mrs. harris

anyone??? who knows how to file for alimony and child support???

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Even using a court in the Philippines she is still screwed. No court order in the phils is valid in the US. Being she is neither a USC or a PR she has no rights in this regards. I am very sorry to say that out of country child support is not enforcable. Proving that her child is that of a USC will be quit hard also. I am very sorry to say but your situation is not looking good.

Foreign Reciprocating Countries

Australia

Canada

Czech Republic

El Salvador

Finland

Hungary

Ireland

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Slovak Republic

Switzerland

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/international/

I am very sorry that you got screwed like this.

Well she is married, and perhaps he signed the Birth-certificate. I don't think her situation is completely hopeless.

It's not as if she were making some warrant-less claim about someone she knew in passing. Somewhere there's at least a record that he married her.

That has to stand for something.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Even using a court in the Philippines she is still screwed.

Well she is married, and perhaps he signed the Birth-certificate. I don't think her situation is completely hopeless.

It's not as if she were making some warrant-less claim about someone she knew in passing. Somewhere there's at least a record that he married her.

I'm not sure about Nevada, but in Florida all divorce is no-fault, and it is nearly impossible to get alimony unless the marriage lasted longer than 10 years.

If this person was in California she could go the CSS but if she is in the Philippines there isn't much that she can do. California's Child Support Services, now headed by the once head of the Orange County office, is geared to help custodial parents collect support from non-custodial parents. They would certainly go after the dead beat anywhere in the U.S.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Even using a court in the Philippines she is still screwed. No court order in the phils is valid in the US. Being she is neither a USC or a PR she has no rights in this regards. I am very sorry to say that out of country child support is not enforcable. Proving that her child is that of a USC will be quit hard also. I am very sorry to say but your situation is not looking good.

Foreign Reciprocating Countries

Australia

Canada

Czech Republic

El Salvador

Finland

Hungary

Ireland

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Slovak Republic

Switzerland

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/international/

I am very sorry that you got screwed like this.

Well morally it does stand for something but from a legal stand point if she is not from one of the coutries listed, child support enforcment has no grounds. The only exception is if her soon to be ex was in the military, then it's enforcable but it will be tied up for years in the military courts.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
You would need to contact a nevada attorney within the county where he is living, and file a complaint. Did he ever bother to get a divorce???

tnx for the reply...no, he didn't file for a divorce yet....that i dont know...they said..he can file for a divorce without my knowledge...

Timeline
here you go I hope this helps you!

http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.p...p;state_code=NV

if you scroll down on this one it will explain a lot!!

http://www.womansdivorce.com/nevada.html#LAW

i'll check this out....tnx so much!!!!

tnx for the reply...no, he didn't file for a divorce yet....that i dont know...they said..he can file for a divorce without my knowledge...

Divorce in absentia is possible.

Timeline

thank you all so much for the reply....i'll check on the site suggested...and contact a lawyer...though i know it will really cost me...i dont know how to do it...but i'll try to search more....thank so much again to all of you...Godbless!!!

I had a child 17 years ago with a man who didn't want to face responsibility. Needless to say... he took off and left me. We are both USC and the crazy thing about this is, he lived about 15 minutes away from me the eintire 17 years. He would work "under the table" to avoid having to pay. He would move from house to house so they couldn't find him.

I did file for support with the local Domestic Relations Offiice. They issued warrant after warrant for his arrest. Sometimes he would get picked up for a traffic violation ( he never got a license because he didn't want to be found) and they would bring him in, order him to pay $1500.00 and then let him go. Several times he spent some time in jail for failure to pay support, but they always let him go. 17 years of waiting for the authorities to find him. but I didn't sit around and do nothing. I was always asking questions to mutual friends but they would always tell me they haven't seen him. He has even made it to the the top 10 most wanted in my county. He was posted on the internet. 17 years with no support and FINALLY... he moved to Colorado with his brother and his wife. Thank god for the employee database in the United States. He started working at a waste plant in Colorado. His social security number was traced and the courts started taking support money out of his pay. 17 YEARS LATER.

Funny thing is... I have been getting money from him since August of 2008 and this week he stopped paying.

I know I've gone on and on but the point I am trying to make is....

My ex was 15 minutes away from me and the police , sheriffs, lawyers and everyone else couldn't find him. If they don't want to be found,they won't be found. My ex sacraficed alot just to avoid paying. ( driver's license, a real job with taxes tahken out, owning a home, owning a car...etc...) silly if you ask me. A whole life of running for nothing.

NOW, he owes me over $30,000.00 of just back support that he will still have to pay even after my daughter turns 18. I may never see that money.

Good luck trying to enforce a child support order in another country. I couldn't even enforce one in my own county.

And even if a jail sentence is his punishment for not paying support, what good is that? When he is in jail , you don't get any money anyway.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Divorce in absentia is possible.

she's under k3..

they got married in the philippines..?

no divorce in the philippines..

im confused now.. :wacko:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi there guys!!! i reaally need help on how to file for alimony and child support...i'm from the philippines...my husband is from nevada, usa. we were married for 2 1/2 years...and my petition was approved last july 2, 2008...not knowing that there's something going on there...he cheated on me...he is now living with this other woman, who has 2 sons with another man...by the way...he cancelled the petition...and i received the cancellation letter from usem...last september...we have a son...who is deeply hurt by his sudden change/decision...he rarely calls his son and rarely send allowance for our son...i suddenly realize that i should file for child support for my son...(i just dont know where to start)...my friend told me...that not only i can file for child support but also...i can file for alimony...we were abandoned..and i was really devasted....it's new year now...and i realize that..i have to fight for our right...i have to be strong for the sake of my son....i've been gone and quiet for a while...but now...it's time to move on....i know i have to...and i can do it!!!

hi mrs. harris!

we have the same situation right now. can u send me a private message so we can talk? thank's

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
YES, you definetely entitle to child support and alimony.

you are not entitled to alimony. you have not been cohabitive and cannot establish a basis for standard of living on which to base any such claim. alimony is a thing of the past in most states. it is awarded only in long term cohabitive relationships in which one party can argue that they have sacrificed their own opportunities significantly in the interest of the marriage.

child support can be arranged, but it will cost you a bundle, as indicated in my other thread. if your guy doesn't make a ton of money, it won't be enough to offset the costs of acquiring, since you will have to obtain representation in USA. then, if your husband defaults on the support, you will have to pay more to a lawyer to get the order enforced.

Edited by justashooter

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.