oh hene wa

I-130 approved

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

I-130 approved 1-5 09, case at NVC now, called to check on things and they said spouse only can come on I-130.

My husband has 2 children, and I was told the children cant come with him. I called NVC two times to confirm this

and the same answer both times. Can some one please help me, what do I need to do to get my kids here.

I was told by USCIS I only had 30 days to file an I-129F, I called USCIS so many times about this and always got the same answer

you cant file the I-129F. Last night the person at the NVC told me to call USCIS anain and talk to them, I did and USCIS said I should have filed the

I-129F, I explained everything and they said they are sorry but the I-130 is approved now and there is nothing they can do.

I need to know what to do now, Please help me.

My kids are 8yrs old and 3 yrs old.

ExoS.jpg.png

Marriage : 2007-11-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-07-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-30

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-05

NVC Received : 2009-01-07

NVC Completed: 2009-09-16

NO Interview date as of yet: 2009-11-17

NO Interview date as of yet: 2009-12-20

NO Interview date as of yet: 2010-01-17

NO Interview date as of yet: 2010-02-12

GOD be with all of you !!!!!!

Keep the faith and know one day you will be together........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We do not call it around here the USCIS mis-information line for nothing....

The I-130 does NOT have derivative benefit and each intended immigrant visa applicant needs there own I-130... which means that at the time of the I-130 filing, if you wanted all three to come on an immigrant visa, all three I-130's should have been filed at that time. I-129F has derivative benefit but will not be processed once the I-130 for the parent has been approved.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The I-130 does NOT have derivative benefit and each intended immigrant visa applicant needs there own I-130... which means that at the time of the I-130 filing, if you wanted all three to come on an immigrant visa, all three I-130's should have been filed at that time. I-129F has derivative benefit but will not be processed once the I-130 for the parent has been approved.

The above is exactly correct. It is too late to do anything derivitive for the children. They'll need their own I-130s filed. You can delay the spouse visa process while the children catch up. May I ask how you got the impression the children could accompany their parent based on filing one I-130?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The above is exactly correct. It is too late to do anything derivitive for the children. They'll need their own I-130s filed. You can delay the spouse visa process while the children catch up. May I ask how you got the impression the children could accompany their parent based on filing one I-130?

from the people at the USCIS in Dec 07 I thought they are always right, I always called and recalled, to make sure they were right.

now I am no closer then when I first started...

How can I stall my husbands wont it take 6 more months

now I will turn to this board for help because someone else has gone thru this as well

somewhere

ExoS.jpg.png

Timeline

That is all i have gotten from them all this time was mis information, and nothing but

ExoS.jpg.png

Timeline

from the people at the USCIS in Dec 07 I thought they are always right, I always called and recalled, to make sure they were right.

now I will turn to this board for help because someone else has gone thru this as well

somewhere

To stall it, wait for communication from NVC. Respond with a letter indicating you'll resume when your children's I-130s arrive there. They'll just hold it for up to a year for any reason you give them or none at all.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

somewhere

To stall it, wait for communication from NVC. Respond with a letter indicating you'll resume when your children's I-130s arrive there. They'll just hold it for up to a year for any reason you give them or none at all.

Really,

So tell me please how long will it take for the kids?

Is there any way to speed up there application?

Because if my husband comes without them there is no one in Ghana to take care of them.

So is there a way to speed up the process so everything will meet up?

Should I include a copy of my husbands filing stuff and the approval (NOA 1 and the NOA 2) as proof there fathers

application has been approved and at NVC waiting on there I-130?

I really need help to get this right this time

thank you for your help.

ExoS.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

We are going thru a some what similar situation. My I-130 was already appoved back in March and we are STILL waiting for the USCIS to approve my sons petition. I can really relate to the emotional strains this causes and hope you will be able to file for your children as soon as possible so you can all be reunited again. Bes of luck

My Visa journey:

Married August 10, 2007 in NYC

I-130 mailed to VSC via Chicago: March 13, 2008

NOA1 received: March 24, 2008

NOA2 received: May 22, 2008 (Approved yaaaaay!!!)

DS3032 choice of agent generated: June 14, 2008

Mailed Choice of Agent: June 14, 2008 (and emailed the NVC as well with my Choice Of Agent hoping to speed up things a bit)

Hubby received IV bill: June,2008

DS3032 entered the system: June 23, 2008

Thought my child needed the same papers as I did so we petitioned for him and decided to let his papers reac NVC before taking further action, but discovered he is indeed eligible for U.S citizenship- 7 months wasted arrrrrghhh! NOW WE ARE IN A HURRY! :)

AOS and IV fee Paid:xxxx

Receive AOS package

Receive DS230 package:xxxx

Mail DS230 package:xxxx

DS20 entered into system:xxxx

Case Complete: xxxx

Medical:xxxx

Visa Interview:xxxx

Visa Approved:xxxx

Visa in hand:xxxx

POE (JFK airport, New York): xxxx

Timeline

somewhere

Really,

So tell me please how long will it take for the kids?

Is there any way to speed up there application?

Because if my husband comes without them there is no one in Ghana to take care of them.

So is there a way to speed up the process so everything will meet up?

Should I include a copy of my husbands filing stuff and the approval (NOA 1 and the NOA 2) as proof there fathers

application has been approved and at NVC waiting on there I-130?

I really need help to get this right this time

thank you for your help.

Yes, I would include the documents but not expect it to speed things. It's not their mistake.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question about this further, I am not in this boat but it strikes me as a possible issue to contend with.

The I130 does not include reciprocal children the I129 for a K3 does, If the I130 and the I129 come in near the same time and if the I129 is canceled by the I130, what happens to the children if you did not file an I130 for them

• 1 month later...
Timeline
I have a question about this further, I am not in this boat but it strikes me as a possible issue to contend with.

The I130 does not include reciprocal children the I129 for a K3 does, If the I130 and the I129 come in near the same time and if the I129 is canceled by the I130, what happens to the children if you did not file an I130 for them

You know what you have a very good question here.....

Is there someone out here that knows the answer to this?????

ExoS.jpg.png

Timeline
We are going thru a some what similar situation. My I-130 was already appoved back in March and we are STILL waiting for the USCIS to approve my sons petition. I can really relate to the emotional strains this causes and hope you will be able to file for your children as soon as possible so you can all be reunited again. Bes of luck

Thank you for your kind words..

Sorry so long to get back you you and say thank you for your support

but working to stay busy, and busy to keep from going crazy with worrie.

The process of getting all the papers for the kids has been so very long and so

very hard but almost done, with that part the next part is getting it in order and

getting it all turned in. So pray with us as we pray things will go fast and smooth

and we will be a big family so very soon.

thank you again. :yes:

ExoS.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

I would be contacting my congressman and senetor pointing out the you were going the K3 route bu as USCIS has approved the I-130 faster than the I-129 they(USCIS) have cancelled your K3 and now the children have lost their derivative benefits and you are now being forced to delay the visa for your spouse as you now have to file I-130's for the Children and wait the 6 - 8 months for them to be approved. If the K3 had been allowed to continue then the Children would have been able to accompany their father on K4 visa's.

Good Luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

So if your I130 gets approved before the I129F then you have no choice but to follow the I130? Is this true? My husband and I need to follow the K3 so he can interview in Montreal. He lives in Canada and it would be a hardship for him to have to go to the embassy in Turkey.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.