Juicy-n-Jamaica

In need of Serious Advice

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Day everyone..... I am serious need of advice and prayer

First of all I made a big mistake of marrying a guy 2 years ago that I thought I was in love with mind you just coming out of a relationship he was the first to show me that he cared. Not to mention the fact that he is a Nigerian he was denied his visa over a year ago. The embassy sent the petition back to the states and I have not heard anything. To be honest with you I dont want to hear anything. I want to withdraw the petition and get a divorce. About 4 months ago I went to Jamaica and met the greatest person in the world. He knows that I am married. He knows everything about me and he wants to be with me. He is not too interested in coming to the states he wants me to move there. I dont think thats possible. Anyway i really need advice on what to do next. I surely can not and will not try to rush things and marry this guy I want to take it nice and slow. So really what I want is you alls opinion on what should I do next. I know 1 thing i will be back in Jamaica next week. Help me PLEASE

Mailed CR1 via Chicago Lockbox July 1, 2011

July 1 I-130 sent via Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox

July 4 Received UPS notifcation of delivery and signature

July 5 Received NOA1

July 8 Touched

July 11 Received Hard copy of NOA 1 in mail

Oct 13 NOA 2 (God I Thank You)

Oct 17 Petition arrived at NVC

Nov 9 Paid AOS Fee/mailed Next day delivery

Nov 17 Paid IV Fee/mailed next day delivery rec. 11/21

Nov 22 Case Complete..Look at God Case complete in 1 day

Jan 09 Medical Appointment

Jan 27 Interview Date/ Request Petitioner

Feb 02 2nd Interview/APPROVED

Feb 20 POE Miami

Jerimiah 29:11~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Filed: Timeline
Good Day everyone..... I am serious need of advice and prayer

First of all I made a big mistake of marrying a guy 2 years ago that I thought I was in love with mind you just coming out of a relationship he was the first to show me that he cared. Not to mention the fact that he is a Nigerian he was denied his visa over a year ago. The embassy sent the petition back to the states and I have not heard anything. To be honest with you I dont want to hear anything. I want to withdraw the petition and get a divorce. About 4 months ago I went to Jamaica and met the greatest person in the world. He knows that I am married. He knows everything about me and he wants to be with me. He is not too interested in coming to the states he wants me to move there. I dont think thats possible. Anyway i really need advice on what to do next. I surely can not and will not try to rush things and marry this guy I want to take it nice and slow. So really what I want is you alls opinion on what should I do next. I know 1 thing i will be back in Jamaica next week. Help me PLEASE

Hey JJ, welcome to the forum...first I would say work on getting a divorce, then take it from there. One more thing, are you sure you're ready for another LDR at this time?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There's absolutely nothing you can do about his immigration to the USA (which is the purpose of Visa Journey) until you are divorced.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi J&J and welcome - I agree with Lawny - Work on getting your divorce - Take things slow with the new guy, see what develops - 4 months is not a long time to jump into a new marriage relationship - Work on sorting your life first, and see where things lead.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Hi J&J and welcome - I agree with Lawny - Work on getting your divorce - Take things slow with the new guy, see what develops - 4 months is not a long time to jump into a new marriage relationship - Work on sorting your life first, and see where things lead.

AMEN!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

First : get divorced. It's not fair for the other guy to be sitting there, thinking you still love him...

Until that is done, you should not consider anything else...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
First : get divorced. It's not fair for the other guy to be sitting there, thinking you still love him...

How did u get that the guy is sitting thinking she loves him? He should have thought about that when he tried to scam her..

JJ..take ur time with this..u need a divorce before anything

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

How did u get that the guy is sitting thinking she loves him? He should have thought about that when he tried to scam her..

From the OP's statement "he was the first to show me that he cared"...

Where do you get that he tried to scam her? The way I read the post was she fell in love, tried to get the visa, it fell through, she doesn't want to wait/continue the process and get a divorce. Regardless if he is Nigerian, that doesn't equal "scammer" all the time.

I can only go on what the OP posted. Nothing more.

But the advice is the same - Divorce first... :thumbs:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Hmm..what would be the purpose of this statement?

"To be honest with you I dont want to hear anything. I want to withdraw the petition and get a divorce. "

Why do you not want to hear anything? you know what it doesn't even matter..just get ur divorce so u can be free to make ur choices..goodluck

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

"To be honest with you I dont want to hear anything. I want to withdraw the petition and get a divorce. "

I made that statement because of the length of seperation and the lack of communication, I have lost love for him. I believe those things are very necc. to maintain a relationship, especially a long-distance on. Nonetheless I have heard what you all have said and Thanks very much.

Mailed CR1 via Chicago Lockbox July 1, 2011

July 1 I-130 sent via Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox

July 4 Received UPS notifcation of delivery and signature

July 5 Received NOA1

July 8 Touched

July 11 Received Hard copy of NOA 1 in mail

Oct 13 NOA 2 (God I Thank You)

Oct 17 Petition arrived at NVC

Nov 9 Paid AOS Fee/mailed Next day delivery

Nov 17 Paid IV Fee/mailed next day delivery rec. 11/21

Nov 22 Case Complete..Look at God Case complete in 1 day

Jan 09 Medical Appointment

Jan 27 Interview Date/ Request Petitioner

Feb 02 2nd Interview/APPROVED

Feb 20 POE Miami

Jerimiah 29:11~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

So did you see now how quick you were jumping into conclusions about scamming and being scammed?

This is shameful. It wasnt scam, it was time, break in communication and distance!

To the OP, they are right, start with a divorce then concentrate on love.

Meanwhile if i live in Jamaica and want to scam you i could too, cos i know you wont want to leave the God bless America to come live with me in Jamaica, get a job and start all over, for you it ll be easier to bring me there so, you would have to convince me after a while to come to the states so eventually, your way yes, but i still get here!

Why did i write this? just to let you know that its good to be cautious, 4 months isnt that long a time when you consider what you want out of it... a lifetime.

I know you didnt ask your question to be given a lecture on love and how to know which is right or wrong, neither do i know you or your SO to know how sincere or fake he might be.... no no no.

I'm only saying, you ll still have to go through this same immigrations you did with the nigerian that was denied in the cause of time and truely....it takes time!.

So take all the time you ll want.... and be sure its the one!

No harm intended.

Edited by Beautiful_years

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Timeline

So did you see now how quick you were jumping into conclusions about scamming and being scammed?

This is shameful. It wasnt scam, it was time, break in communication and distance!

To the OP, they are right, start with a divorce then concentrate on love.

Meanwhile if i live in Jamaica and want to scam you i could too, cos i know you wont want to leave the God bless America to come live with me in Jamaica, get a job and start all over, for you it ll be easier to bring me there so, you would have to convince me after a while to come to the states so eventually, your way yes, but i still get here!

Why did i write this? just to let you know that its good to be cautious, 4 months isnt that long a time when you consider what you want out of it... a lifetime.

I know you didnt ask your question to be given a lecture on love and how to know which is right or wrong, neither do i know you or your SO to know how sincere or fake he might be.... no no no.

I'm only saying, you ll still have to go through this same immigrations you did with the nigerian that was denied in the cause of time and truely....it takes time!.

So take all the time you ll want.... and be sure its the one!

No harm intended.

Ok..and I won't be that last!! U guys act like scammers aree not out there..in EVERY country!!...I thought a marriage is something u worked at?! not just give up on, and u try everything u possibly can to be together and THEN make a decision when all fails?

And everything u posted is not saying SCAM SCAM SCAM..BE CAREFUL BECAREFUL!!..PLEASE!

Edited by Hotlegz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Since you asked for advise and prayers and I do not have anything else to add to the advice column I will definitely keep you in my prayers girl. Please put yourself first and everything will fall in place.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.