Amoon

new to the site...looking for similar situations for comparison

17 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone:

I am new to this site and looking for similar cases for comparison to mine. I got married in Jordan on October 19, 2008. We used an immigration attorney in Amman to file our paperwork & it was submitted to the Vermont Processing Center. We received our notice of receipt of application in November. We are pretty annoyed that the USCIS website doesn't update its processing times on a monthly basis. We are just unsure of the normal processing times and wondered if anyone submitted an application around the same time. How long was your case "pending." Just need some support here. :crying::( It is so hard to wait, as I am sure everyone can identify with.

Thanks so much for any input.

Amanda

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

We waited 8 months at VSC. I hope they pick up the pace soon so everyone doesnt have to wait that long.

As far as updating the processing times. My congressmans office talked to them last month and the lady mentioned that they might go to posting every other month or so.

It VERY frustrating, we all understand.

You will find some very warm people here to help you along the way :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Welcome to VJ!

We waited 8 months at VSC. I hope they pick up the pace soon so everyone doesnt have to wait that long.

As far as updating the processing times. My congressmans office talked to them last month and the lady mentioned that they might go to posting every other month or so.

Lisa

Wow...8 months. That really is a long wait. Did you visit you husband anytime between the wait? Congratulations on your approval! I really do hope they speed up the process a lot! When I called USCIS last week they said they should be updating the website by the end of the year...it hasn't happened yet so I guess there is nothing else to do but wait. Did you case status online say pending almost the entire time you were waiting? Thanks so much, Amanda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Amanda,

welcome to the waiting game..!!..you need just to wait at this point...if no RFE...you will have 6 or 8 months to wait...so, just be patient .... :thumbs:

04/08/2008...Married

USCIS

07/15/2008...send I-130 form

01/20/2009...APPROVED...NOA2...wooohooo!! **NOA2 175 days after NOA1**

NVC

2009-01-27 : Case Number Assigned

2009-01-28 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-30 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-02-04 : IV Fee bill generated

2009-02-03 : Response from NVC to emailed DS-3032

2009-02-03 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2009-02-23 : AOS PAID (online)

2009-02-23 : IV bill PAID

2009-03-10 : AOS package sent to NVC

2009-03-10 : DS-230 sent to NVC

2009-03-25 : RFE in AOS package (NVC wants 2008 tax returns)

2009-03-27 : sent RFE to NVC

2009-03-31 : NVC got our package...***please, no more RFE***

2009-04-03 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-04-09 : Forward the case to Embassy

2009-05-04 : Medical

2009-05-12 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Perú ***VISA APPPROVED***

2009-05-14 : Visa in Hand

2009-06-05 : POE Newark, NJ...with my love

PETITION FOR STEP-DAUGHTER

USCIS

2009-07-03 : I-130 Form sent to Chicago LockBox

2009-07-09 : NOA1 Case is pending at CALIFORNIA CENTER...(I hope it goes faster than mine)

2009-09-20 : NOA2 APPROVAL

2009-10-01 : NVC Case number

2009-10-02 : DS-3032 emailed

2009-10-06 : got AOS Bill by mail

2009-10-10 : got IV Bill by email

2009-10-13 : AOS Bill PAID

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Everyone:

I am new to this site and looking for similar cases for comparison to mine. I got married in Jordan on October 19, 2008. We used an immigration attorney in Amman to file our paperwork & it was submitted to the Vermont Processing Center. We received our notice of receipt of application in November. We are pretty annoyed that the USCIS website doesn't update its processing times on a monthly basis. We are just unsure of the normal processing times and wondered if anyone submitted an application around the same time. How long was your case "pending." Just need some support here. :crying::( It is so hard to wait, as I am sure everyone can identify with.

Thanks so much for any input.

Amanda

Welcome to VJ! Currently the wait time is about 6-8 months @ VSC. You will get lots of support and helpful advise here.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline
Welcome to VJ!

Lisa

Wow...8 months. That really is a long wait. Did you visit you husband anytime between the wait? Congratulations on your approval! I really do hope they speed up the process a lot! When I called USCIS last week they said they should be updating the website by the end of the year...it hasn't happened yet so I guess there is nothing else to do but wait. Did you case status online say pending almost the entire time you were waiting? Thanks so much, Amanda

Amanda,

I did not get to visit the entire time :(

We saw a few "touches" this just means that the dates next to your case number online, changed. They really mean nothing, but its exciting when you are first starting out. So yes, its said "received and pending" the whole 8 months. I wrote my congressman about 6 times along the way, poor them :lol:

If you can afford to visit,DO. You guys do have a long wait ahead of you and it will be hard. Communicating as much as humanly possible with your husband and finding a support network will help tremendously.

We're here to listen to the griping,frustration and moaning that goes hand and hand with VSC. :D

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to the waiting game! Hope you wont have to wait as long as some of us here have. This is a great place for support. You've come to the right place for advice. I have been pending at VSC since August 1st, no updates since August 19th and it has remained pending for 5 months so far. Not expecting anything for another 3 months. God help all of us! Good luck! If you need to vent we're here for you.

Mahitab

Welcome to VJ!

Lisa

Amanda,

I did not get to visit the entire time :(

We saw a few "touches" this just means that the dates next to your case number online, changed. They really mean nothing, but its exciting when you are first starting out. So yes, its said "received and pending" the whole 8 months. I wrote my congressman about 6 times along the way, poor them :lol:

If you can afford to visit,DO. You guys do have a long wait ahead of you and it will be hard. Communicating as much as humanly possible with your husband and finding a support network will help tremendously.

We're here to listen to the griping,frustration and moaning that goes hand and hand with VSC. :D

Lisa

Hi Amanda,

welcome to the waiting game..!!..you need just to wait at this point...if no RFE...you will have 6 or 8 months to wait...so, just be patient .... :thumbs:

I know I will have to wait it out. :unsure: And I'm sure it won't happen as soon as I would hope for. What is the RFE you are talking about?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

RFE is when VSC pauses the processing of your application to request additional information from you. It could be some sort of evidence you forgot to include in your application or some additional evidence that they deem necessary to establish that your case is genuine. Usually VSC will resume processing of the application as soon as they hear back from you but it would still be a minor setback of a few weeks before your case is approved.

Deepak

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I waited a YEAR for my 2nd NOA's at VSC........it a gruling process. Remember on thing, contrary to popular belief, there is no Senator, Congessman, or Representive that can speed the process up. All they do is go on the USCIS website and look up the same info you do, I have been there and done that.

12/04 met online

04/05 met in Hong Kong (2 weeks)

09/05 petition sent I-129 via lawyer (what a rip that was)

04/06 trip to Shenzhen, gave her diamond (to small boooo)

11/06 interview

11/06 DENIED "not a bonafide relationship"

02/07 married in Hong Kong & Shenzhen sightsee (1 month stay)

11/07 I-130 sent in

01/08 NOA-1

04/08 I-129F sent

05/08 NOA-1

11/08 sent letter to cancel OLD I-129F (2005) petition so no problems

11/18 received confirmation (email) letter received (VSC working on the old I-129F) quickest response ever from any governmnet agency !!!!!!!!!!!!

11/08 13 letters sent to Senate Judiciary Subcomittee Immigration

11/25 mailed me for more evidence, don't understand this delay new

I-129F (05/08)

11/29/08 received request for more evidence.......I forgot to check "NO' for domestic violence, homicide, manslaughter etc etc,

how stupid of me gezzzzzzzzzzz someone KICK ME please.

Also received action to the old WAC petition I-129F to reopen to withdraw petition.

12/01/08 I checked the "NO" box and sent in to VSC.

12/02/08 requested expedite services (need life saving operation)

12/06/08 received email new I-129F back in process mode

12/19/08 denial to expedite petition (unbelievable)

12/30/08 USCIS sending why the denial old I-129F (cant wait to get that response)

01/03/09 Finally received both NOA-2's today, my heart cant take it.

01/09/09 Received 1st letter from NVC for $70.00......no no no I want to process the I-129F. Got my birthdate wrong, have to fix that.

03/24/09 Interview........DENIED HK

This is going to be a NOVEL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I waited a YEAR for my 2nd NOA's at VSC........it a gruling process. Remember on thing, contrary to popular belief, there is no Senator, Congessman, or Representive that can speed the process up. All they do is go on the USCIS website and look up the same info you do, I have been there and done that.

Some do contact USCIS directly by phone or at least e-mail.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Dear Amanda,

If I were at your place, I would have scared with the postings...But I know, all my VJ friends are telling you the true fact of "WAITING GAME"...Welcome Hun....

I just pray that VSC speeds a bit so that you can atleast get approved within 6 months....

Take care

Sonia

Timeline

and they can get you info(where your petition is in the process) that you could never pull out of an officer at a service center.

Thanks!

and they can get you info(where your petition is in the process) that you could never pull out of an officer at a service center.

Maybe I can try that...so did you just look them up who your representative is on the internet and just contact them by mail? Can you give me an example of what you said?

Thanks so much!!

Timeline

I used our congressman. yep, you can google it to find out who rep's you.

I just wrote a letter saying that I would like to know the status of my case..bla bla...VSC timelines bla bla "I am writing to request a formal inquiry into my case at VSC"

There is no wrong way to do it really. Make sure that you include your receipt numbers and a privacy waiver form (you can download these from most congrss/senator websites)

The intitial response from USCIC to an inquiry is "we are currently processing cases received on____" so I would throw in there that you know your petition is not outside normal processing times, so you would really like to know WHERE in the process it is.

It wont "speed up" the process, but for us personally; it was a huge value to know what exactly was happening...even if it was nothing. In the end, our congressman is also going to write a letter to the consulate when we get our interview scheduled. That certainly cant hurt anything either :)

Good luck and PM me if you need anything :)

Lisa

edit to say---we had a very knowledable and helpful constituent manager working with us, so it made a difference. I have seen people write tht they wrote and wrote with the same standard answers received

Edited by Y_habibitk

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.