAD (make sure you receive this confirmation number because it's a proof that they do request the expedited service to National Benefits Center for your EAD) and usually you will hear something from USCIS within a week.

You don't need to get an InfoPass for EAD case because you can do it over the phone. That's what I did with my EAD case.

Hope this helps

Unfortunately, been there, done that, got several t-shirts :(

Whilst it's plain to see that they're outside the intention of the law regarding EAD processing times, they are unfortunately inside the letter of the law, which allows them to reset the 90-day limit every time they send out an RFE on any other pending case. All my requests to expedite, get service requests, involve congressional reps, etc have been met with a stone-wall "wait until it's 90 days beyond any RFE before requesting service". Last week they picked up my 485 case for the first time since October... and immediately RFE'd it again (there's a strong suspicion they've lost some documents this time, I'll find out soon). So, I'm back to the start, EAD processing time wise :crying:

That said, we have an immigration liaison from our local Congressman's office working with us at the moment and as soon as this latest RFE is returned, she's going to "hound them" (her words :)) until they process. So hopefully it won't be much longer now!

07/18/08 - Married

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.