Amoon

new to the site...looking for similar situations for comparison

17 posts in this topic

I used our congressman. yep, you can google it to find out who rep's you.

I just wrote a letter saying that I would like to know the status of my case..bla bla...VSC timelines bla bla "I am writing to request a formal inquiry into my case at VSC"

There is no wrong way to do it really. Make sure that you include your receipt numbers and a privacy waiver form (you can download these from most congrss/senator websites)

The intitial response from USCIC to an inquiry is "we are currently processing cases received on____" so I would throw in there that you know your petition is not outside normal processing times, so you would really like to know WHERE in the process it is.

It wont "speed up" the process, but for us personally; it was a huge value to know what exactly was happening...even if it was nothing. In the end, our congressman is also going to write a letter to the consulate when we get our interview scheduled. That certainly cant hurt anything either :)

Good luck and PM me if you need anything :)

Lisa

edit to say---we had a very knowledable and helpful constituent manager working with us, so it made a difference. I have seen people write tht they wrote and wrote with the same standard answers received

I really appreciate that. I will give it a try. I guess its better than just sitting on my butt doing nothing about it. :) Thanks for all the advice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline
I waited a YEAR for my 2nd NOA's at VSC........it a gruling process. Remember on thing, contrary to popular belief, there is no Senator, Congessman, or Representive that can speed the process up. All they do is go on the USCIS website and look up the same info you do, I have been there and done that.

Hi Brokenhearted can you update your timeline

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.