HisGirl

about Sending in the I-130 Petition

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

my husband and I are in the final stages of getting all our documents and evidence together for the I-130 petition.

I am the more organized of the both of us and was wondering if I am able to mail the complete package here, from Canada?

Does the petition have to be mailed from inside the USA?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does not matter where it is mailed from.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Does not matter where it is mailed from.

i agree that it doesnt matter where it is mailed from.

but, you would be surprised that after they recieve your application/petition, they cut out the front of the envelope and keep it for their records. when i had sent my naturalization application incorrectly, they returned it back to me with a cutting of the front of the envelope that i had originally sent it in.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks, I will mail it from here.

the packet has so much stuff included, its going to be 5 pounds by the time i mail it in!

Then seriously consider cutting it down to less than a pound. Sounds like you're overdoing it in a grand style. Your petition is not judged on weight but may be shuffled around and put aside for a while when nobody wants to deal with such a whale.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

eeek really?

we write many letters to each other and as part of our evidence of our relationship we photocopied envelopes back and forth since we met, his photocopies alone was about 50 pages!

what should I do?

we dont really have any other evidence like phone logs, online chats or anything.

we have the envelopes, pictures together and receipts from visits to each other.

will that be enough? how many photocopies of envelopes should we include?

yikes!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We included less than 10 pictures of us through the years and of our wedding/reception. We had maybe 4 cards and a 10 e-mails. It was all in all very light application. You do not need to overwhelm them with information. You need a selection of your letters (maybe spanning your relationship) but certainly not them all.

Good Luck! Welcome to the journey!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
eeek really?

we write many letters to each other and as part of our evidence of our relationship we photocopied envelopes back and forth since we met, his photocopies alone was about 50 pages!

what should I do?

we dont really have any other evidence like phone logs, online chats or anything.

we have the envelopes, pictures together and receipts from visits to each other.

will that be enough? how many photocopies of envelopes should we include?

yikes!

For the petition filing, I'd submit maybe 4 of the envelope copies, half a dozen pictures taken with different family members and/or at different places and times, as well as evidence of multiple visits. Just the passport stamps will suffice. Then at the interview have more examples available. Maybe a few actual letters spread over time. Feel free to black out anything too personal. If there are more visits, show the passport stamps (and boarding passes if you have them). If you do talk on the phone, start using a service that can provide a log of the calls. If you do chat, use a log and a few examples of your chats.

Bear in mind anything you submit with the petition, you'll be carrying back in your carry-on luggage when you use the visa and everybody who handles your file in the meantime will snarl at you for having to deal with such unnecessary bulk.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We included less than 10 pictures of us through the years and of our wedding/reception. We had maybe 4 cards and a 10 e-mails. It was all in all very light application. You do not need to overwhelm them with information. You need a selection of your letters (maybe spanning your relationship) but certainly not them all.

Good Luck! Welcome to the journey!

I want to use emails for evidence also but am worried that if I translate them myself(they are in roman urdu. meaning urdu language written in english) they may not be excepted as evidence. The only chat logs and emails we have are all in roman urdu. The only photos of us together are from the wedding and after of our short marriage life we got to spend together...would that be okay or will there be a need to prove our relationship before the marriage. We don't have much except for chat logs and emails and cell phone bills from before we got married mostly because as a muslim couple...we weren't allowed to be seen together in the first place. Do you think explaining that could help? Would supplying 2-3 affidavits of his relatives incl. 1 or 2 well established names in Pakistan's affidavits be good enough if all of this is all the evidence we will be supplying.

What do you think I should do for the translating of the emails and chat logs?

Should I send the evidences with the i-130 and then later with the i864 also? or how/when would it be best to send evidence?

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i currently signed up for life insurance with my son and husband as the beneficiary...only 9$ a month and the insurance is 150,000$...not much but its just for now, another evidence for a bona fide marriage. also i just sent 100$ to him...not that i do that and he needs money from me but just to show we have co mingling of finances since i can not add him into my accounts here in america (ING and checking accounts) because he has no SSN, i'm including that and maybe 4 -5 pictures or him, me and my son before and left and pictures with me meeting up with his uncle in the United States and him with my parents.

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.