Willow2009

W2 required?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am reading the instructions for filling out the I-134, Affidavit of Support, and I am unsure in what situation does the sponsor have to supply a W2. According to the instructuions W2 has to be given only by the sponsors who are self employed, but I believe I have read that everyone needs to provide it.

Can you please help if you know the answer.

Thank you for everything,

Eva

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Call IRS to fax you a 3 years Tax transcrpt. It's free. In this way you DO NOT need W2.

VSC K1 & N400 Timeline:

1/05/2009 Sent I-129F, G-325A + other documents as required. $455 fee
1/09/2009 NOA1 Petitioner received
4/30/2009 NOA2 Petitioner received (approved in 105 days from NOA1 3.5months)
6/08/2009 Packet 3 Petitioner received
6/20/2009 Packet 4 Petitioner received, mail everything from above forms & I-134 plus other doc as required for beneficiary
7/23/2009 Interview @ 7am, Interview passed- visa pick up July 31st
------------
9/13/2009 Arrived in JFK
9/15/2009 Applied for Marriage License $40
9/29/2009 Applied SSN (bring SS-5, Passport, & I-94). Went to local County District Court for Marriage License $38.50 fee... Officially Marriage. Received SS card in less then 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, apply for State Photo ID
--------------
10/22/2009 Mail AOS forms (I-485,G-325A,I-864,I-131, I-765, plus support doc) $1,010 fee
10/29/2009 I-797C, NOA (I-485, I-131, and I-765)
11/16/2009 I-797C, NOA, I-485 transfer to CSC - No interview
11/24/2009 Biometrics App't (I-485, I-765)
12/14/2009 I-131 Approved
12/17/2009 I-765 Approved
12/22/2009 I-485 Approval letter/Welcome to America
--------------
08/22/2011 Letter from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/01/2011 2nd notice from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/26/2011 Mail I-751 w/supporting doc
10/03/2011 Check cleared
10/03/2011 I-797C, NOA
11/07/2011 USCIS App't
11/07/2011 Approved
06/20/2012 GC Arrived
--------------
01/30/2013 Mail N-400, G-1145, & supporting doc
02/20/2013 Fingerprint App't
04/16/2013 Interview - PASSED

04/29/2013 Naturalization Oath Ceremony at 2pm

Call IRS to fax you a 3 years Tax transcrpt. It's free. In this way you DO NOT need W2.

Can you please explain what a Tax Transcript is? So this is acceptable as well?

Thank you,

Eva

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I am reading the instructions for filling out the I-134, Affidavit of Support, and I am unsure in what situation does the sponsor have to supply a W2. According to the instructuions W2 has to be given only by the sponsors who are self employed, but I believe I have read that everyone needs to provide it.

Eva

Typically a self-employed individual will not have a W-2 as this is for a regular employee, so to require it only for those individuals, would be a near impossibility

moving to consulate forum as that is where I-134 discussion is suggested to be.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Eva

You won't read anything in the I-134 instructions about a W2. The instructions indicate a self employed person should provide a tax return. Self employed don't have W2 forms. Employed people do.

Further, there are "requirements" and there are "best practices". The best practice is to include three years of tax transcripts or complete returns including all schedules, W2s, 1099s etc.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi everyone,

Eva

You won't read anything in the I-134 instructions about a W2. The instructions indicate a self employed person should provide a tax return. Self employed don't have W2 forms. Employed people do.

Further, there are "requirements" and there are "best practices". The best practice is to include three years of tax transcripts or complete returns including all schedules, W2s, 1099s etc.

So everyone needs to provide some kind of tax information?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.