golybki T_V

Which POE to choose???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all my VJ family :)

I have a question for you, I'm (USC) getting all the paperwork ready now for the upcoming interview and with God's help I hope we will pass and be on our way to US :D

But then I was wondering if you can help me, is there a requirement on which POE I have to use?

Someone told me that first time arrivals have to go thru JFK? is that true?

I live in Portland OR and so I would really want to have just straight flight from Amsterdam to Portland instead of 2 stops you know.

Please help me and let me know if there is requirements or better POE to use.

Thank You!!!!

7-22-2008 Sent I129F to CSC

7-31-2008 NOA1

12-8-2008 checked case status online.. APPROVED!!!

12-12-2008 received hard copy NOA2 !!!!!

12-17-2008 received NVC Case # !!!!!

1-5-2009 received Packet 3!!!!!

1-22-2009 Interview Date!!!!! Please pray for us!

2-5-2009 US here we come :)

4-19-2009 Wedding Day!!!

AOS

6-4-2009 AOS Filed!!!

6-25-2009 Fingerprints appt!!!

7-9-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-14-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-15-2009 email: "Approval Notice Sent"

7-17-2009 EAD Card received

9-15-2009 AOS Interview

7y3zfuchf.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question for you, I'm (USC) getting all the paperwork ready now for the upcoming interview and with God's help I hope we will pass and be on our way to US :D

But then I was wondering if you can help me, is there a requirement on which POE I have to use?

I live in Portland OR and so I would really want to have just straight flight from Amsterdam to Portland instead of 2 stops you know.

Thank You!!!!

any POE can process a K-1... choose your itinerary based on your needs, wants & requirements...

moving from K-1

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

so I can use Portland then right?

oh ok great :thumbs: that answers my question, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!! :)

7-22-2008 Sent I129F to CSC

7-31-2008 NOA1

12-8-2008 checked case status online.. APPROVED!!!

12-12-2008 received hard copy NOA2 !!!!!

12-17-2008 received NVC Case # !!!!!

1-5-2009 received Packet 3!!!!!

1-22-2009 Interview Date!!!!! Please pray for us!

2-5-2009 US here we come :)

4-19-2009 Wedding Day!!!

AOS

6-4-2009 AOS Filed!!!

6-25-2009 Fingerprints appt!!!

7-9-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-14-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-15-2009 email: "Approval Notice Sent"

7-17-2009 EAD Card received

9-15-2009 AOS Interview

7y3zfuchf.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
so I can use Portland then right?

Yes, if you can book a flight where the first stop in the USA is Portland. POE is first USA stop.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

PDX is a nice airport to fly into. They don't handle many international arrivals so the wait shouldn't be too long

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

edited

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Where did you get the information that JFK was the required POE? It might be helpful for any other VJer (or others) consulting that source to know that the information you received was wrong.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Thank You!!!!

I think you mean JFK is a recommended POE, because it is the only POE in the USA as of date that stamps the 90 day temp EAD upon arrival of the K-1 visa holder. Sometimes you have to ask them to do it if they don't just stamp it automatically, but they are the only ones that do it upon arrival. So unless this temp 90 day EAD is of high importance to you and your fiance, it doesn't matter what POE you choose in the USA.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank You!!!!

I think you mean JFK is a recommended POE, because it is the only POE in the USA as of date that stamps the 90 day temp EAD upon arrival of the K-1 visa holder. Sometimes you have to ask them to do it if they don't just stamp it automatically, but they are the only ones that do it upon arrival. So unless this temp 90 day EAD is of high importance to you and your fiance, it doesn't matter what POE you choose in the USA.

You can use any airport which accepts incoming international passenger flights. Ditto's to MARM's perfect answer! If you want the temporary EAD stamp, go through JFK. Incidently if you file for the I-765 and AOS before the temp EAD expires she can continue working for another 90 days (usually more than enough to receive the GC or EAD)

If your fiancee has no plans of working in the immediate future it is not an issue. My fiancee (now wife) chose to get a "small job" to improve her English (she works in a woman's clothing store at a mall)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.